User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: why life-changing experiences don't last (new blog post)

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

why life-changing experiences don't last (new blog post)

http://thefinitelife.com/2015/01/07/...retrospection/

let me know what you guys think, thoughts etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Re: why life-changing experiences don't last (new blog post)

Ever done LSD?

You wouldn't forget the first time you did that.

Id say they only dont last if they werent memorable enough. With all the crazy stuff we get access to thats fucking awesome. I can easily see how one awesome thing overides anothewr.

I dont remember half the movies I watch. I mean, i do, but sometimes it takes a keyword or the plot spelt out to me for me to go ahh yeah i remember actually.

Plus theres is also limited brain capasity i believe. So somewhere along the line you gotta drop old information for new. You cant hold it all in.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

Re: why life-changing experiences don't last (new blog post)

Quote Originally Posted by it's Moist View Post
    Ever done LSD?

You wouldn't forget the first time you did that.

Id say they only dont last if they werent memorable enough. With all the crazy stuff we get access to thats fucking awesome. I can easily see how one awesome thing overides anothewr.

I dont remember half the movies I watch. I mean, i do, but sometimes it takes a keyword or the plot spelt out to me for me to go ahh yeah i remember actually.

Plus theres is also limited brain capasity i believe. So somewhere along the line you gotta drop old information for new. You cant hold it all in.
    It's not simply about forgetting things, because I definitely remember a lot of my drug experiences vividly. I guess what I was getting at was you can't maintain that feeling all the time, just like you can't be passionately in love forever, or brutally sad forever, or any feeling forever, because most of our life is mundane, work-related nonsense that dulls our emotional reactions to life. Time heals all wounds, but it also makes us betray the positive things we try to pick up along the way; I deem shit as "life-changing" and then months later my life is basically the same as it always was.

That being said, I've never taken acid before, one of the few that escaped me while I was younger/partying/experimenting. If it falls on my lap now I'd give it a whirl, but I likely won't seek it out at this point in my life. Thanks for reading!