User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Got Em Sayin [Preview]- Bryan Perritt (DMX Remix)

Battle Record
    30-9

Got Em Sayin [Preview]- Bryan Perritt (DMX Remix)

I lost that competition, I made it pass the first judge and rapped in front of the camera but after wards I didn't even get selected to be in the top 50 for the next day.

oh well.

Check this out! And tell me what you think
    Last edited by Aargh Kelly; February 18th, 2021 at 09:05 AM

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Got Em Sayin [Preview]- Bryan Perritt (DMX Remix)

aye man listen... ima say you a few things here... and i dont want you to take it personal, or take it as me trying to disrespect you, cuz im not... im just trying to be 100% frank with you here...
    you posted a thread not long ago asking about Asian rappers and if they can make it.... so, you obviously had been contemplating your chances at success in the rap industry at some point... i want to list the things that i see being a problem for you....whether you consider any of what i say or not is up to you.... but as i said, dont take it as disresepct... or hate.. im not trying to hate on you at all.... you always been a chill dude and never acted like a douchebag on here... you have a few things working against you, and i want to try to make you aware of them..

the Asian thing... i think it is a factor, but i also think there is circumstances TO THAT FACTOR... for instance, your image... you look Asian.... but you do not look like the typical rap listener Asian... you look like the burbs... you look like a college kid from the burbs.... theres absolutely nothing wrong with that...but your image is a huge part of the trail to success... and i just dont see your image as being marketable, and i dont see the hardcore rap fans showing you any respect because of how you come off...

and then, you music... it isnt very serious... it comes off more like a parody... i think if you were to try to do comical rap, you would do great....but as far as serious rap shit, your image + the style of your rapping works against you hard...

just my 2 cents bro.... please dont be mad i said it, im just being real... good luck with it all regardless...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    30-9

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    aye man listen... ima say you a few things here... and i dont want you to take it personal, or take it as me trying to disrespect you, cuz im not... im just trying to be 100% frank with you here...
    you posted a thread not long ago asking about Asian rappers and if they can make it.... so, you obviously had been contemplating your chances at success in the rap industry at some point... i want to list the things that i see being a problem for you....whether you consider any of what i say or not is up to you.... but as i said, dont take it as disresepct... or hate.. im not trying to hate on you at all.... you always been a chill dude and never acted like a douchebag on here... you have a few things working against you, and i want to try to make you aware of them..

the Asian thing... i think it is a factor, but i also think there is circumstances TO THAT FACTOR... for instance, your image... you look Asian.... but you do not look like the typical rap listener Asian... you look like the burbs... you look like a college kid from the burbs.... theres absolutely nothing wrong with that...but your image is a huge part of the trail to success... and i just dont see your image as being marketable, and i dont see the hardcore rap fans showing you any respect because of how you come off...

and then, you music... it isnt very serious... it comes off more like a parody... i think if you were to try to do comical rap, you would do great....but as far as serious rap shit, your image + the style of your rapping works against you hard...

just my 2 cents bro.... please dont be mad i said it, im just being real... good luck with it all regardless...

Nope, not offended at all. This is the kind of feedback I need that no one around me can or will give me. I've always understood that my image will always hold me back but fortunately I can change my image. Me, on being asian, is something i can't change and have to push forward regardless. Before I've knew what rap was, way back in elementary school i was writing dumb stories that rhymed, then I got into poetry, and then in high school a classmate introduced me to ludicrous and eminem. Ever since then, It's something I've always wanted to pursue but the last 10 years I've been in and out of depression because of how i looked and there's been so many times I've tried to get into the local hip hop scene and have been completely ignored and it sucks when studios don't call me back. It;s been nothing but an uphill battle for me from the jump, man. But I don't care anymore, this is what I want and I have to try instead of doing nothing. I'll build my own label if i have to and take the macklemore route. Because theres one thing that sets me apart for anyone else I listen to - are my lyrics, my writing, and my ability to create a catchy hook. If i can connect with people on a lyrical level it won't matter what i look like. The hardcore rap fans may not like me, but I can appeal to the casual listener which a majority of my songs are catered to. This remix that i posted was written for a mixtape but not for an album. I don't take mixtape songs as seriously as my albums songs. I've decided to share everything, whether it sucks or not. If people like Dumbfounded, D pryde, and many other asian rappers can rap for a living then so can I. I just need to stop worrying about it and just do it and learn as i go.

Sorry for the rant, but thanks for feedback. I really needed it.

Battle Record
    0-2

no problem man... i figured this is the type of outside view you were looking for...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

@ Kelly , I don't think anyone here can say it better than Toobs did... you got talent tho. There's always a game-changing plan in the works.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Toobs actually nailed it right there.
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole