User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: To: Administration

Banned
    Battle Record
    4-7

To: Administration

There are some board features I think could help modernize and make more efficient RB.

Like/dislike buttons are a popular request
    Group tagging - for mods of leagues to tag their rosters in one go.
    Chat - I know we've discussed this, but I see it working elsewhere. I also understand the bandwidth this uses, however live cyphers and battles will cut freeposting and will increase activity. Just toy with the idea.
    Increase our PM limits. 60? Is 75 pushing it?

I'd submit anonymously to increase the chances of being heard unbiased, but I can't. So, consider this as a post by someone more respectable, please.

SiK

Re: To: Administration

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

We will look into it @Spartacus and see what we can do. I will however, increase the pm limit soon.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

I think I get like a 100 pm's as a mod and even that shit gets filled up quick with all the nudes I be getting.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Chat would be cool, however - for most Forum owners/admin team, their main concern is killing the activity in the forum. Chat's a good feature, tho. People would just sit in there all day and bullshit/loiter lol.

SiK

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Chat would be cool, however - for most Forum owners/admin team, their main concern is killing the activity in the forum. Chat's a good feature, tho. People would just sit in there all day and bullshit/loiter lol.
    People do that in the Lounge anyways

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

I think the chat would be good if you could restrict it to just cypher areas like the 1-2 punch area and the cypher forums.. would homepage it or anything. I personally hate chats, been on a few sites that had them and I couldn't keep up with any of the conversations at all.
    カミノコトバ

SiK

The problem is its goina be a few of the same people just trollin on it all the time so people who wanna holler at someone cant

What would be dope is if we could make a messenger on here like facebook has

Battle Record
    112-23

as good as an idea as it is.. people like Alpha would use it to ask for votes since I can't picture even admins being able to track it. Plus you can just go TO facebook or AIM type app to use that. I like it, but it would likely be at the bottom of the list imo.
    カミノコトバ

Banned
    Battle Record
    4-7

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    We will look into it @Spartacus and see what we can do. I will however, increase the pm limit soon.
    Then, I shall think of this as a small victory! #WinningALilBit

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Then, I shall think of this as a small victory! #WinningALilBit
    By the way I'm trying to increase the limit to 200 for PM's, but I keep getting an error message on the iPad. When I get to the desktop I'll get it done. Also, looking into the like/dislike feature

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    112-23

should be a simple tap on the admincp, 200 is a good number since they get filled quick, I have 500 (just checked) and it feels soooo goooooood!!
    カミノコトバ

Banned
    Battle Record
    4-7

@Amen - Idk if you've ever been to LB, I know PGraves has. Their chat used to be dope. Nothing but bars, kids are serious over there, and the live cyphers show true talent. Anyone can take 4 days to write ten lines, or take a few minutes to ponder a witty remark, but LB's chat was dope for that reason.
    @Wordz AhGod. - Shouldn't see TOO big a problem. There's, HONESTLY, only like 15-20 active ppl at any given time, and VB chats don't work well on phones, so there cuts that number further. And as for restricting it to a league such as 1-2 is counter productive, as I've only stated the pros of live battles and cyphers, never trolling, as the intent. And...sorry bouta the nudes, but my dick is valuable, wont you put my money where your mouth is? You don't even gotta do nothing, just hum me a tune.
    @SiK @SiK - As far as trollin and whatnot; this is dealt with simply. Nazi moderators. Ones who know the difference between casual conversation and clownin (which will be permitted) and TGF'n the joint up. And I've actually asked about the tech that FB uses for there live-post messenger. Apparently all it requires is a savvy fellow to do the coding. Dope idea, tho. Great minds, eh?

I've actually talked to a couple of college kids I do business with about developing a RB exclusive app that gives you cell updates for subscribed threads or forums, allows you to customize which subforums you veiwing to ease navigation for members who use only certain parts of the site, customized skin or veiwing colors, fonts, sizes etc., and integrated battle polls and such. The students said app development is easy to do, but expensive to commission.

But, there are plenty of options we have that will modernize and attract new members who don't currently use forums because the tech is outdated, or pace is too slow, or the navigation is too confusing or overwhelming to green boarders. Facebook has a plethora of highly active battling communities and I'm convinced its the speed of use (chat or messenger), ease of navigation (Facebook is extremely easy to use) and gratification of "notifications" (like/dislike button, which, scientifically is proven that the red indicator of a notification on FB activates the "reward center" of the brain).

Yea, you're not reading anyway...
    Last edited by Spartacus; June 19th, 2014 at 08:28 PM