User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: RD1. Joe Boston vs Day-Day (Joe Boston Wins)

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

RD1. Joe Boston vs Day-Day (Joe Boston Wins)

PLAYOFFS
    Round 1
    CHECK INS DUE WEDNESDAY 11:59PM EASTERN
    PUNCHES DUE FRIDAY 11:59PM EASTERN

Each participant is required to vote on a minimum of 4 Battles
    Failure to comply will result in vote deductions

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Re: RD1. Joe Boston vs Day-Day

Check gl man

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

@Day-day

He tries to paint that perfect picture and make it come to life anything that will thrill em
    So if he spends a Night at the Museum i just hope he kills himself like Robin Williams
    Last edited by Lamb Chawhp; August 11th, 2014 at 09:56 PM

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

@Day-day

This is due today.
    カミノコトバ

Young Simba
    Battle Record
    106-57
    Awards 100+ Wins LLL Season Champion 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion

Day Day was stretched, hence the infamous 3 line structure. Could've worded that better to make it read more smoothly. Your concept was ok, the marathon punches got played back during that time but your gunplay was ok. Nothing special, just ok. Joe had a Robin Williams punch, but was flipped differently than the other ones we've seen over the past few days. It was a solid hit and enough to take the win.

v/Joe

Battle Record
    2-2

This will probably go against the grain..but I'm really partial to 3 bar submissions do to the fact that u have a setup, a cliffhanger, and an execution all hitting in one fluid motion. I liked Joe's Robin Williams flip, opting to go with a different movie in his vast catalog. I thought they both had cool concepts. Joe really connected with his, while DayDay had a nice misdirection with an equally enjoyable concept. Tough battle to judge bc I can read Joe's as a line delivered with breath control and imagine him spitting it (VBL), DayDay's bar was something that I could envision myself spitting. 3 bars have always been frowned upon, but I've seen alot of dope material stem from them. My only grievance would probably be the idea of Boston giving a round of applause to the marathon bombing. Or should I say U giving Boston a round of applause for the marathon tragedy. Which could be a rib on running marathon's and disliking them or giving Boston kudos for the way they handled the situation.

It was that ambiguity that tripped me up. So even though I want to vote for DayDay's, I think that I'm going to go with Joe's.

v-Joe
    GO FOR BROKE

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

what people dont know
    is Joe was the 1st to use the punch on this concept - i was the 2nd. but due to his opponent not dropping and noone voting in my battle in FL. people would think it seems played out.... so i think this one will be judged unfairly as to why i dont get the played concepts part - he' hasn't been dead for long.. anyways. here we go
    Anyways here we go

i like day day just worded funny to me.. what i mean is
    why would you applaud joe for being a faggot? let alone the boston bombing? - sounds more like a compliment than insult

joe had a fresh concept - and it connected

if days concept would of hit like how i think he wanted to throw it may it have been close but i think it was one sided
    v/joe

Battle Record
    12-17

Re: RD1. Joe Boston vs Day-Day (Open for Votes)

V/Joe

He had a cool bar here even tho Robin Williams has been used a lot lately. The night at the museum was a different reference though. Day days was alright I've seen Boston marathon tragedy bars done better than this on him already, good attempt though.
    Boss up

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

day-day punch was stretched and had a played concept from way back. Joe's flip was current and set up dope too. good shyt joe.

v. joe

Battle Record
    12-3
    Awards Cypher Winner Golden Glove Champion GBL Champion LLL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion FL Champion

Day days bar was too wordy. I've seen a bunch of robin William bars already but ur flip was ight. Simply put you executed ur bar better than day.

V/ Joe

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Joe's just didn't come off properly to me... I get what he was going for with the perfect picture shit, but the actual punch just seems to be thrown in just to incorporate Robin Williams' death and a movie of his... Day's was choppy as well, but the set up and the punch went together much better... didn't come off as rhyming for the sake of rhyme...

vote Day Day

Battle Record
    124-23

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Ribin william bars got old for me, fast. But that was still pretty fresh. dad day came with an ok conceopt but executed it badly anf it just didnt do it for me. that 3 line thing means your bar is quite stretched. and you didnt use multis to make a stretched bar read better,

V.joe.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    124-23

7-1 in favor of Joe Boston, closed.

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    124-23

Re: RD1. Joe Boston vs Day-Day (Joe Boston Wins)

1 vote deducted from Joe Boston
    4 votes deducted from Day-Day

Joe Boston (6)
    Day-Day (-3)

Add & Follow

·