User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Season XXIII: Alias 1-2 Punch League Details

Battle Record
    2-2

Season XXIII: Alias 1-2 Punch League Details

The Alias 1-2 Punch League is nearly identical to what you're used to with one obvious exception, Aliases. I believe that text battling itself is in desperate need of a reset. Everybody from NC to RB who has battled consistently for at least a year or has been around for as long as I have knows just how stale we've become. Not our writing. Our brand. The names ppl use to identify us. We seemingly know every np associated with our name at this point. We've undoubtedly witnessed every possible concept and angle coupled with that np. We recognize that personal of yours bc it's been used against us before. Dozens if not hundreds of times. Quite frankly, we are beginning to stagnate ppl. It is becoming a most boring endeavor to battle and vote these days bc we blame everybody else but ourselves for the decline in activity. Our hubris is this scenes downfall. We see a familiar np and we scoff. We see an idiomatic concept used to pull off that familiar np and have the audacity to write it off bc it was used maybe 8-9 years ago, or worse, 2-3 weeks ago. We disregard personals regardless how hard they impacted or nice they were flipped bc we have seen it all before. Well listen ppl. No more. The embedded redundancy of our own respective tenures ends here. The Alias 1-2 Punch League is now. Now is the time to resuscitate creativity. Now is the time we push aside the mundane and welcome innovation as we once did long ago before devolving into the uninspired draconian elitist hardasses that we are today. Now is the time we go to work. So, what are you waiting for? Clock the fuck in.
    GO FOR BROKE

Battle Record
    2-2

Re: Season XXIII: Alias 1-2 Punch League Details

-Aliases must have a minimum of 2 syllables.
    -Aliases such as "BXJELWJT," "----○\||\||~[]°¡", "Wet", "Talk", "OOOOOOO", etc. will not be accepted.
    -Aliases must be actual words or slang.
    -You will be given 1 Alias reset per season (playoffs not included) to be used any week of your choice. Non-refundable.
    -You can either make your new alias account (preferred) to post under or send your chosen name/bars to the mods and we will post them.
    -You are expected to vote on EVERY SINGLE BATTLE.
    -NS's will not occur in this league. If there is a NS there will be a replacement battle to take its place and the week will not progress until that battle has been decided.
    -If an extension is absolutely necessary, you will have 12 hours after deadline. No more.
    Last edited by BROKE LESNAR; November 10th, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    GO FOR BROKE

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Lol, dumb it down a little broke. If you want to attract people, use words the majority will not need a webster dictionary for and/or thesaurus, bro lol. Great idea, tho. I agree, considering I've been around since 1999 when text battling just started on EZ boards and AIM chat rooms, lol. Hopefully this is successful.

Battle Record
    2-2

Here's some additional things to know if we haven't met:

-I'm pretty lenient and can tolerate a 12 hr extension at the most, but if it gets out of hand then I'll enforce the original no extension rule.

-I hate no shows and lack of voting. The NS Replacement system works but voting is harder to manage. I don't need you to post your links, I monitor nattles frequently enough to know who is and who isn't actively participating. I'll miss stuff here and there but if your inactivity becomes apparent to me that means your inactivity is noticeable enough for me to do something ab it. If I do notice it I'll DQ you and suspend you from the league indefinitely to preserve the sancity of the league.

-I like to have special cypher events so you won't be getting a weekly cypher. These events will give you a chance to add an extra win to your record, a contendership match, or an automatich championship match. If the staff permits it the winner will also get an accomplishment.

-Monday 12am is when bars are due and if the voting is robust, new battles will go up 2 days later on Wednesday.

-I'm not that guy who @mentions or PM's you to get your attention, so be sure to check the league frequently for new batfles, deadlines, and news.

-You will get at least 2 mags. 1 summarizing the midpoint of the season and 1 at its conclusion. Other mags will pertain to the cypher events.
    GO FOR BROKE

IT'S MORPHING TIME!!!