User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Audio Battle League?

Re: Audio Battle League?

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Father View Post
    I think you should be heading the ABL and the VBL. There's a mod currently for VBL but he's been fucking the place up.
    Bro, our league is popping, lol.......................

@Mimic. Your la familia, but I do have to back @ILLunatic on the behind the scenes shit. @Nahlidge and them are doing some maaaaaaaad work. I know this because Kareem brought me in knowing my intentions of helping and keeping it running once introduced. It will hopefully completely turn over a new leaf for the life and activity, AND the audio itself here. Be patien young padawa!

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

To keep it secret from members that have invested years into this site is complete bullshit though.

I think the members here deserve to know prior to the release. If we're not allowed a poll to vote what updates we want then it's the least we should be allowed.. To keep members up to date.

That's just what I think though.
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Bro, you get way too fucking emo sometimes man. We're not going to announce something that could be huge if it has a chance of falling through again. What would that do? Create a bigger hole. Think about it man.

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflags View Post
    Bro, you get way too fucking emo sometimes man. We're not going to announce something that could be huge if it has a chance of falling through again. What would that do? Create a bigger hole. Think about it man.
    Well if it has the chance of falling through and the tourny has a chance of falling through then what is difference between the two?

It just sometimes annoys me man that we never see anything for the audio side but everytime we ask we get the same answers...

Are we even allowed to know the update date?
    I make the type of pieces that make Jesus say God damn - Cole

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by mic s View Post
    not to argue. but toss the we got families shit out the window

we all have families and we have to provide for them. we have to work together

not arguing you with the rest of the shit you said - but that excuse only goes so far... you have families so devoting YOUR HOURS doesn't make you sound selfish at all... we have families as well,

without either the staff or its members this site would be useless
    ^no pun intended

but im not even worried about it - i only made this as a suggestion and we got told to take it to the song section.
    im very ok with that but i doubt i get that far
    because as dedicated as i would be for the position, i also am disgusted with the amount of time your willing to explain to us why it is not a good idea then giving us a simple reason as to what we are waiting for... ooooh affiliates that attract live battles to get watched with chances of 5% or less of rb to be in those videos.
    all the audio heads that want to participate in this feel free to pm me. thanks

@Blackflags yeah bro just hit me up when u got time - im down to discuss some stuff
    Actually, if ANYONE from RB wants to come battle in my league they can. Through linking up with a few people I actually got in a position to get behind an up and coming local league. And I extend an opening for that to anyone who wants to take it. You might have to travel because we're in Southern Mass, but if you're serious about wanting to actually be in a battle on video, hit me up.

ABL has been done. The reason VBL is rocking is because it's "new" compared to ABL. ABL is stale here, we need to re-invent it. And as a few people said, trying to run it for the couple of people who want it isn't going to get us anywhere. I tried running it with about 10 starting members when I had it going and people were already gonna be battling the same core members because for everyone that signed up, someone no showed or left. Honestly, it would be you vs Mimic every week. Y'all complain about not having something to do on the site, but we give you a place to battle if y'all want to. If y'all want a bigger more recognized league/event. Put in the work to get people here battling to show us that there's interest in it. Because the last time I heard an audio battle was the last time ABL was up. VBL is WAY easier to show for than ABL and as dope as that league idea is, it's still not as big as it can be. It's not as simple as throwing up a forum and it getting popping. We need to get the members here first.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by .Mimic View Post
    Well if it has the chance of falling through and the tourny has a chance of falling through then what is difference between the two?

It just sometimes annoys me man that we never see anything for the audio side but everytime we ask we get the same answers...

Are we even allowed to know the update date?
    Updates are happening consistently. Have you checked out the RB affiliates? Or Cypher Central and Battle Video Vault? Cyphers and leagues that we're affiliated with have battles and cyphers on here and not even half of the core member base has checked them out. This is where forum heads are selfish as hell imo, they want a forum that's everything they want it to be, but don't support the forum. We're in a new age, just logging in and saying we need more stuff for audio heads isn't support. Go watch a cypher or a battle. That's something "audio-ey". Peep the battles. That's "audio-ey", and it would also help the site. Because the more beneficial we show these people that we can be (via views/comments/etc on their videos) the more people we'll be able to link up with. But nah, most of the activity here gravitates toward the lounge. There's prolly a bunch of songs you haven't commented on in the songs forum. Why not comment on them to show members that it's beneficial to post songs on here because they'll actually get feedback? Y'all wanna be quick to say "I'll mod the league if none of you want to and get it popping", but do y'all know the effort that goes into it? Have you ran a league before? Consistently? Do you have a prize package to offer for the winner/champ? Logos for it. A mag layout idea? Etc. All of that is important. And even with all of that, you still need the contestants. How many do we have right now? maybe 5? 6? That's not enough, what if 2 of them no show? That's 4. And we're back to square one again.

And about wanting to know about site updates, we ask you guys what Y'ALL want. So the updates we do, y'all usually already know about, without really knowing. Because in the end, we listen to y'all and make our gameplan based on that because you members are the life of the site. Instead of complaining and saying "we're going to make this happen", because it won't, why not partake in stuff that will help us get to that point? Me and @Blackflags TRIED for a while. There's no where near enough interest for ABL right now.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by .Mimic View Post
    To keep it secret from members that have invested years into this site is complete bullshit though.

I think the members here deserve to know prior to the release. If we're not allowed a poll to vote what updates we want then it's the least we should be allowed.. To keep members up to date.

That's just what I think though.
    Not trying to be a dick but you obviously have no business sense. When you're trying to make big changes, it takes time. Getting people pumped up at the very beginning, you are setting yourself up to fail. When people hear new ideas, they get so pumped up about it and then they get frustrated when it doesn't happen right away. This shit takes time.

The members will know prior to the release, but not until we are ready to have it launched.

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but you obviously have no business sense. When you're trying to make big changes, it takes time. Getting people pumped up at the very beginning, you are setting yourself up to fail. When people hear new ideas, they get so pumped up about it and then they get frustrated when it doesn't happen right away. This shit takes time.

The members will know prior to the release, but not until we are ready to have it launched.
    Not that it should be open business, but just to push this point even further. A few words have been exchanged behind the scenes between mods because stuff that even we're excited about is taking a while to be done. Imagine a whole board full of members. That on top of the stress of us trying to get it done while just dealing with it as a staff team would make it harder with all the tags, PMs, threads about "you said this was gonna happen" or "you said that was gonna happen".

A.i

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

It's True. Misadvertising leads to high expectations that you may not be able to match. You will gain more interest once it's up then if you advertise it with no due date. Just let them do their thing in the background homie, it'll happen, rather wait till they get it right then end up with some trash that constantly needs fixing.
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

maybe instead of this back n forth stuff i should of asked earlier, do you guys need a hand, i can help

seems more logical than going back n forth

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by mic s View Post
    maybe instead of this back n forth stuff i should of asked earlier, do you guys need a hand, i can help

seems more logical than going back n forth
    Honestly I think you have a dope idea with the BluntBuzz mag. Get that popping and make it a staple for the site. I think that would help out a lot. Right now we need members. Once we get people to participate in stuff we'll be good. We have the staff team already.

A.i

^ Agreed. The BluntBuzz is something that will really pop. @mic s I am more than willing to help you out, especially with nifty video editing. Get at me on FB and let's discuss it. We can even skype one day about it.

Battle Record
    9-18
    Awards VBL Champion

word.