Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Audio Battle League?

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

Audio Battle League?

Something different than VBL

if you need a mod - ill mod it - im good with forums, so i'll know what to do

but I want to start a song vs song style league...

I know there use to be one - but I want to try and get something like that going again..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Re: Audio Battle League?

I think you should be heading the ABL and the VBL. There's a mod currently for VBL but he's been fucking the place up.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

When we get a group of consistent audio heads posting songs, battling, etc; then we will have a league but not until then

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    When we get a group of consistent audio heads posting songs, battling, etc; then we will have a league but not until then
    I agree, its nice to have a dedicated mod but the audio community isn't putting in the activity to get this poppin.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Wordz AhGod. View Post
    I agree, its nice to have a dedicated mod but the audio community isn't putting in the activity to get this poppin.
    we got a few active heads wanting to do this...????

plus I can bring in another couple heads that would be active with this section...

i'll maintain the section to keep the other active mods/mins worry free.

look at it this way

you can't wait for something to happen - you have to start something first

I understand activity is low - but why not try to raise it, and if it fails
    try again -

You can't accomplish something with nothing... I'm not belittling anybody but I think
    if activity picks up in audio league (which will be song vs song - same beat - same topic)
    people will want more feed and there for
    dropping in feedback section in the appropriate audio section when battle is over.

Seriously though why sit and wait? --- there is already at least 8 heads interested.. including myself.

I've got the layout of how it will run (the majority of it)

me and if @Blackflags is down can work a set of rules.

Got to start somewhere even if its already failed once, you just can't give up like that - this site has been around to long to just throw in the towel and wait.

Battle Record
    124-23

Who threw in the towel @mic s ?

Right now , we are working (behind the scenes as you can not see) on ways to attract audio members in order to be able to host a league / tournament. Continuously setting up a league that is failing is not going to make things better, first we have to develop an attraction.

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

Who threw in the towel @mic s ?

Right now , we are working (behind the scenes as you can not see) on ways to attract audio members in order to be able to host a league / tournament. Continuously setting up a league that is failing is not going to make things better, first we have to develop an attraction.
    whatever you say. im doing it regardless with forum or not. I think it will run ok

I just don't want to go to a different forum and start song battling because it will take my activity away from here because I have time for 1 forum only - and not threatening I will leave - that is not the case
    what im saying is im an audio song person - I will find a way to get others involved regardless
    if I have your support or if I don't have your support

I was just hoping i'd get some kind of rope to start knotting up the staffs support.

^no disrespect intended

Battle Record
    0-1

This is nonsense....

JUST TRY IT!!

what are your admins/mods scared of? Too lazy for Creating and Deleting threads?

if nobody signs up then get rid of the idea.. all this blabber about no audio heads...lmao.. wtf you wanna be a text site all your life?? netcees?? ehh....

start taking sum risks!

and sorry for the explanation points...im not being rude, I'm just saying

Battle Record
    7-1

I will support you in the songs section. Just keep me posted on what/when you need it.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    I will support you in the songs section. Just keep me posted on what/when you need it.
    appreciate i plan on starting it after 4th of july weekend & thank you.

here basically is basic info of how im thinking
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...)-READ-FURTHER!

Mic. I have already tried with no success. People want to see prizes at the end of the season. I have not tried for a song league, but it pains me to say that most of the people that drop songs here, are just wanting to get opinion and exposure, and usually do not participate in the leagues. This was when I used to run it, so it could be different now. Get at me on Facebook and well arrange something. I'll be home at like 10 or 11 est.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Feel free to set up battles in the Songs forum for now. Just doesn't make sense to dedicate a whole forum to it if only a couple battles are gonna go down. I rather have all that in the songs so it has a better chance of being seen. We can give it a dedicated forum if it picks up though, that's not a problem. @mic s We only have a few audio members right now. Don't wanna spread them too thin throughout separate forums. That makes it harder for you guys to get feedback.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

I actually agree with Mic S. I'll be down to join the league.

Too many times we have been turned down from an audio/song league because 'lack of activity'. Although, I agree with the lack of activity I am also a strong believer in people who are dedicated to run it. Like Mic S said.. You can't start something from nothing and just expect a ton of audio heads to come flocking on this forum.

We are a dying breed. Apart from dropping songs once in a while what have audio heads got to do on this site?

You text heads have like 7 fucking leagues you can participate in. We have 1 and it's not necessarily an audio league.

No disrespect to @ILLunatic but, I've heard so many times "We are currently working behind the scenes to attract audio heads"... Then what are they? What is so important about it that you have to keep it a secret from the members who actually need to know before just giving up with the audio part on this site?

We are NEVER told what updates you are working on so we NEVER know where we stand.

I mean It's fine you tell us you are working behind the scenes and all that.. but a huge ass RB button was more of privilege to put on the sites homepage every time you enter the URL?

I'm not discrediting you from what you've done with the site, but as a member on here for over 6 years I'm entitled to say that the audio direction taken is horrible at the moment.
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Battle Record
    124-23

Quote Originally Posted by .Mimic View Post
    I actually agree with Mic S. I'll be down to join the league.

Too many times we have been turned down from an audio/song league because 'lack of activity'. Although, I agree with the lack of activity I am also a strong believer in people who are dedicated to run it. Like Mic S said.. You can't start something from nothing and just expect a ton of audio heads to come flocking on this forum.

We are a dying breed. Apart from dropping songs once in a while what have audio heads got to do on this site?

You text heads have like 7 fucking leagues you can participate in. We have 1 and it's not necessarily an audio league.

No disrespect to @ILLunatic but, I've heard so many times "We are currently working behind the scenes to attract audio heads"... Then what are they? What is so important about it that you have to keep it a secret from the members who actually need to know before just giving up with the audio part on this site?

We are NEVER told what updates you are working on so we NEVER know where we stand.

I mean It's fine you tell us you are working behind the scenes and all that.. but a huge ass RB button was more of privilege to put on the sites homepage every time you enter the URL?

I'm not discrediting you from what you've done with the site, but as a member on here for over 6 years I'm entitled to say that the audio direction taken is horrible at the moment.
    The. "RB" button is not the official homepage for one, that was just put up for now to get everyone familiar with not being directed to the forum from the main link. The real homepage is 90% done and we are working on one final piece to finish it. If we spent our time filling you guys in on everything we were doing, it would take away from what we are doing. Obviously as you can see with our affiliates sections, we are developing partnerships with other organizations that has significant potential to bring more artist here to live up the audio side. Hosting a league or a tournament for 4 people if we are lucky is not going to help us build the audio side, as everyone will just get sick of battling the same people over and over. An audio battle league takes more time and effort then VBL does. Anybody can record themselves from there phones for VBL, with ABL it's just not that easy.

Don't try to criticize us for doing everything we are for RB. What you don't realize is we have families to provide for Nd we're taking time away from our families for hours at a time to work on this site for you guys .

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

not to argue. but toss the we got families shit out the window

we all have families and we have to provide for them. we have to work together

not arguing you with the rest of the shit you said - but that excuse only goes so far... you have families so devoting YOUR HOURS doesn't make you sound selfish at all... we have families as well,

without either the staff or its members this site would be useless
    ^no pun intended

but im not even worried about it - i only made this as a suggestion and we got told to take it to the song section.
    im very ok with that but i doubt i get that far
    because as dedicated as i would be for the position, i also am disgusted with the amount of time your willing to explain to us why it is not a good idea then giving us a simple reason as to what we are waiting for... ooooh affiliates that attract live battles to get watched with chances of 5% or less of rb to be in those videos.
    all the audio heads that want to participate in this feel free to pm me. thanks

@Blackflags yeah bro just hit me up when u got time - im down to discuss some stuff