Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New video I directed for Dro Casso

You've Earned a Custom Title!

New video I directed for Dro Casso

New video I directed for Dro Casso

[url]http://youtu.be/qjD0BxRq4uc[/url]

Check out the new video for "U Already" single by Boston artist Dro Casso
    Beat Making Videos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

Re: New video I directed for Dro Casso

1) ugliest group of people Ive ever seen gathered in one place
    2) beat was good, dude rapping and hook weren't so good (don't want to trash talk so I'll leave it at that)
    3) production on the audio recording side could use some major work on the clarity side of his voice, its too muffled at times.

Video production point of view
    1) Some shots had too much over exposure and it just killed the shot
    2) instagram style filters on videos make them seem cheap on some shots.
    3) shot where they were sitting on the bleachers looks photoshopped, bad angle.. too much empty space and not enough going on.. doesn't help that there was a small break in the audio where nothing important was going on there so it felt bland.
    4) The camera shots were way too perfect, Its ok to take the camera off the tripod and move it around. In a tv show or movie you probably want to limit this but for a music video, you want to use this to add dramatization to the mood thats being tossed out by the artist and his song.
    5) work on transitioning scenes better. Scene one part where the transition was a fade into one scene which almost immediately faded back into another scene.
    6) better location choices, I understand there is a budget and you record where you can.. but you should think that out before just clicking the record button cos the beat was pretty clubish type joint but I just saw them in weird ass places that basically made it so there was no point in even making a video in the first place. I lacked a mood, people were dancing off beat, some people weren't even into it as if they couldn't hear the beat at all. That shit kills the vibe.
    カミノコトバ

IAM Instrumental FrankieHollywood's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

Living in Boston for the past 10 years and producing for the past 4.... this has Boston all over it. lol.

What i mean by that is:
    Its average at best as far as a song is concerned. Ive learned being from Florida, and living in 4 states across this country that Boston is the weakest of all. lol. But this is still alright... for Boston standards. Dude might wana think about hitting puberty before rapping next time. lol. he is missing that gritty sound in his voice for all that "bang bang" talk....

As for your direting of this video...
    It wasnt bad... but kind of like what Words said... it was too "clean" framed for the mood n sound of the beat n song. The beat and lyrics did give off a tougher vibe than the shots or his voice were able to match. Being in Boston i can understand the lack of locations, so im not going to rate you on that, although I know a couple of spots off the top of my head that would have made this seem way better (Top of World Trade at night, looking down into the city.. free to the public). Dont be afraid to get shots into your videos without any artists in them.
    Artist and extras:
    YOU are the director... make these dudes get up and look interested on the camera. Otherwise... it makes the whole shoot look lazy. I had this talk with one of my close friends not too long ago. its a VIDEO... the excitement has to be SEEN as well as heard.

Overall:
    Your usage of filters was average... a little cookie cutter though, but for what you were working with id say you did a 5/10 job on this. coulve been WAYYYYY better, but coulve been WAYYYY worse. lol. keep at it though... you'll get there bruh.
    Do audio?? Need a beat?? Get at me!

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

I get the feeling he didn't give a shit about the feedback, he just wanted to get the views. smh..
    カミノコトバ