User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Jus Ra (The Fraternity) - Bray Wyatt - Don't funk up our beats

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Jus Ra (The Fraternity) - Bray Wyatt - Don't funk up our beats

This is a local artist from Flint, Michigan. Wanted to see your guys opinions.

[youtube]zdOA5u4kfM4[/youtube]

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Re: Jus Ra (The Fraternity) - Bray Wyatt - Don't funk up our beats

I thought this was pretty tight.

Flow was cool, lyrics were cool. Nothing really bad about it. Beat kinda reminds me of dr. dre a little after the 2k era.

Ima listen to it again.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    7-1

To me he sounds like a battle rapper turned track maker. I tend to stray away from tracks where I can tell the sole purpose is to just impress with lyrics as lyrics don't impress me as much as crafting an interesting composition with different elements and layers and styles. Bars after bars are cool but I like when I hear them delivered in a unique style.

That said, there's nothing wrong with the track tbh. The beat does sound like some early Eminem type production where he would just put a bunch of bars on it so I'm gathering that was the original intent. It's a cool piece that would probably catch the attention of lyric gobblers but I would say he needs a little more charisma though I'm not sure how he would execute it, just something I gathered from hearing this about 4x now.
    @ILLunatic

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Poetically, nice lyrics, nice delivery of lyrics, nice flow and pace. All good.
    Musically, I want a twist or turn or change of direction, a bomb, something, just to bust up
    the mundane and predictable nature of the piece.
    Nice talent though.
    Just needs a Molotov for spark.

Edit:

I think I got it. I think I need a chorus. lol
    More song, less essay.
    50-55 was great. loved that touch.
    I think it's more about this feeling like a rant with music to me.
    I'm really impressed with the way he spat it, its full on.
    The guy's great. I don't hear him breathe. He's got it, and it's great writing no doubt.
    I like what I'm hearing, but I feel like I want to go to a catchy hook. Something. A chorus.
    Something familiar, to let me chill, from talented words, if you know what I mean, it can be
    hard work trying to keep up with the words lol.
    This guys great though. A natural.
    Last edited by Emily; October 24th, 2014 at 08:33 AM

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

I believe he's actually posted this track here before. Jus is dope... he's part of The Fraternity with Dope Antelope, Kue the Vandal, Sleep, Cocaine Chris, Loose Logic, Sleeps (Xavier), and a few others. A lot of those dudes have posted here before actually.

This was a dope entry though. He did really good in the competition if I remember right, too. Placed in the top 10. He's always got some dope bars and this track was no different. Definitely got that battle rap vibe to him. I like this one.