User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: My entry for FV's Don't Fu[$]k Up Our Beats Contest VI

You've Earned a Custom Title! Ace the Prophet's Avatar

My entry for FV's Don't Fu[$]k Up Our Beats Contest VI

My entry for this year's contest. Looking for feedback obviously. Links will be edited in

[youtube]-U3ZOxkDkp0[/youtube]

links: http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...822/index.html
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...047/index.html
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    |
    |
    |

...Alllrrreeaaddyy... YungDosia's Avatar
    Battle Record
    59-35
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: My entry for FV's Don't Fu[$]k Up Our Beats Contest VI

the video quality aint up to par.. but on the song note i like your voice and the lyrics are good flow is okay as well.. overall it was a good song/video and good luck on ya contest entry.
    Krewcial Records x Manifest Dynasty
    Facebook: facebook.com/dosia805
    Twitter: @dosia805
    Instagram: @dosia805

"Lord You Know" ft J Hanlon FIRST SINGLE OFF DOSIA UPCOMING ALBUM
    [YOUTUBE]fZ8YYmc7gYc[/YOUTUBE]

Good looks man! I appreciate it and thanks! Already got you back

Uppin!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Battle Record
    21-6

You remind me of BEastie Boys.

Not my style...but you got nice cool flow..
    [/url]

Good looks man! About to hit yours up now.

Uppin
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Battle Record
    7-1

Song is cool, video is very basic, could do without the car shots and maybe have tried a different spot, maybe have found 2-3 more locations to give you more variety in your edit.

Leave me alone

^I hear ya! Good looks, man

Uppin this!
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

I really dug this. Flow is pretty much impeccable, solid lyrics, you took that beat for a ride. Not much critique from me. Paradise was right about the locations and editing aspects. Good shit man, didn't really check out any other entries but I think this is a solid piece and puts you in with the top contenders for sure. Props.

I sell greatbeats4cheap TechOmega's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Like the attempt at the video. You just need to invest in a better quality camera, but the attempt is cool because it adds a visual aspect to your music. Even if the video is unpolished it's a video and the ideology behind it was a great attempt. Just read and learn more because truth be told you could do a video (with good quality) from an iphone 5S. I'm going to attempt to do a video on a 5S sometime and have my man edit it.

Song wise it was cool. Good flow lyrics etc and you def brought the beat justice. Good work on music. Just improve on the video aspect.
    Follow Me

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Did you do the video by yourself? Not hating, but it kinda looks like you did. And if that's the case, props on that because I've seen A LOT worse videos. And if this was filmed, edited and all that by yourself then it's pretty good imo. If not, then next time I would say try to have the camera man move around more during the shots. It would make the same shot have more life when we see them again. Because with a still shot, it gets repetitive.

On to the track itself, I think the hook coulda been better. It wasn't catchy enough. Like the mold for it to be catchy was there, but what you were saying didn't really work imo. The verses were nice. Hook isn't really bad, I just woulda did something completely different with it to try and give it a little more catchiness. I've been working on making my hooks more catchy, so I'm listening for that a little more now.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

I appreciate the feed @TechOmega and @Nahlidge

I did shoot the video myself. It's a $40 webcam that I bought for the contest last year. I agree it's not the best but it's what I wanted to do with it without having to pay someone a lotta money to do something I'd get the same exposure with basically. In the future I'll probably rent out cameras for stuff like this. Editing isn't too hard for me (time consuming, but not hard when the video's basic). If I had someone shoot this for me and this was the finished product I'd be pissed, lmao. Videos in the future will for sure be better. Can only improve with each one.

But yeah, I hear ya on the hook, Nahlidge. Catchiness is tough to really make but necessary. Regardless, I appreciate you guys both checking this out and getting feed to me.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Good stuff man i like your flow and voice sounds unique. Sick stuff man keep at it. dont really see the beastie sound alike at all, sounds a bit more like KMK but good lol. i hope you win it man

Battle Record
    20-6

i like the beat, i was going to jump in this contest, but i'm not sure i fit in the constraints of what they are trying to do. the hook was really irrelevant here, wasn't something that added to the song. the verses themselves were cool, you sound confidant, your cadence and lyrics were good, only complaint is really the hook. i didm;t even watch the video once i saw the quality, but the song itself is not bad
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Northern Beggar's Avatar

yo i'm diggin this, man. "futuristic 90 flow" lmao...word! i thought ur lyrics was playful which really reflects the beat(imo). Sounds like u were shooting from all angle in terms of flow(s). This maybe my favorite song of urs yet man, definitely feeling the progress. keep it up, bro. salute.
    [youtube]DmSREFKsZ7Y[/youtube]

I appreciate all the feedback here, guys!! Definitely gotta work on the hook next time for sure and videos will be more polished in the future. Appreciated!!!

Daz, definitely do it next year, bro! The playing field is wide and you sound completely original compared to everyone else. It's great exposure.

Voting just started...gonna tag y'all real quick for votes. Won't spam ya after that, lol

Link: http://bsta.rs/7a844

@Northern Beggar
    @Daz;
    @Kdanger
    @Nahlidge
    @TechOmega
    @fresh
    @Pair-A-Dyce
    @YungDosia
    @El Chapo
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |