User Tag List

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast
Showing results 76 to 90 of 726

Thread: Wax Poetic Chat

Re: Wax Poetic Chat

No worries. Just threw that out there because I'll be gone for a while starting next Tuesday. So if Tuesday rolls around, don't worry about me.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

@Wayfarer , it can happen.
    It doesn't matter that you're new.
    I'll pm you some questions at some stage soon.
    Just answer and send back. Too easy.
    Thanks.

And then you can read the mag when you get back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@Emily Sounds good to me, madam. Look forward to it.

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

@Wayfarer nomination thread is for nominations, keep your replies in here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Word, I gotcha.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you saw it @Emily , but thanks for the nomination and kind words. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback @Jukon . Something you stated brings up an interesting debate I'd like to present to everyone here.

Jukon mentioned:

I myself don't prefer constant rhyming in poetry, I like them to be littered throughout the piece here and there, but you made it work for you.
    I respect this view and completely understand it. I am wondering what everyone else's opinion on this is. I myself am neutral on the matter. For anyone who has read my writings, I do indeed love to rhyme as much as possible. Incorporating as many fluid multis into my writing is just what I love to do. However, this leads me to wonder: Where is the distinguishing line between topical writing and poetry? In my mind, I find it to be the same thing. Writing, and more specifically poetry, is free from regulation and conformity. I was told on another site that my writing (specifically the Scarlet Letter or Badge of Honor?) was a mixture of poetry and shortbar topical. So ever since then and upon reading Jukon's feedback, I have been wondering just where is the defining line if such a line even exists?

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2

It's not really something that is frowned upon, and it definitely makes the read smoother and more fluid. And I even catch myself doing it, doesn't bother me, I just find that sometimes poems lose magnitude when people spend more time on rhymes. Poetry, for me, is an emotional connection, that shouldn't be hindered by trying to make sure my rhymes are there. Which is why I switched to poetry and don't dabble with open Mics anymore. People too often focus on the mechanics and lose sight of the bigger picture. I try to focus more on emotion and imagery and if rhyming threatens to derail that then it's something I'm drawn to or seem to really enjoy. But if it happens, it happens and definitely makes the read easier.

I guess I would say I'm more towards not having rhymes but it won't make the piece any less enjoyable if they're there. With yours, they work because you're not letting the poetic sense falter. As long as the right sacrifices are being made and you're not losing meaning within the rhymes. I've seen some pretty great pieces fall short due to the rhyme scheme being the focal point rather than the story or concept.
    Last edited by Jukon; October 15th, 2015 at 07:28 PM

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2

Closed and moved.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Closed and moved.
    thank you

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2

Sure em

Battle Record
    7-0
    Awards Haiku Season Champion PC HOF

Greetings

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2

You're jus here to tease us

@Jukon @Emily

Is there a proper place on here to create a thread for the sole purpose of collecting all of my works in one place? I notice a few people have done so in the HOF forum I believe, but I'm not sure if that's only for HOFers or for anyone. If there isn't such a place, it's no worries; just asking.

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2

Are you currently in a crew? I can add you to TNL for you to create one there if you'd like.

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    @Jukon @Emily

Is there a proper place on here to create a thread for the sole purpose of collecting all of my works in one place? I notice a few people have done so in the HOF forum I believe, but I'm not sure if that's only for HOFers or for anyone. If there isn't such a place, it's no worries; just asking.
    You can actually make a signature with links to all your works like Tim... did in the mag... all you do is typ[url=(insert link here] Title [ /url] no spaces actually looks nice if you do it right. =)