User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 236

Thread: Changes

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Re: Changes

The people want change but don't wanna be the change

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Frost View Post
    The people want change but don't wanna be the change
    this

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Tbh it's really easy to mod & partake in leagues.

I won't disclose my information but I was considerably young when I took hold of HL & SSL. I posted in both, maintained fairness & strict rules ONLY when activity was at normal function(voting on point, closing on time, etc) which is how it should be. When a league is slow & not functioning, strict rules kind of become non-valid/no longer suitable.

The problems begin when 1 person slips. This community is far too thinned out to have 1 person slip.

Brandon Cee doesn't come back & two leagues fall under the water. It took days on days to replace him.
    Then, his replacements needed replacements. It's a cycle of people wanting change but never putting that work in.
    And it's not because they don't want to, all the time, it's just that they are too old for this.
    RB is simply needs a younger generation to sweep through & take hold of it.

The sad part is that the times are changing so much that a forum like this can't & I will say it right now..WON'T ever survive in these new times. Because the younger generation's attention span is that of a fly -- I actually think there are studies that show it's worse than a fly. People stay tuned into an iconic sensory image for 1 second or 2, something like that.

Forums aren't fit for this new generation, that's why kids are flocking to the board.
    We just keep getting returning veterans & nostalgic older members because that's who the forum still appeals to.

Battle Record
    34-16
    Awards VBL Champion VBL Season Champion 25+ Wins

I won't disclose my information but I was considerably young when I took hold of HL & SSL. I posted in both, maintained fairness & strict rules ONLY when activity was at normal function(voting on point, closing on time, etc) which is how it should be. When a league is slow & not functioning, strict rules kind of become non-valid/no longer suitable.

The problems begin when 1 person slips. This community is far too thinned out to have 1 person slip.

Brandon Cee doesn't come back & two leagues fall under the water. It took days on days to replace him.
    Then, his replacements needed replacements. It's a cycle of people wanting change but never putting that work in.
    And it's not because they don't want to, all the time, it's just that they are too old for this.

The sad part is that the times are changing so much that a forum like this can't & I will say it right now..WON'T ever survive in these new times. Because the younger generation's attention span is that of a fly -- I actually think there are studies that show it's worse than a fly. People stay tuned into an iconic sensory image for 1 second or 2, something like that.

Forums aren't fit for this new generation, that's why kids are flocking to the board.
    We just keep getting returning veterans & nostalgic older members because that's who the forum still appeals to.
    Well said.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    [youtube]oJsFnFIWRuY[/youtube]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards OM WOTM SS HOF SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins

sounds like a plan...
    [youtube]99ns8n2S40g[/youtube]

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1

Sounds sweet man. Great timing too, I'm just finishing up a 9 month tour and I'm itching to put that pen to work.

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

The amount of time we've been on here in years is older than what the younger generation age demographic is . We are some dinosaur ass niggas

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by God of War View Post
    most of what you say I usually agree with this is wrong tho, kids don;t not flock here because they dont like it they don't flock because they do not really know about it, there is facebook pages for text with hundreds of members .
    You read my mind, I had to have a few things renovated & I never posted my last thing I had to say about that part too.

- - - Updated - - -

Funding this site & then advertising for it will get it to where it needs to go.
    One last push needs it to be like this:

All veterans & legends or whatever, come back & surround this scene with the guidance it needs.
    Once advertising brings in the new kids -- let them elevate. Accept challenges, have more "Ultimate Battler" sort of initiatives that make newbies rise up to the occasion of creative, competitive art.

That way niggas can finally rest easy knowing when they log in to this site it won't be a mere tombstone of what it once represented but a new chapter of life.
    This is all easier said than done, but it's an idea.

Also, another thing to make a point would be to say that poetry & written prose & text rap battling & non-live/stage battling will continue to lose popularity as this digital era rolls forward -- something all of us have harbored & known since the day we begun. This era is more favorable for performance art, which is why Buzzfeed is popping on FB. All them lame ass shows; Real Housewives of [insert city], Empire, Bad Girls Club...hot as fuck right now. Why?
    The movies will forever make bread due to he laws on movies & their distribution.

However, the visual arts & literary arts aren't the same fire they use to be.
    Today's Louis Armstrongs & Langston Hughes are underrated underground spoken word artists & musicians with no type of paycheck coming in -- which assists in their slow Kobe-like fade away in the scene. "Remember when [insert lost artist] use to be around".

Take "Wild 'N Out" for example. It's back. They ain't got half the bars I seen cats on here type up OR spit over in VBL with Chapo, Shawn & Mimic & all them fools.
    But it's the appeal they have.

These people don't really like what they like. We people don't, that is.
    They, we, us -- enjoy HOW it's given to us.

Some kind of advertisement system besides for what we've already been doing is needed.
    And I personally believe representation is everything. Honestly, RR's site looks more fun to participate on than this black & white forum. I remember skins & color outlines being available but the default theme needs to be revamped in my opinion. If I had to choose between Rap Royalty & Rapbattles without having knowledge of either -- based on looks RR would get my participation & home-allegiance.

- - - Updated - - -

Rant Summary: New advertisement tactics + more vets around + new site theme.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    Who?
    U dawg

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

SO WHATS YOUR BIG IDEA, CAPT STATE-THE-OBVIOUS?

to do away with the forum altogether because ppl would rather sit on FB now?

demote the site altogether and let it become just another ailing page 'Liked' on social media with even less activity?

please inform us all you wack as fuck modern day hiphop Moses

Officially not Art
    Battle Record
    1-1

No one votes on battles = dead site IMO.

I remember when rb was popping, the leagues were running smooth and new ppl were coming to fl everyday n about a third of them would stick around n elevate. I don't have the answer to bring the site back to life but with NBL about to be over starting LLL season would be a good idea, with a preseason mag.

I would like to see rb return to its former glory and once again rival nc.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

Netcees is poppin' like it hasn't in a couple years tho, and it's all down to @Hush and @Sharp and @vulgar

You need a mixture of 3 things.

1. Dedicated mods (all 3 of the above)

2. VETS & LEGENDS (trust me, this is important, you need the respected and admired within the community to still want it and steer the ship, you need that experience, that's why hush and vulgar have been so successful, they are known names, legends in what they do, it gives leagues and tourneys more credibility)

3. New guys who are humble and want to learn and be that new class coming up to take the reins in the future (That's Sharp, he's the leader of the new school, there's other dudes too but Sharp doing his thing like no other)

Put these things together and you have yourself an active forum with a bright future.
    Last edited by Witty; July 16th, 2015 at 02:13 PM

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Witty View Post
    Netcees is poppin' like it hasn't in a couple years tho, and it's all down to @Hush and @Sharp and @vulgar

You need a mixture of 3 things.

1. Dedicated mods (all 3 of the above)

2. VETS & LEGENDS (trust me, this is important, you need the respected and admired within the community to still want it and steer the ship, you need that experience, that's why hush and vulgar have been so successful, they are known names, legends in what they do, it gives leagues and tourneys more credibility)

3. New guys who are humble and want to learn and be that new class coming up to take the reins in the future (That's Sharp, he's the leader of the new school, there's other dudes too but Sharp doing his thing like no other)

Put these things together and you have yourself an active forum with a bright future.
    Hello witty

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Killing Spree View Post
    Hello witty
    Hi

How are you?

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by God of War View Post
    new members to old memebers ratio is what? I aint saying they aint putting in work, but I dont see a shit ton of legitimate new members on anysite
    Not a shit ton, but enough of a foundation to build on, everything starts somewhere bro.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame