User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kaotica Eyeball?

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Kaotica Eyeball?

http://kaoticaeyeball.com/buy-kaotica-eyeball.html

Has anybody heard of or seen this yet? I read a review on it and it got a good rating so I wanted to check it out. Looks like it's getting better reviews than reflexion filters. And I believe it's around the same price.

@Blackflags I know you have reflexion filter, you might like the idea of this.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Re: Kaotica Eyeball?

Honestly, I stopped using mine. It's better to sound treat the environment you are in instead of directly doing it to your microphone. Ask Ope. He told me one of his engineer friends noticed the muddiness that the reflexion filter added. I stopped using mine and achieved better results. But, it always matters what type of environment you have to work with. If you're in an empty space, a reflexion filter or something to help deaden the ambience is ideal IMO. But, to each his own.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflags View Post
    Honestly, I stopped using mine. It's better to sound treat the environment you are in instead of directly doing it to your microphone. Ask Ope. He told me one of his engineer friends noticed the muddiness that the reflexion filter added. I stopped using mine and achieved better results. But, it always matters what type of environment you have to work with. If you're in an empty space, a reflexion filter or something to help deaden the ambience is ideal IMO. But, to each his own.
    Word. But for people like me (recording in my living room) it's hard to sound treat the area and keep it looking like a living room. Do you have a booth now? Or do you just record in the open space, but it's sound treated? I've heard crystal clear vocals from a mic that was in the middle of a sound treated room before. It makes a hell of a difference. Sounded better than some vocal booth recordings I've heard tbh lol. How much did you spend on the sound treating and what exactly did you do?

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Right now I'm still having to use my reflection filter, because I don't have an extra room where I can sound treat it. That looks like it will serve a better purpose than a filter, because it's protecting it at 360 degrees, as opposed to just behind and on the sides, like a filter. I'll look into these, but I think it's a pretty cool invention that would definitely serve it's purpose. It does concern me, however, that it will be like the port-a-box and completely deaden vocals. It made mine sound like they were in a box. I would YouTube it and see if they have video demonstrations showing the use of the product.