User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hightime Lowlifes EP

Hightime Lowlifes EP

Over the past summer myself (Saint C) and my fellow partner in crime 4N1 put together a Hip Hop EP that's around 15 minutes long. We're born and raised in Newfoundland, Canada and our Hip Hop scene is growing but needs more support. Quality rap music hardly gets recognized here and it can be discouraging with such a small local audience. That being said, any type of feedback or recognition is greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to return the favor.

Here's a youtube link to what would be considered the lead single:
    [YOUTUBE]-3axzQMvEmE[/YOUTUBE]
    4N1 raps first, I rap second.

stream it here:

or you can download the project in it's entirety from our bandcamp:
    https://saintc1.bandcamp.com

feed given:
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...by-MooN-ShynE)
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...1996-7-Slowing
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...Paul-Freestyle

Check us out on twitter
    @cwick709 @chinegro91
    Last edited by Zanny Willson; September 23rd, 2014 at 07:51 PM

[YOUTUBE]ZUxBQcdecuo[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW
    ATTENTION @PG,

This automated notification is a friendly reminder for you to provide (2) links to other member submissions that you left adequate feedback to. If you have already posted your links, disregard this notification.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Re: Hightime Lowlifes EP

The lryics are all good. i thought. IT kinds sounds like you might be reading off of paper.

Beats tight though.

I feel like this needs more emotion. also kinda ends abruptly with the raps in my room bit. Something about that doesnt seem right.

I think you should record this more times man. Cause i do like it. I think you also need a longer switch up on the flow. I liked the little switch in flow, but it wasnt long enough (the switch up) i thought you were going to do it longer but you switched back like straight away.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM WOTM

i wrote a piece to this same title back in the day..i wanna see if i can find it..hol up i'll place the link!
    INKorporated

Do it Ntalek. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by it's Moist View Post
    The lryics are all good. i thought. IT kinds sounds like you might be reading off of paper.

Beats tight though.

I feel like this needs more emotion. also kinda ends abruptly with the raps in my room bit. Something about that doesnt seem right.

I think you should record this more times man. Cause i do like it. I think you also need a longer switch up on the flow. I liked the little switch in flow, but it wasnt long enough (the switch up) i thought you were going to do it longer but you switched back like straight away.
    The first song is truthfully the oldest one off the tape. Haha ALOT more work was put in to the other tracks I just wanted Judge Judy to be an intro type a deal.

Thanks for the input though! I think I've improved a fair amount since I recorded that. I'm gonna add a youtube link to one of the newer songs to my original post I think.
    Last edited by Zanny Willson; September 23rd, 2014 at 07:50 PM

Battle Record
    7-1

yo @PG probably at the end of the week, I'll have the time to listen to the full project. You guys definitely (I say that a lot) keep pace with the track so that's cool. I would say as a lead single, it could be a bit too fast to get the attention of new listeners, maybe as a second or third single it would be more appropriate, but for someone new to listening, it does have a "wow" factor but it may be too much to take in and make them say "I want more" since it would be a task to process what you say in this one track.

Also in your mixing slap on a de-esser

Leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    yo @PG probably at the end of the week, I'll have the time to listen to the full project. You guys definitely (I say that a lot) keep pace with the track so that's cool. I would say as a lead single, it could be a bit too fast to get the attention of new listeners, maybe as a second or third single it would be more appropriate, but for someone new to listening, it does have a "wow" factor but it may be too much to take in and make them say "I want more" since it would be a task to process what you say in this one track.

Also in your mixing slap on a de-esser
    Thanks man appreciate the input as always. We made this EP as a practice run to test the waters but I think you're right about Equilibrium being too fast for new listeners. I've been sharing our bandcamp around more often and the first song that automatically plays is Judge Judy so maybe I should've chose that first track more wisely.