Same

bout to get back into battle mode as well

2 or 3 year hiatus was crazy

Soule

Re: Open Mic Chat

Time to pop the cork and get it going.

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

@OG Maestro I appreciate you for leaving all this feed back

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    @OG Maestro I appreciate you for leaving all this feed back
    Give me member of the month then negro. sike naw, it's no problem man. just giving back to a site that's helped me thru some times. gave me a space to put my hobby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

This dude ain't the only one giving mad feedback lol.

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

tomorrow I will be going through and checking for links.

please get them or I will close it up until you do.

Soule

I got links for days.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    tomorrow I will be going through and checking for links.

please get them or I will close it up until you do.
    I'll be helping you out while the cat's away : )
    Pm me if you need anything.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

@Cracka , finished your feed. Sorry it got cut in half.

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

I feel as though OG does not appreciate the art of flex bars or dropping just to drop without having a picture or story

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Flex bars sell more records than "topicals" ever would. I'd rather see someone speak from themselves - even if they're just hyping themselves up - than read fairytales or conceptual pieces if I'm honest. The beauty of rap (and text is rap lyrics if you do it right) is that it doesn't require years of musical training to be good, it gives a musical voice to those who usually wouldn't have one. The best shit whether text or musical is always the shit which comes from the heart not the head imo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka View Post
    Flex bars sell more records than "topicals" ever would. I'd rather see someone speak from themselves - even if they're just hyping themselves up - than read fairytales or conceptual pieces if I'm honest. The beauty of rap (and text is rap lyrics if you do it right) is that it doesn't require years of musical training to be good, it gives a musical voice to those who usually wouldn't have one. The best shit whether text or musical is always the shit which comes from the heart not the head imo.

I ove flex pieces as well, I like the deeper shit where people use pictures and stuff to, I htink people get to deep into it somethmes though and think that if you write a flex piece its not as creative or articulate as the other type of piece. which is completely wrong. BUt i am also a big fan if disses lol

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by God of War View Post
    I feel as though OG does not appreciate the art of flex bars or dropping just to drop without having a picture or story
    Whaaaat, nigga you CRAZY. That just made me wanna release a flex verse. and imma take ya name and put it as the title just for you.

#grandtheftauto

nah but all jokes aside. i do appreciate it. but i have expectations for flex pieces. i'll show you how i expect it when i post some shit today. i'll even tag you so you get the exclusive notification on it being dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

And flex vs. deep pieces is a false argument. art is art in my opinion. I've released like 5-6 disses in OM, they all get 500+ views off the first page alone. and my flex pieces are typically underrated.

in fact, i could make an argument against flex selling more than deep pieces. let's keep this relative to RB, for the sake of an example, right?
    So, I got 4 HOF nominations, 3 HOF's. All for deep pieces with topics.

Do yall know, I've never seen a flex piece get HOF throughout all the different OM mod eras? idk. might be a sign that they are not where the money is. Money = success in viewership and accolades.

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

Quote Originally Posted by OG Maestro View Post
    Whaaaat, nigga you CRAZY. That just made me wanna release a flex verse. and imma take ya name and put it as the title just for you.

#grandtheftauto

nah but all jokes aside. i do appreciate it. but i have expectations for flex pieces. i'll show you how i expect it when i post some shit today. i'll even tag you so you get the exclusive notification on it being dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

And flex vs. deep pieces is a false argument. art is art in my opinion. I've released like 5-6 disses in OM, they all get 500+ views off the first page alone. and my flex pieces are typically underrated.

in fact, i could make an argument against flex selling more than deep pieces. let's keep this relative to RB, for the sake of an example, right?
    So, I got 4 HOF nominations, 3 HOF's. All for deep pieces with topics.

Do yall know, I've never seen a flex piece get HOF throughout all the different OM mod eras? idk. might be a sign that they are not where the money is. Money = success in viewership and accolades.
    I remember when I first came to rb, you would get a warning or banned form om for dropping disses in it me and another dude rallied against it and anoyyed the shit out of smoka until he made the dude who run om change that stupid fucking rule...and no one nominates flex pieces because they think it takes less skill to write which is also false.

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by God of War View Post
    I remember when I first came to rb, you would get a warning or banned form om for dropping disses in it me and another dude rallied against it and anoyyed the shit out of smoka until he made the dude who run om change that stupid fucking rule...and no one nominates flex pieces because they think it takes less skill to write which is also false.
    Well where's the lyrical text heads at to change this? @joog'n @...Celph Taut @Witty @Amen

It's like yall (not yall specifically but the community as a whole) have disagreements with how things are but forget that yall are a part of the community that causes that disagreement. every time I come on RB, it's Emily, some subpar topical writer, a poet, or Dagel nominating pieces. And you can't judge them, cause they just doing what they feel is cool and justified. But, then it's like...that 'crowd' (using that term loosely, u feel me) only nominates a specific type of piece. And overtime you won't have diversity. it's gon be the same shit gettin recognition.

so if flex pieces aint gettin no love, people gon stop writing em. and then we'll be talking about it like we are right now.