User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: should polygamy be legal in all states?

Banned
    Battle Record
    11-18

Re: should polygamy be legal in all states?

I'm talking multiple wives not underage girls

Battle Record
    16-5
    Awards PC HOF OM HOF

There was a big ass thing a few years ago where a whole lil town of polyganus people in Texas and some of the men had wives or were raising teens as housewives. Was like a polycult or some fish...........never mind fuck I watch to much tv

STD's would run rampant,
    Non-Sequitur. As long as sex stays within the group, STD's shouldn't spread.

I suspect Monogamy was originally promoted as a means of population control. The more partners you have the greater your chances of reproduction and the larger the family unit. The larger the family unit, the better the division of labor which increases productivity. Polygamy is really more suited for a farming society, opposed to an industrialized one where technology reduces the need for physical labor.

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    Because there is no separation of church and state in America
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Damn right it should be legal.. No government should be able to punish someone for personal choices that don't physically harm anyone, other then maybe himself if the woman beats on him after the affair.
    Have their been studies showing polygamy has negative effects on children? I know the only polygamists that practice it today are cults, so I would lean towards no.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDoWLesS View Post
    Have their been studies showing polygamy has negative effects on children? I know the only polygamists that practice it today are cults, so I would lean towards no.
    I don't study polygamy bro lol

And by ur logic religion should be illegal, especially for the negative effects it has on children

If ppl wanna have more than one partner and everyone's cool with it, why should that be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    I don't study polygamy bro lol

And by ur logic religion should be illegal, especially for the negative effects it has on children

If ppl wanna have more than one partner and everyone's cool with it, why should that be illegal?
    You brought up the topic so I figured you may have researched it. Certain religious practices are already illegal, such as female circumcision and human sacrifice. I get your point though.

It's not, nor should it ever be illegal to have multiple partners, the question of marriage (as with marriage equality) is about what benefits/tax structures the government should recognize.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!