User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: but self destruction...

but self destruction...

Sometimes I think I'm withering, caving from stress. Lay me to rest where I can daydream make-believe myths. I'm waiting on something to change, please. Maybe, I guess. At work I'm angry biting my tongue, strangling my breath. A slave to reps. Waiting on a day to go fist to face and make them break their fucking neck. I'm angry because each check's just enough to save me from debt. It's my lucky day, baby you bet, because guess what? I got a delay on the rent. Waiting on more paper to print while shopping for bargain clothes. Some days are harder than most. Some days I think, why bother? I smoke to break the monotony, to cope. Until smoking becomes montonous. I'm broke. Locked in a bottomless hole that's waiting to swallow me whole. It'd be comical if the consequences weren't so ominous. A joke. Consciousness erodes when promises are spoke. The populace takes hold. They got me with hope. Documents unfold from amiable men promising new ways to save us again. I've got buckets of change, still nothing makes any sense. I took that to the bank, and they gave me a pen.

I've got no patience, shit, been drinking again. Vodka, oof, that pain going in. Swallow the craving with a cringe. Love it. Each day on a binge. Fuck, I'm crazy as shit. Lol at life. Lol at dreams. Lol at my mind taking control over me. Are we ever in control? Or was that a lie we've been told to believe? We just follow the zeitgeist in our prose when we speak. Most don't change. They don't know they're asleep. Criticize those who do to try and expose them as weak. Critics are everywhere. They want you prone on your knees to tell you what you're supposed to be. Lol at egos. Like they know how you feel. Change what you wrote. "Wow that's so ill!" I change every moment because I haven't found what appeals. I wrote poems. I've touted my skill. Sometimes it was nothing but randomness. I was clouded with pills, but still got props as a drug addict with no talent. Forreal. This is the realest thing I've ever wrote, and it'll still amount to nil.

Go to the mountains to chill. I see the strangeness of the world. It pains me to see it. God, war, poverty, I try to create it's meaning. Hoping if I can define it, I can make me believe it. Examine and dissect it. Write about it. Explain it in thesis. Tame it and seize it 'til the strangeness seizes. Spoiler alert! It doesn't work. It increases the pain. No appeasement. I'm estranged from friends and family because they can't handle me. I've had a hand in their agony. I turn my back on 'em. It's the only way to save them from tragedy. Give them a chance to live happily. See what they can be without me damning 'em callously. I throw my hands up, stand up, and dance off the balcony.
    Last edited by Zen the Dude; July 31st, 2014 at 01:56 AM

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW
    ATTENTION Zen the Dude,

This automated notification is a friendly reminder for you to provide (2) links to other member submissions that you left adequate feedback to.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:: Crazy Fresh :: Elvis Freshley's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-7

Re: but self destruction...

Man this was really really fucking good.

It's sad that it got slept on, I think that's probably due to the structure as it's written more like an essay than an open mic haha.

The flow was incredible throughout, without seeming forced. The message was awesome, and I think it described how a lot of people feel from time to time. I don't really like pieces that use large vocabularies just for the sake of doing so, which you didn't do. I appreciate that. But you did use words in very advanced/creative ways which helped you a ton. Like danced off the balcony. Strangling my breath. Things like that really painted your picture. "This is the realest thing I've ever wrote, and it'll still amount to nil." Beautiful man.

I enjoyed this a great deal, and I hope you find a way out of your own head sometime, although the selfish side of me wants you to stay there to produce more writing like this.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

Structure schmucture.

Half the guys here use 'structure' in the wrong context anyway.

LOL

This was illy, the paragraph format works for you, wording is always crisp and on point. "Some days are harder than most." was a dope singular standout IMHO. "Until smoking becomes monotonous" was real, too. I felt that.

Second verse seemed a lot more self-reflective, but raw. Definitely been times I've felt like that and could relate fully.

Third was nice, just felt the first two slightly more. You've been dope. Good to see you're still writing.

Keep that pen moving!

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Damn Zen, got busy and forgot. I'll get to this today.
    Last edited by Emily; August 4th, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Freshley View Post
    It's sad that it got slept on, I think that's probably due to the structure as it's written more like an essay than an open mic haha.
    I know what you mean, and sadly it's true.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Clean cut honest words from battlers to battlers. Raw in its daily grind and open like a book.
    Strugglers don’t need to hide a thing, its all on display, in the stress on their face, in the money that’s lacking in the wallet, in the pissed off attitude that comes when it's bill time, in the drugs and drink that are used to soften blows that knock them back down. But if you’re used to this way, then its just another day and another bitch fest. I love bitching about the banks. If I could click my fingers and be anything at all and get away with it, it would definitely be a bank robber. So when you’re talking about you taking your change to the bank, and they gave you a pen, I’m the one that would have loved to be able to shove it, fair up their ass. Not nice, I know.
    So, back onto this lol.That first stanza of yours Zen hits so close to home. I like the rhyme you have flowing through it, sometimes soft but still on par with the rhythm of the piece, and then some really great spot on, hard rhymes.
    It’s all good to have top flow and rhyme, but without substance of topic, of content, the connection from the reader doesn’t hit like it should. So for me, first and formost is always the msg conveyed. And your msg’s are down to earth, believable and could be said or thought by a number of us.
    You have a smooth ability to bring out the real and lace it with poetic devices along the way, and humor, making it enjoyable and entertaining to read.

Love this:

“… A slave to reps. Waiting on a day to go fist to face and make them break their fucking neck. I'm angry because each check's just enough to save me from debt. It's my lucky day, baby you bet, because guess what? I got a delay on the rent…”

And…can’t forget this doozy…

“…I've got buckets of change, still nothing makes any sense. I took that to the bank, and they gave me a pen…”

That second stanza too, has some top bars.

“…I've got no patience, shit, been drinking again. Vodka, oof, that pain going in. Swallow the craving with a cringe…”

“…Each day on a binge. Fuck, I'm crazy as shit. Lol at life. Lol at dreams. Lol at my mind taking control over me…”

“…. I wrote poems. I've touted my skill. Sometimes it was nothing but randomness. I was clouded with pills, but still got props as a drug addict with no talent. Forreal. This is the realest thing I've ever wrote, and it'll still amount to nil…”

Third stanza:

“…Hoping if I can define it, I can make me believe it. Examine and dissect it. Write about it. Explain it in thesis. Tame it and seize it 'til the strangeness seizes. Spoiler alert! It doesn't work…”
    “…. I'm estranged from friends and family because they can't handle me. I've had a hand in their agony…”
    “…It's the only way to save them from tragedy. Give them a chance to live happily. See what they can be without me damning 'em callously. I throw my hands up, stand up, and dance off the balcony…”

Zen, you have some really good bars in this piece. I’ve already talked about how much I love the ‘real’ approach, where we don’t know if it’s real or not but it sounds real, so good on you for that.
    Your rhymes are neat and tidy and even the soft rhymes fall well. The flow is cool.
    The theme is believable and to me, it’s all good.
    So I guess I have to say something negative too huh?
    Umm, I didn’t like how you didn’t bitch about the banks enough. Lol.
    There you go.
    Top stuff. I like your writing style Zen.
    Keep bringing it.

Cool read.

(Oh and btw, thank you so much for your feed on 'scum'. Appreciated Zen.)
    Last edited by Emily; August 6th, 2014 at 01:33 AM

Decent writing style present with no sense of decency when it comes to giving the reader simple aesthetic pleasantries; such as, structured bars and not junky paragraphs.

The only time I find paragraphs worth their presence is when they have indications of bars, i.e., slashes or some sort of dissecting symbol. Even though that is often the mark of an amateur lyricist, people of various lyrical stature do it. Even Jay-Z, if that speaks any volume.

The content itself is gravy though. Only because it is real. I like realistic writers that channel the voice. The voice can crack and reveal signs of deceit or boast a passionate roar. Thoughts can conjure lies in seconds. I like to see a voice when I read a verse.

Thanks for sharing this Zen. Good night.

I'M SO INDECENT CUZ NOONE KNOWS HOW TO READ PARAGRAPHS

FUCK ME RIGHT?

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM WOTM

this was ok in a wack way..your format was stretched like vanjas ass on a hosea day..w/o the smiley's...nice try though maybe talk about rainbows and add a few more periods in to progress your format nice try though..
    INKorporated

Hell yeah I'm doing that right now.

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM WOTM

nah but seriously this piece was hella good..from beginning to end..fuck the format because the flow was evident..everything was on point no need to name them..the overall concept was kinda played but well displayed..the idgaf format really took this piece somewhere else as far as the reading went..and the flow stayed consistant..i hate to say it to yo fag ass but i really enjoyed this piece as it's whole..and not the one in your ass..ha..but nah..your multi's internals, emotion, story telling factor was rite on par..i'd give you a -14 in the open..quite under par..good job...but nah 4real i liked this piece because of the realation to the regular man at a dead end job trying to survive aspect..all in all i'd give this shit an 8 outa 10...you had a few witty lines but most of it was straight foward...nice read and thanks for it fuck ass...
    INKorporated

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM WOTM

now can i get some at least decent feed bruh..

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...04#post8579904
    INKorporated

Whatever, Fuck You HighEngineChief's Avatar
    Battle Record
    15-6

Dopest piece on the front page. If it ain't nomd- Nom. If it is- Nomd. The God has spoken. All of you will now suck Zen's dick.

I like it's puts you in the reality aspect of life real issues