User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Short Stories?

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Short Stories?

Can there be some sort of short story contest or similar service as to how the OM & PC run?

It's a larger text content than the rest so I'm not sure how many are up to the task for it but I'm just wondering about the section. I have a short story I would like to share, regardless.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Re: Short Stories?

You already know I'd be into this.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Yeah I miss the short story section, anyway it could be brought as a sub-forum to OM?

A short story contest sounds dope, not sure how many people would be into doing that. Maybe Frost could hold sign ups in SS and see where it goes from there?
    Sounds good to me. @ILLunatic how are you feeling about this contest idea?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

There was a short story section subforumed in Open Mic. But Zombicidal, myself, Engivale and Chris Black were the only ones for like a year dropping material in there so they shut it down.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

^ Exactly

Add & Follow

·

Soule

Takes more than a couple interested writers to reup a dead forum.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I'm sure a short story section will get more activity then a couple of the sub-forums that currently are in place. I'm willing to drop and critique in there for sure. Would be cool to read old pieces again too, I got a couple in there I wrote back in 2006 or so lol
    Agreed heartily. I'd be sure to make that spot a must-see section with fantastic reads.

Awards SOTW

I think this could be a dope idea especially if there is enough interest from people on the site and, the potential for a good amount of activity.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Quote Originally Posted by Shado View Post
    I think this could be a dope idea especially if there is enough interest from people on the site and, the potential for a good amount of activity.
    There's already a small fan base of my magical writing. Works of The Great Father are so mighty that you could print one of them out and staple it to your resume when applying for a job to guarantee you will be hired.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

If there are at least 10 people who show a genuine interest, I'll bring it back as a subforum.

Add & Follow

·

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

Count me as someone who is planning on heavily representing this section.