User Tag List

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast
Showing results 91 to 105 of 726

Thread: Wax Poetic Chat

Re: Wax Poetic Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Are you currently in a crew? I can add you to TNL for you to create one there if you'd like.
    I am not in a crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Phoenix View Post
    You can actually make a signature with links to all your works like Tim... did in the mag... all you do is typ[url=(insert link here] Title [ /url] no spaces actually looks nice if you do it right. =)
    Word, thanks. I'll check his sig out. I tried adding links to my sig last night and it said there was too much.

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    I am not in a crew.

Word, thanks. I'll check his sig out. I tried adding links to my sig last night and it said there was too much.
    Example 1
    Example 2 <--- you can click dem

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Phoenix View Post
    Example 1
    Example 2 <--- you can click dem
    Here's what I get, though:

The following errors occurred with your submission

Your signature cannot be longer than 200 characters including BB code markup.

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    Here's what I get, though:
    Oh wow, Okay, Jukon's idea works best then. I apologize.

If I can get a password to TNL, I'd be all over it. ;]

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

will feed more poems throughout the day. already got about a good 6 in to start... getting coffee and a morning smoke and ill read a few more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

nice roll you're on @mic s

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

i got a few hours before i get busy............ need any graphics for the mag?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by mic s View Post
    i got a few hours before i get busy............ need any graphics for the mag?
    that sounds great! ty.

ill be back online soon.

Point of discussion: feel free to flame and ridicule me all ye want. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the combination of the OM and PC forums? I'm sure this has been brought it up before and now with the resurgence of PC, this may be a no go, but hear me out: In my opinion, OMs are predominantly topicals (or at least should be; braggadocio and diss verses are rudimentary, repugnant, and flat out suck) and PC is essentially the same thing. I see a very fine line when it comes to topical writing and poetry; in fact, I see topical writing as poetry, simply another branch. I can see it as a good idea to foster more activity between the two forums and since people are starting to post topicals in here as poetry.

However, I can also see this is a bad thing considering the PC elements may eventually get overshadowed by the crappy OM pieces stockpiling up. It is nice to distinguish our writings from the rest since this forum is where the real legitimately great writing gets posted.

I'm just curious on other thoughts to be honest.

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

a lot of good poems being dropped...

been reading some ---- havent dropped feed on em yet - but thats coming.. no worries

how everyone doing?

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by idealizt View Post
    Point of discussion: feel free to flame and ridicule me all ye want. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the combination of the OM and PC forums? I'm sure this has been brought it up before and now with the resurgence of PC, this may be a no go, but hear me out: In my opinion, OMs are predominantly topicals (or at least should be; braggadocio and diss verses are rudimentary, repugnant, and flat out suck) and PC is essentially the same thing. I see a very fine line when it comes to topical writing and poetry; in fact, I see topical writing as poetry, simply another branch. I can see it as a good idea to foster more activity between the two forums and since people are starting to post topicals in here as poetry.

However, I can also see this is a bad thing considering the PC elements may eventually get overshadowed by the crappy OM pieces stockpiling up. It is nice to distinguish our writings from the rest since this forum is where the real legitimately great writing gets posted.

I'm just curious on other thoughts to be honest.
    To not come off as brash, but this is not even a discussion. And because I respect you as a writer I hope you don't take this personally

Emily and I worked too hard already to save PC from being eliminated entirely. And it's thriving the most it has in over a year due to the active members and people actually leaving feedback. And I'm not gonna take that away by stuffing this in with open mic. Most OM people don't post poetry, and I don't expect them to, nor do I want them to feel like they have to.

Em and I are very protective of this area, and it'll always be its own unless her and I decide differently.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

To not come off as brash, but this is not even a discussion. And because I respect you as a writer I hope you don't take this personally

Emily and I worked too hard already to save PC from being eliminated entirely. And it's thriving the most it has in over a year due to the active members and people actually leaving feedback. And I'm not gonna take that away by stuffing this in with open mic. Most OM people don't post poetry, and I don't expect them to, nor do I want them to feel like they have to.

Em and I are very protective of this area, and it'll always be its own unless her and I decide differently.
    I agree with this. it should be left separate---

I'm with you bud. I take nothing personal because you didn't make anything personal. This is a fair assessment and I would do nothing to take away yours and Emily's baby from y'all. I like this little corner of the forums if it wasn't obvious. I was only throwing the idea out there to hear other thoughts.

I'm all for keeping PC as it is despite my initial query. I like the folks 'round these parts. =]

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by idealizt View Post
    ...I see a very fine line when it comes to topical writing and poetry; in fact, I see topical writing as poetry, simply another branch...
    Me too.
    I like that it's separate though because there are poetic pieces in here (non-rhyming predominately) that would never be looked at if they were merged with om. Om has heavy flow, full of rhyme and pc pieces don't have to embody that. They just need that angelic air about them that makes them float like a feather down the page.
    Certain om people wouldn't appreciate certain pc pieces like the pc community does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mic s View Post
    a lot of good poems being dropped...

been reading some ---- havent dropped feed on em yet - but thats coming.. no worries

how everyone doing?
    Hey mic s, all good. hope you are too.

I know, so many drops, so little time.
    I need the time to feed the ones I haven't gotten to yet.
    It's great seeing activity in here though.
    Thanks to all who make that happen.