User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Do you think technology is making us dumber?

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Do you think technology is making us dumber?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Iscariot View Post
    It's sort of like public schools grading system, someone knowledgeable of the curriculum will tend to get higher grades than someone who is not, but that doesn't mean a kid with an F is less intellectual than a kid with an A.
    you're speaking on the difference between knowledge and intelligence...
    only dipshits mistake the two... for instance a lot of people think an IQ test score relies on knowledge...but it doesnt...it measures your capacity to learn, and the speed at which you do so...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

True that lol. I just feel like Were reverse engineering ourselves mentally, It is true there are still innovative thinkers but i feel like we are beginning to see less of them. The idiots are reproducing way faster than the people with actual intelligence. I could just seeing Intellect dying out in the long run and I could see technology being one of the many vehicles of that demise. But I appreciate your side of the argument, sincerely I hope you're correct and we aren't thinking less and becoming dumber.

AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awards SOTW

Problem solving has become almost non-existent with the technology available. I don't think we are getting dumber, we just rely on it to do all the work for us.

lulz @ giving effort for knowledge

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Iscariot View Post
    True that lol. I just feel like Were reverse engineering ourselves mentally, It is true there are still innovative thinkers but i feel like we are beginning to see less of them. The idiots are reproducing way faster than the people with actual intelligence. I could just seeing Intellect dying out in the long run and I could see technology being one of the many vehicles of that demise. But I appreciate your side of the argument, sincerely I hope you're correct and we aren't thinking less and becoming dumber.
    nah nah...i wasnt disagreeing with you..

people ARE getting dumber...extremely....
    but theres still people out there who arent....people who run this technology instead of letting the technology run them...

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

people are going to be dumb or smart, depending on them, not on technology.

my smart phone is lovely, if anything it allows to actually farther my knowledge, e books at fingertips, anything i wanna research i can on the fly anytime thanks to my phone. it's up to me to retain what i learn or read.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

I don't think it's technology, I think it's what we're being taught to do with it. If you teach a toddler how to find a netflix movie on a tablet instead of some learning games, then who's fault is that? Not technology's. I mean now more then ever though I think are the most developers/designers/coders out there though. Because the knowledge of stuff is so easily accessible. Some people googled tits while others googled html. I admit to being someone who would rather spend down time on facebook than trying to do or learn something productive, but I've been tryna change that. It's just hard kicking habits lol.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    0-1

Instead of looking at intelligence, look at effort. Whether it's working for new found knowledge, or working in terms of labor, the "work" part is what we're really getting worse at.

So, I wouldn't say we're getting dumber. We're getting lazy. That might not be a bad thing though. Technology was made so we can be more efficient, and so we can put in less effort and have equal or greater output returns. I'm just waiting until we're so efficient, 90% of people are out of work. Then we can have mass worldwide revolutions over economical crashes. Fuck yea.

We getting lazy yo. Dumber? na niggas is still smart as hell.

You've Earned a Custom Title! S0lace's Avatar

I think we are reaching the inevitable shift in human evolution. Eventually technology and humans will integrate into one being. You may call it stupidity because we won't be relying so much on our physical brain anymore, but the sheer amount of information we will be able to store and recall at a moment's notice will be amazing, and the mechanics behind it will be far from dumb. Wouldn't you like to have a world's worth of information in your brain for automatic recall? Wouldn't you like to be able to relive memories in vivid detail? As long as we keep our imaginations, emotions, and will to create and explore, I do not believe technology will make us dumber. If anything it is the next step in humanity.

Battle Record
    9-15

i think the opposite. it's making people too smart
    "Chrome 4 5 singin cuz they still snitchin
    Pools in da livin room, swim to the kitchen"