User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: The Wolves of Velvet Fortune

You've Earned a Custom Title! doctorJ82's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

Re: The Wolves of Velvet Fortune

Hrrrrmmmm, another great showing of complex heavy mental from you that's pretty well-executed @Professor Frost .

Alot has been said, that I agree with, so I won't bore yall with too many repeats... I'll just give over some outside analysis. I'll definitely prop on immaculate vocab & word-choice; that's something I'm coming to expect in all your posts now. Strangely, I actually really liked the complex simplicity of the "Hook", as I feel like it tied your theme together very nicely, it was comforting in all the heavy depth & vocabulary. The vast imagery & little ironies throughout is what I think succeeds MOST in this piece, and the fact that I think some people still missed some, lol - (the sniper Pinocchio, reuse unproven theories, physical raptures, signatures of synergies, etc) I felt were all used beautifully.

Only knit-pick I have (if I wanted to have one)... was the flow/delivery decreased in BOTH verses as they progressed. Standing back and looking at it, you can visually see the bar lengths get longer, and more wordy. So my tiny tip would be to control that a little better in the future. BUT - I personally don't have much else to gripe about here, as I think it's great "text" how it is, and as I do believe it deserves the hype that it's getting.

My personal issue is more of simply a matter of tastes of how drown out the concept was. I'd never say it was "boring", but personally it did get dense and drag on for me a bit. I sorta somewhat agree with @Genocide , in that it felt like you were subtly forcing use to read a school paragraph. Wasn't a bad paragraph, so I'm happy I read it, but something was missing via the performance aspect of it. Obviously something like this I wouldn't say add humor to, because of it's serious topic, BUT maybe condensing it would've made it more concise and reader-friendly.

**I handle copyright coordination for my internship at a label (Epic), and my previous internship (Sony)... and one thing (regarding song-writers, co-writers & ghostwriters) that I enjoyed more there than Epic, was a training method called "Double Standard". I've followed it ever since in MY OWN writing. Everyone writes filler from time to time - so it's basically the practice of giving yourself more quality to pick from --- if you're asked to writing a 16-bar verse (16 lines so no one gets mad at me, lol), you write double (around 32-lines), and then begin condensing and eliminating the fluff & filler, keeping the stronger material. Many of the early things I've posted here, that you've raved about, follow this practice, so you can see how focused the results can be.** Hope that helps you out homie!

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Damnnnnnn, 1k hits. I feel like a mediocre Youtuber now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by doctorJ82 View Post
    Hrrrrmmmm, another great showing of complex heavy mental from you that's pretty well-executed @Professor Frost .

Alot has been said, that I agree with, so I won't bore yall with too many repeats... I'll just give over some outside analysis. I'll definitely prop on immaculate vocab & word-choice; that's something I'm coming to expect in all your posts now. Strangely, I actually really liked the complex simplicity of the "Hook", as I feel like it tied your theme together very nicely, it was comforting in all the heavy depth & vocabulary. The vast imagery & little ironies throughout is what I think succeeds MOST in this piece, and the fact that I think some people still missed some, lol - (the sniper Pinocchio, reuse unproven theories, physical raptures, signatures of synergies, etc) I felt were all used beautifully.

Only knit-pick I have (if I wanted to have one)... was the flow/delivery decreased in BOTH verses as they progressed. Standing back and looking at it, you can visually see the bar lengths get longer, and more wordy. So my tiny tip would be to control that a little better in the future. BUT - I personally don't have much else to gripe about here, as I think it's great "text" how it is, and as I do believe it deserves the hype that it's getting.

My personal issue is more of simply a matter of tastes of how drown out the concept was. I'd never say it was "boring", but personally it did get dense and drag on for me a bit. I sorta somewhat agree with @Genocide , in that it felt like you were subtly forcing use to read a school paragraph. Wasn't a bad paragraph, so I'm happy I read it, but something was missing via the performance aspect of it. Obviously something like this I wouldn't say add humor to, because of it's serious topic, BUT maybe condensing it would've made it more concise and reader-friendly.

**I handle copyright coordination for my internship at a label (Epic), and my previous internship (Sony)... and one thing (regarding song-writers, co-writers & ghostwriters) that I enjoyed more there than Epic, was a training method called "Double Standard". I've followed it ever since in MY OWN writing. Everyone writes filler from time to time - so it's basically the practice of giving yourself more quality to pick from --- if you're asked to writing a 16-bar verse (16 lines so no one gets mad at me, lol), you write double (around 32-lines), and then begin condensing and eliminating the fluff & filler, keeping the stronger material. Many of the early things I've posted here, that you've raved about, follow this practice, so you can see how focused the results can be.** Hope that helps you out homie!
    Yo, thank you immensely for your wonderful feed dude. I forgot to thank you for the time you took out to give me an abundance of fruitful & informative advice. I'm definitely incorporating everything you said to me & planning some new verses that have this same sort of artistic value. I'm just waiting on the moment to bring it.

Thanks, once again. I'll show you the bi-product of your words & bring justice to them. Just wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Lmao really?

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    Lmao really?
    Yasssssssssssssssss Lmfao

-Grim Reaper of OM- Resurrecting flow since '44.

Battle Record
    0-2

This was fucking stunning dude

*will come back with feed, after I reread it...

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by Copycat View Post
    This was fucking stunning dude

*will come back with feed, after I reread it...
    get it get it get it get it

ayyyyyeeee

Thank you, my good friend.

Awards SS HOF SS HW Champion SS Season Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member OM HOF

it was pretty good man. i will say that. i almost want to avoid posting in here so you can let this fucking die.

you have enough feedback on this single verse. more than most get on any of theirs. is there nothing more to say? its cringe inducing but also oddly awe inspiring to see you promote so shamelessly a work that is ancient, dead and buried by our standards. and has been for a while.

if you write something new and post it within the next few days i will leave extensive comments on it.
    I'm here to break my own ball and chain..

Battle Record
    91-46

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
    it was pretty good man. i will say that. i almost want to avoid posting in here so you can let this fucking die.

you have enough feedback on this single verse. more than most get on any of theirs. is there nothing more to say? its cringe inducing but also oddly awe inspiring to see you promote so shamelessly a work that is ancient, dead and buried by our standards. and has been for a while.

if you write something new and post it within the next few days i will leave extensive comments on it.
    Works like a charm~

But ty, tyvm