Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16
Showing results 226 to 235 of 235

Thread: do you think there legit proof of god

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Re: do you think there legit proof of god

lmao, americans....

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    because as a whole, we do not know...

im on the same side of the fence as you...my logic says to me that a god does NOT exist...but on the same note, my logic also says to me, that we as humans dont know enough about anything really, to say a god or creator does not exist... thats why i dont call myself an atheist... because i feel theres a chance that a god DOES exist...

there is no way to prove one or the other....

an atheist asks a religious person to prove god does exist... they cannot...
    a religious person asks an atheist to prove god does not exist... they cannot...

ur an atheist.

atheism is the lack of belief. not to be confused with, believing there is no god. very common misinterpretation.

same goes for anyone claiming to be agnostic. agnosticism is not an alternate choice to theism or atheism, u can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist, but it isn't its own thing. all agnostic means is that u acknowledge that neither side can be proven definitively, which is a characteristic shared by theists and atheists alike. just basically means u acknowledge reality lol.

generally people claiming to be just agnostic are atheists who don't understand the terminology.
    Last edited by King; June 26th, 2014 at 01:26 PM
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

I have one question. Why the FUCK, would an omnipotent creator, create an entire galaxy (let alone universe) for his chosen children to inhabit only 0.0000000000000000000015% of its area for only 0.000004% of its history?

I dunno, for me logic takes away any possibilities of a god. I can say without a doubt he does not exist.

Back in the day before corruption was channeled thru religion, people had an understanding of nature and used concepts such as god, to act as a metaphor.

Yeah, he doesn't exist.

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    Back in the day before corruption was channeled thru religion
    I'm not sure that day ever happened. As far as I can tell, religion has ALWAYS been used for power over man. Is there any documented evidence of a time when religion existed without it's holy men having power over others?

I think most theistic traditions have a great range of relevant moral virtues underpinning their theoretical foundations. That is to say, the theory behind the religions is good. But in application, they come down to two overall practices:

"Don't worry about death, I can guarantee your safety - if you do everything I say.", and
    "Oh, you did [insert act here]? That's BAD. You're BAD. I won't guarantee your safety after death unless you do everything I say."

Fortunately for Churches, "everything I say" usually involves some sort of fiscal donation.

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Purpose View Post
    I'm not sure that day ever happened. As far as I can tell, religion has ALWAYS been used for power over man. Is there any documented evidence of a time when religion existed without it's holy men having power over others?

I think most theistic traditions have a great range of relevant moral virtues underpinning their theoretical foundations. That is to say, the theory behind the religions is good. But in application, they come down to two overall practices:

"Don't worry about death, I can guarantee your safety - if you do everything I say.", and
    "Oh, you did [insert act here]? That's BAD. You're BAD. I won't guarantee your safety after death unless you do everything I say."

Fortunately for Churches, "everything I say" usually involves some sort of fiscal donation.
    I should have left out the word religion. Everything else is true sorry on phone no time for debate

Battle Record
    12-17

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    ur an atheist.

atheism is the lack of belief. not to be confused with, believing there is no god. very common misinterpretation.

same goes for anyone claiming to be agnostic. agnosticism is not an alternate choice to theism or atheism, u can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist, but it isn't its own thing. all agnostic means is that u acknowledge that neither side can be proven definitively, which is a characteristic shared by theists and atheists alike. just basically means u acknowledge reality lol.

generally people claiming to be just agnostic are atheists who don't understand the terminology.
    So agnostics acknowledge there could be or couldn't be a God, whereas atheists only say there couldn't be. So that's a difference riight
    Boss up

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Rilla View Post
    So agnostics acknowledge there could be or couldn't be a God, whereas atheists only say there couldn't be. So that's a difference riight

if ur agnostic, u dont think that theres any proof for either side. u acknowledge theres no proof of god, and theres no proof against god.

but that isn't a stance by itself, that applies to both athiests AND theists. someone who completely believes in a god can be agnostic, which would be the same as saying "i believe in god, but i know theres no proof".

its all about belief. if u have no belief, and make no assumption as to whether theres a god or not, u r an atheist. u r ALSO agnostic.
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    12-17

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    if ur agnostic, u dont think that theres any proof for either side. u acknowledge theres no proof of god, and theres no proof against god.

but that isn't a stance by itself, that applies to both athiests AND theists. someone who completely believes in a god can be agnostic, which would be the same as saying "i believe in god, but i know theres no proof".

its all about belief. if u have no belief, and make no assumption as to whether theres a god or not, u r an atheist. u r ALSO agnostic.
    Word so wut r u
    Boss up

Battle Record
    64-17

agnostic atheist.

imo theres absolutely no logic in believing in any religion. they are all equally ridiculous, and have no basis in reality. i dont think u really have to look any further than how many different religions there are/have been. 1000s of years ago people believed in Zues with every fiber of their being, willing to die for him, JUST like modern day christians/muslims/jews etc would die for their god. but today people laugh at that like "of course theres no such thing as Zues" while worshiping their own crazy version of a god and pretending people in another 1000 years wont look back at Jesus in the same light. the irony is just incredible lol they are all just passing fads and eventually they'll be gone forever...unfortunately it might be a while though and in the meantime many people will die.

and i know it cant be proven either way, just like u cant disprove that the easter bunny exists, so i'm considered agnostic as well. imo u'd have to be a god damn moron to not be agnostic towards the existence of god, even if u believe in one.
    Last edited by King; June 28th, 2014 at 02:11 PM
    The Last Level

Yummy For My Tummy The Great Mother's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Father View Post
    All of the proof can be found... in my existence, for I am The Great Father.
    YOU WILL BURN IN THE ABYSS OF HELL FOR WHAT YOU DID TO OUR CHILDREN. LUCIFER WILL MAKE YOU WEAR SOCKS! I KNOW HOW YOU HATE SOCKS!!!!!!!!

ALWAYS GRINDING YOUR NASTY FEET ON MY SOFA SAYING, WHAT WAS IT?!?!?!?!

FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA?!?!?!?!

OH MY FORGIVE ME MY LORD, FOR I HAVE SINNED.
    TGF ABUSES CHILDREN!

THIS IS MY NEW FAMILY!!!!!! <3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.