User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Review this review I wrote for a battle event we threw last night.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Review this review I wrote for a battle event we threw last night.

I wrote a review for a battle event we threw in my city last night when I got home. I wanna get more into doing it, so I wanna know what y'all think. What can I improve on? Did I give TOO much away? Or would you still wanna watch the battle even though I said who I think won? Etc.

Cut Throat Battle League Presents:BOILING POINT Review

Tonight was the 2nd event thrown by Cut Throat Battle League. To say the least, it was an interesting night. I showed up late because Fredie DaGod was running on light skinneded nigga time. So I missed the first battle between Kareem Boston and Skorp. I heard it was a good battle though, my bad on missing it y'all. I can't wait to see the footage.

I walked in during the 2nd round of Mic E Benson and Decryptid Scrypture's battle. Decryptid stumbled pretty much as soon as I got close enough to hear what he was saying. Struggled through the rest of his round and eventually called time. Benson came out swinging. Clean performance. Dope lines. Nice delivery. He gave his bars enough time to sit and get a reaction. Decryptid came back in the 3rd round and stumbled again. I give it to him for trying to get his verse off, but at this point nothing he said had any impact. You could tell by his body language he knew he lost. Mic E Benson came back in the 3rd round with another cleanly executed verse. If the first round was anything similar to what I seen when I walked in, Mic E got it 3-0. But based on what I seen, he wins 2-0 til I see the footage.

Up next was Wicked vs Motion. Man, this battle was an upset to me. It had potential to be a good match up, but both MCs had trouble getting their verse off. I was actually asked to judge this battle and the rest of the night. Though both MCs had slip ups in all 3 rounds, Motion won. He got more of his lines off and had the crowd reaction with what he did spit. I could hardly remember anything Wicked said because I was just standing there like "come on dog, just freestyle or something". There's nothing worse than just freezing up. Spit SOMETHING! When you stand there saying nothing, you give yourself absolutely NO chance to win. And this is where Motion proved to be the better MC in this match. Hands down, he stumbled, but he got bars off that landed. Motion 3-0.

Zay vs M.I. Da Don. Zay no showed.

MrKool Rob Sims vs Frizz was one of the match ups I was mostly looking forward to. I seen Koolaid in his debut and wanted to see his improvement. He told me I was gonna be proud and I was, you definitely stepped it up. With that said, Frizz proved to be the better rapper tonight. I gave the battle to him 2-1. I felt Koolaid had a strong first round, he had a solid performance all battle imo, not a loss to be mad at. But Frizz had the better performance and that made his bars stand out and hit harder.

Ivan Evans vs No Good I asked not to judge this battle because I didn't want anyone to think I was biased if I ended up voting for No Good because that's my dude. But I stand by my decision on this battle. It was a dope match up. i413 had dope delivery, flow, he was hitting with his swings, but the thing that stood out to me watching the battle were the cliche concepts and angles he used. They worked, but they don't hit as hard if I can think of a similar idea I heard before that. I ended up judging the battle 2-1. I gave i413 the first round because No Good stumbled. But round 2 and 3 I think No Good came back for blood. I hope nobody thinks I was biased on the judging. It was my first time judging a battle so I might not have got my words out right lol. But when you see the footage I think people will agree with what I said about No Good landing heavy hay makers with the right combination of delivery and the angles he took.

Marcellino John vs Q da General was the main event of the night. Q came out with a VICIOUS first round after Marcellino had a lack luster verse imo. Marcellino is my dude, we go back, but Q pulled your card first round homie. 2nd round Marcellino came out mentioning Q's brother after saying "I'm glad you said something about my parents so I don't feel bad about saying...." (not exactly those words) and then Q swung on him. What happened after that is Kermit the Frog's business. I'm not sure if there's any footage of what went down or not. But it was a bitch move on Q's part imo. This shit is hip hop. If you can't take someone getting personal on you, this shit ain't for you. Beside's Marcellino is small, that shit don't make you look "gangster". smh. On behalf of myself and the rest of CutThroat Battle League, thanks for fucking up a main event that had potential to be dope. I'm glad the venue owner was cool and understood that it wasn't "us" that popped that shit off and will still let us hold events at the spot. But he coulda potentially fucked that up. Word to any other battle leagues out there. Dude is dope, but it's not worth booking him and risking a chance to mess your event up if he choose to swing on someone else because he catch feelings again.

With that said, I'm already looking forward to the next event we put together. If you didn't make it out tonight, shame on you.

-Nahlidge
    www.rapbattles.com

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Re: Review this review I wrote for a battle event we threw last night.

Well done, the only thing I would say is shorten and simplify it to cater to the audience. I dare say this was a bit too well written for your target audience.

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Father View Post
    Well done, the only thing I would say is shorten and simplify it to cater to the audience. I dare say this was a bit too well written for your target audience.
    Lmao damn, you think so? And word. I was typing it while I was eating and tired as hell. And I ramble a lot in general so I dig what you mean about shorter and more simpler. Good looks.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1

Diz vs Math pt 2?

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    Diz vs Math pt 2?
    lol it was kinda, except the punch was so unexpected cuz Marcellino wasn't edging him on to fight or nothing, he just was hitting him back with a personal after being hit with one and other dude lost his cool. smh.

A.i

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

I read it. Nicely wrote.

also I made some speaker doodles ima ink up sometime soon. Get the graphics finished.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/