User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Scratching over the funk

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Scratching over the funk

Off my cassette. Just some late night scratching i had recorded. I'll probablky do thid again. Try plan out my scratches more. this is mostly frestyle. But i did record this song multiple times. this probablky the 3rd version..but was diggin this.

oh yeah the needle skipped off my ahh sample at the start. so disregard that, ha.

Song is RCAmusic. by rca. thats what the LP says. it was on some hits blitz 1986 vinyl.

[soundclick]12902728[/soundclick]

i also think my sound levels could be better. but it not bad.

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...rly-2013-Power
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...-Brock-Mixdown
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

Re: Scratching over the funk

hello.
    the scratching here is pretty good and balanced. I love the sound at that intro. what song is this.
    I really like those weird percussions on this.

Man your outro sucks. It would of been good if it didnt stopped that abruptly.
    Buy Rap Beats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    57-8

Quote Originally Posted by fo11 View Post
    hello.
    the scratching here is pretty good and balanced. I love the sound at that intro. what song is this.
    I really like those weird percussions on this.

Man your outro sucks. It would of been good if it didnt stopped that abruptly.

thanks man, yeah, it does fall off towards the end, theres no mixing done on the PC, so i probably could have faded it out a little. i need to play with the fresh sample more, also. I really like what i did with the AHH sample. Then it starts falling off (i like it but not as much as i like the start) when i run the rest of the fab 5 freadie sample.

this is done using the Scratch DJs bread n butter (AHH that stuff is really fresh) which is a sampl,e at the end of a fab five freadie song called "change the beat" The original sample on the song goes " ""change the beat" *BEEP* "Ahh that stuff is really fresh""

The voice sound like it done because of a device called a vocoder.,

but if thats not what you were asking, ha, the song is Pull up to the bumper by grace jones.

I must have read the LP sticker wrong, just checked the back of the sleeve and the song name was there. ITs not even done by RCAmusic, ha, thats the next song.

[youtube]Tc1IphRx1pk[/youtube]
    Last edited by Oxymoron; September 5th, 2014 at 09:51 AM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

This was on point for sure. It started rocky I felt but then it quickly just became nice all around. I enjoyed sitting back and listening to this one. Would be an easy jam to spit something over in a freestyle circle on stage or something. Nothing negative from me here. Peep the newest track I posted!

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

@it's Moist
    Sounds like you be gettin' in your zone man lol. This is a good party track. Makes me wanna soul clap right with it lol. You're improving quickly man. Keep at it.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

this scratching is dope... is this you? if so then GOD DAMN lets collabo on some shit dude. nothing fresher then someone who can cut some shit up! the rhythm you had going with the drums at about 50 secs is fresh as fuck. you go off at a 1:20 too man crazy dope shit... this is awesome man, keep doing your thing man cuz this is super fresh

Battle Record
    57-8

Quote Originally Posted by Scummy View Post
    this scratching is dope... is this you? if so then GOD DAMN lets collabo on some shit dude. nothing fresher then someone who can cut some shit up! the rhythm you had going with the drums at about 50 secs is fresh as fuck. you go off at a 1:20 too man crazy dope shit... this is awesome man, keep doing your thing man cuz this is super fresh
    Word! that would be awesome. I was starting to think there where hardly any cats interested in scratching, im no D-style, or xman, but im starting to throw down. My flares are starting to get there. I havent thrown any flares in my tracks, but i got some decent basics down, my flares n stabs n babys are starting to come together. The basics is all you need. But, yeah id love to do something sometime. If you got any ideas feel free to throw them my way and i'll see what i can do. Between scratching and my graphics. Im addicted to this shit, haha.

Good looks guyys, ima stick at it, i love these things.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Anything that has to do with old school, break beats and scratching I'm pretty much down for....scratches for the most part was on point....took me back....got that old school/disco feel to it lol....keep doing what you do...

Battle Record
    7-1

Oh look you got better, much better. uh yeah, break it down. spin those vinyls white boy, yeah get down with your bad self. Can I make requests on tracks you to scratch to? @it's Moist

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    57-8

@Pair-A-Dyce
    Haha yeah man.

that sounds like an all good idea.

Go for gold if ya'd like.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Put your sunglasses on! Mr. Write's Avatar
    Battle Record
    23-9

this shit is funky. I know absolutely nothing about scratching so I can't tell if on a dj scale this is like day 1 novice or the most amazing shit ever, because to me it all sounds like the most amazing shit ever. As far as i can tell, you're doing your thing on this. I really enjoyed just vibin to this and honestly i was pleasantly surprised. stick with it man!

Nice scratching.