User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Cash Money Lawsuit (for whoever cares)

Enter At Your Own Risk Devastate Mindz's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0

Cash Money Lawsuit (for whoever cares)

We all saw this coming but....
    The Facts:

November, 1998: Lil Wayne signs to Cash Money.
    February, 2003: Young Money is officially launched. Lil Wayne owns 49% of Young Money, Birdman and Cash Money own the other 51%. All copyrights, fees, profits, etc. will be similarly split between them. Lil Wayne is not able to sign artists to Young Money without Cash Money's approval.
    January, 2005: Disputes lead to contract re-negotiations. Under the new version of the deal (a.k.a. the "Settlement"), Wayne is obligated to produce additional albums and in exchange gets a higher royalty rate. This means that the rift between Wayne and Cash Money is nothing new. In fact, it's been going strong for nearly a decade now.
    July, 2006: Yet another re-negotiation raises Wayne's advances and obligates him to do two Cash Money "duet albums." And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Like Father, Like Son exists.

June, 2008: Wayne and Cash Money agree that the release of Carter III fulfills the obligations of his original 1998 deal. After the re-negotiations to that original deal, he now owes four solo albums and one duet album. 2008: Wayne and Cash Money agree to extend their Young Money joint venture an additional five years. As part of that agreement, Cash Money agrees to keep $1 million in an account at all times to pay Young Money recording expenses and overhead, and agrees to pay Wayne his 49% share of the Young Money profits monthly.

June, 2009: Drake signs to Young Money/Cash Money. Under the terms of the deal, Wayne would get one-third of the net profits generated by Drake. This means Drake officially signed to YMCMB a few months after So Far Gone dropped, although he was certainly in talks with them well before. [Side note: Aspire Records, a label started by Wayne and Drake's manager Cortez Bryant, is also listed as Drake's label.] April, 2009: Yet another re-negotiation. Cash Money agrees to pay Wayne a $10 million advance for each solo album: $8 million at the start of recording, $2 million at completion. Also, they agree to extend the Young Money/Cash Money joint venture until June of 2015. Cash Money agrees to pay $200K a quarter for Young Money "overhead" expenses.

The Allegations:

Cash Money has not paid the $200K quarterly or kept the $1 million expense account agreed to in the 2008 and April, 2009 agreements. Cash Money has NEVER provided Young Money with accounting of how much money Drake has made (and therefore the amount Wayne is owed under his 49% share). And yes, according the lawsuit, that's never, as in never ever, as in "has failed to provide a single accounting in respect to the exploitation of Drake's recordings." That's crazy talk. Under the terms of the 2003 Young Money/Cash Money joint venture, Cash Money was required to get approval from Young Money for any marketing expenses over 300K. They routinely failed to get that approval, spending millions in marketing expenses. Simply put, Cash Money allegedly spent millions marketing Young Money artists and projects without Young Money's approval, even though Young Money would owe 49% of those expenses under the terms of the 2003 deal. Cash Money has allegedly registered the copyright for Young Money music solely under the Cash Money name, instead of splitting the copyright between Young Money and Cash Money. Cash Money has allegedly routinely refused to sign artists Lil Wayne wanted to sign. Cash Money has allegedly failed to pay those involved in making Young Money albums, opening up Young Money to numerous lawsuits. No shit. In terms of Wayne's solo deal with Cash Money (so not Young Money), Cash Money allegedly refuses to show him accounting statements regarding money he's potentially owed. December, 2014: Lil Wayne turned in a completed version of Carter V. Cash Money allegedly refused to pay him the $2 million album completion advance, and had only so far paid him $2 million of the $8 million recording advance owed to Wayne under the terms of the 2009 agreement.

What Lil Wayne Is Asking For:

A total of $51 million. That $51 million is the sum total of several parts: advances owed, money owed Wayne for his solo music, money owed Wayne for Young Money music, etc. Because Cash Money has so thoroughly failed to follow the terms of the original 1998 deal, Wayne's solo deal with Cash Money should be considered finished moving forward. Because Cash Money has so thoroughly failed to follow the terms of the 2003 joint venture deal, Young Money's relationship to Cash Money should be finished moving forward. Lil Wayne should have all proper copyrights restored to himself and Young Money, and should be paid adequately moving forward for music recorded under the original deals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Le Marv.
    no one cares about your votes

Front Lines isn't real you faggot, get over it.

You've Earned a Custom Title! schizmatic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Re: Cash Money Lawsuit (for whoever cares)

Hi, I'm Wilford Brimley and I have diabetes. It hurts me to pee and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe and took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife has been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Interesting read.... Post 1 not 2

Add & Follow

·

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Interesting read... post 2, post 1 was useless shit only queers care about.

I all I can say is Karma. CM has been known to screw people over for years.

Battle Record
    6-13

yea cash money been doing niggas dirty for years...but dayum.

Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Interesting read... post 2, post 1 was useless shit only queers care about.
    You should a been all over that first post clamoring like a family of pigs after their first course waiting for number two.. Oh..

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Meks. View Post
    You should a been all over that first post clamoring like a family of pigs after their first course waiting for number two.. Oh..
    I barely get it, which is why I stopped battling a long time ago

Battle Record
    115-57

You stopped battling cuz you couldn't keep elevating with everyone else, don't kid yourself.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Cash money are scum anyway. Some songs i like. Mostly dont enjoy it cxause they all sound like little wayne wrote their work or little wayne was a big influence behind their style. He has some cool lines, rather the concepts he chooses are okay. but bah, half of what i hear is what we been using for battle raps for years. just dumbed down and executed even worse than when we do it here.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2

Quote Originally Posted by ShugWhite View Post
    Good read. What is your source? Did you write this yourself?

Id be interested in posting this on my website www.GetMoneyMusic.com -- a lot of people are asking questions.

Of course i'd link back to this thread. I just wanted to ask permission. Let me know if I can. Thank you.
    A quick google search would quickly let you know that the legal documentation is legit. I did not write all of this up myself as I do not care that much about the parties involved. I actually gleaned it off of lipstickalley dot com. So do what you wish with the info. But from what I can see ... Wayne is not bullshitting. I don't know how he will make out but he was fucked royally.

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

You stopped battling cuz you couldn't keep elevating with everyone else, don't kid yourself.
    Lol, I've got one decent battle in LLL from around 8 years ago

http://new.rapbattles.com/forum/show...atic-%282-2%29

And look, it turns out you were always an angry sociopath.

http://m.rapbattles.com/forum/showth...ks-(5-3)/page3

I guess I decided to elevate in areas of life that mattered.
    Last edited by schizmatic; March 9th, 2015 at 01:03 AM

Battle Record
    115-57

Wow, a whole almost 9 years ago, nice work detective. I see your poor little ego is still soft as ever.
    Last edited by Meks.; March 9th, 2015 at 09:24 AM

Battle Record
    0-100

Lol meks always talkin shit to someone lolol...
    Name Br&nd

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Wow, a whole almost 9 years ago, nice work detective. I see your poor little ego is still soft as ever.
    You're absolutely right, even while I'm writing symphonies I subconsciously think about how Meks is a better than me at battling.