Camembert and crackers

Blur

And dust

dancing around

her

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...ds-of-Darkness
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...Banksy-Edition
    Last edited by Emily; April 25th, 2015 at 10:37 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

Re: Sam

Some of your wording still surprises me, I know you're good with wording but I unno, sometimes you really break those expectations. Crisp, tight wording, and the word choice itself is great. I feel like the seven years/ glass smashed was a play on the "break a mirror and get 7 years bad luck" something along those lines.

She even looked - beautiful
    with a noose around her neck

hanging

Ballerina forever in thin air
    Frozen in my mind’s time

Thawing me
    with her Free twirl

^^that part tho, how everything molds together. Solid imagery here, you really paint the vivid picture.

I liked this Em. Good post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

This was great because it was different. I like to see that you're not just doing the same thing everyone else here is doing. It's refreshing. Anyway, the writing itself was cool (the story, too), but there were still a few words here and there that I would take out. Like I would take out "mind's" in the line Jukon quoted above. The fewer words you use the more it works to ME, I don't know about anyone else, but I liked this overall.
    i don't make dance music.

Battle Record
    64-44

Wow the end of this poem was very powerful with its imagery! Comparing her hanging to a ballerina was pretty dark and had a great metaphorical shock to it. The foreshadowing, was slight, but forecasted her deep depressive state in a satirical way. I like this type of free form emily. It drew me in deep and didnt take me in any unwanted directions. Even her coffe table spoke some about her life style. This was a beautiful piece emily.

"and sam was never half again"

dam that was just beautiful writing. that phrase captured so much imagery and so much emotion.
    i enjoyed this from top to bottom. i can dig the storytelling vibe you got going. the back and forth
    could of been a little more clearly but thats pretty much it for me...this was cool. ohh i gotta tell you
    im not a fan on your structure but your writing surpasses that everytime...dont know what thats worth lol

great post holmes

ant
    arctic
    eyes
    was
    like a flower
    that pops up
    when pressed down

You've Earned a Custom Title!

its sick but in a real way. I like how I could see it so clearly. Some of the words were not needed but some of the words were what I was looking for, this showed me what you saw. Looking forward to reading more of what you have to say.

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

I think that you captured a real situation and created this Natalie Portman-ish Black Swan character. The innocence was a figure standing in the shadows of despair and maybe I am reading it wrong but suicide playing its part in this as well. The mix of it all was more of a darker tone I have seen from you but I am loving this and wanting another bite of the apple.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Battle Record
    0-1

You're quite talented, Emily.

Not only is it playing with the darker side of a human being, and suicide, yet the undertones seem so romantic. That's how I read it, anyway. You didn't use many words, however the scene and the story is so detailed in my mind. Goosebumps. I swear, up and down my skin.
    Bravo!

Battle Record
    0-4

Interesting poem. I feel like some of the spaces made it a bit awkward as well as the structure itself. Made for some awkward pauses and jumps. Overall though there's nothing else to complain about. Wording was pretty on point and besides the pauses, the flow was decent. I liked it, just a few kinks to sort out. Keep writing.

Quote Originally Posted by King Balor View Post
    Interesting poem. I feel like some of the spaces made it a bit awkward as well as the structure itself. Made for some awkward pauses and jumps. Overall though there's nothing else to complain about. Wording was pretty on point and besides the pauses, the flow was decent. I liked it, just a few kinks to sort out. Keep writing.
    lol you know absolutely nothing about anything you fucking idiot. fuck off.

as for this shit: tits or gtfo.

this was quite good, but might have been better executed as a conceit. the wintry motif - i would say begun with 'glass' - is carried thematically by the words: ivory, antarctic, crystal, snow, frozen, thawing, even dust (to a lesser extent) -- of course. it works, and combines to conjure a potent image of a ballerina-come-whirling-dervish framed by a snow globe. the phrasing 'thin air' was excellent, if written for the reason i think you did (and even if you didn't, tbh). now, the coffee table does give a brief glimpse into behavioural habits, perhaps, if you want to glean that - i don't - i view its mention as a grounding of the surreal, yet disquieting serenity of the pivotal (quite literally, too) scene before it. also curious is the idea the experience somehow benefits the speaker in thawing them. that was interesting. pretty good. i'm impressed.

come to mine. i'll read you the poetry i never post online.
    Last edited by English; October 14th, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Firstly, I love the chaotic structure. Semblances of creativity of this nature really appeal to me when they are unique, ubiquitous even, and still easily readable. The story you paint in the beginning is interesting, suspenseful, leaving me wondering what to expect next. It is so corporeal, relatively easy for the reader to relate to what is taking place. I absolutely love this description here:

Ivory skin
    Jet black hair
    Antarctic eyes
    Crystal clear
    Like Snow and Sea
    Your diction, imagery, structure, and simile are all spot on. This is pure poetry in my eyes. The "Antarctic eyes / Crystal clear / Like Snow and Sea" really got me. Such a beautiful description of a beautiful person. At least the image conjured in my head is that of a gorgeous ass goddess. Such a shame that such a beautiful being took a turn for the worse. These lines were excellent as well:

Ballerina forever in thin air
    Frozen in my mind’s time
    Very clever wording with a very powerful image. You did everything right in crafting these sentences.

The ending with the "dust dancing around her" was also a very powerful image. I cannot find a single fault with this poem. This is really deep, again another piece that is a true definition of poetry. You have a gift with words, my lady. I am also a big fan of your work and will for sure keep my eyes peeled for your name in the future. Great writing once again.

We will have to collaborate some time if at all interested. =]
    Last edited by whoami; October 16th, 2015 at 06:10 AM