And appreciation is not who you are
    but what"
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW
    ATTENTION _Lyrics,

This automated notification is a friendly reminder for you to provide (2) links to other member submissions that you left adequate feedback to.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Re: Little snot

And the lesson is learnt, hopefully. lol
    Nice, Lyrics.
    lol @ the title btw.

When I read your work I look forward to that clean cut wording of yours.
    I like the fact that you don't overdose on rhymes, or vocab, or showy ways.
    And yet the msg is always crystal. The piece is refined. Polished and different to all other writers.
    Uniquely your own. And that's what I love about certain writers, they 'own' their style, and stay true to it.
    I'm sure that's not the only way you write. I'm sure you've got a million surprises up your sleeve, but when I see that style of yours, it's got your signature all over it.

"...A boy walks up with his mother
    Tugging on her blouse..." --- good imagery. reflecting the actions of little children, simply and believably.

"...And the misbehaving boy
    Reaches out in satisfaction

As the string touches
    his fidgeting fingertips..." --- helping the imagery with simple descriptions, giving us a HD view of his little hand.
    I especially like the part..."string touches his fidgeting fingertips" lol, yep, I can see it very clearly as if it's in slow-mo.

"The ballon bursts with a bang (balloon, typo, no biggie)
    Underneath is a whisper-------love this line.

"Importance is not what you have
    It's who
    And appreciation is not who you are
    but what"

How beautiful that it ended with this quote.
    I really appreciated the imagery in this piece, and the story line was as pure as a virgin island.

I think you are the zen master, and poetry is your carnival.

I like it a lot.

Nice style.

: )
    Last edited by Emily; July 14th, 2014 at 08:51 AM

I liked this, but, it kind of tailed off for me towards the end with your message. I was really enjoying the simplicity of the images and it seemed quite vivid for me, which is impressive considering the sparseness of the wording. Less is more, in this case. But I think that concept, 'less is more,' actually sort of affects this poem negatively.

Maybe it's just me, and I'm not dissing because I REALLY liked this poem....up until the last line of the 2nd last stanza. In my opinion, the addition of the actual MESSAGE itself, in quotations, detracts from the message, because it makes things too obvious and kind of pushes it in your face, if that makes sense. I feel like this would have been stronger if you just implied the ending, which you were already on the way to doing anyways. Like, if the kid's complaining for the balloon, and bugging his mom, and then he gets it and it explodes in his hands - the irony of that even already portrays the message, so there's no need to have it 'whispered.'

That's just my opinion though, and maybe something to think about, but otherwise, I really really liked this.

Battle Record
    64-44

I do agree that the irony portrays the message, but I'm sorry that actually projectinh the message defeated the purpose of the poem for you, most of my zen poetry doesn't have the message drawn out like this, but it is also meant for everyone, and I realize not everyone can draw those deep underlying messages with what I give. This is the purpose of the pop and the
    Thank you both for your feedback
    GreaterDesignGrowers.com

Im not a rapper, im a gardener

This was odd. The ending caught me totally off guard. The image of a balloon whispering words of wisdom.. is something.. unheard of.. to say the least, lol.

Young Simba
    Battle Record
    106-57
    Awards 100+ Wins LLL Season Champion 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion

I liked this. Great imagery, first off. From the opening like you painted a picture that's stayed in my head throughout the entire poem. The message that I got from it was good too. I haven't seen any other poems from you but I really enjoyed this read.