Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Puppet Master

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Re: Puppet Master

Your flow and lyricism and concept telling is pretty dope kind of had like an old school Mobb Deep feel to it. Maybe just bump that agression up wanna hear the words pop out a bit more draw me in because u have potential. Mix wise it was listenable maybe fuck around with the eqing on the vocals a bit to much echo volume wise not sure what program u use but that were parametric eqing comes in. also not sure if ur beats are usually 16 bit mp3 which is usually common is most beats leave that i wouldnt convert it to 32 bit it kind of takes the cleaniness out maybe if ur vocals are louder just turn the volume up on the beat a bit. Make sure ur recording ur vocals in 32 bit Mono though. Im not great im learning just like u are lol.
    [url]https:

You've Earned a Custom Title! Ace the Prophet's Avatar

Chin!!!!! What up bro?? Haha...always love hearing the old textcees dropping audios so I can actually hear them speak their words. Good to see you're doing something with this, man!

I dig the beat. You fit the dark vibe. The calm delivery fit nicely on this. Flow and lyrics were real nice on this. DEfinitely flowed well.

My main critique with this is that it sounds like you may have used too much reverb when mixing this. You'll find the touch, though. Through mixing my own stuff I've learned that you always keep learning about it the more you do it and there's no clear cut path on how to mix things. I think the reverb is what's sticking out to me, though. The vocals don't sound too loud or anything..pretty good for not knowing much yet.

Overall this was pretty cool, man! You've got a naturally good sound to you. Once you get more comfortable on the mic you're gonna really start to love this, lol. Keep it up man! 1
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    |
    |
    |

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Beggar View Post
    is this EBCB? if it is then this is the kind of feedback you should be giving people - not dismissive shit like "I don't like it". If it isn't then my apology. Whoever u are, i appreciate the critique and definitely understand what u are saying and am in agreement also.
    This Pair-A-Dyce Da Don, wordlife b

You've Earned a Custom Title! schizmatic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    This Pair-A-Dyce Da Don, wordlife b
    Is your name a innuendo of your balls?

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Schizmatic View Post
    Is your name a innuendo of your balls?
    Are you hitting on me?

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

This was nice, your voice is cool and has a dark and emotional sound to it, quite unique. Your flow was on point and message was cool. The beat was nice and blended with your voice well and game a nice dark sound to it and nice on the ear. I'd love to give you some tips but im new to audio myself and I really like this
    rtf if you get time
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...06#post8432206
    Last edited by Slayerr.; January 30th, 2014 at 03:14 PM

Xtermnation Xtraordinaire Genocide's Avatar
    Battle Record
    10-15

love the instro, didn't like the flow over it but the lyrics were dope at times. just feels like the beat whooped your ass except for the chorus, the chorus went hard as fuck imo

Battle Record
    20-6

this is dark, i like the beat, something i would destroy somebody to. the lyrics are okay, i see what you trying to say, its deep and all, just not my type of thing. it kinda reminded me of a snoop or dmx type song though. It just needs more emotion on it. that's all i can say.
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

yo. this is you though? no way. i was expecting some shakey motherfucker who could barely enunciate or ride a beat. you surprised the fuck out of me. not saying this is perfect but it was surprisingly good. i played it three times to feedback properly. hook is tight. to be real, i didn't feel you got comfortable with yourself until about 30 seconds in, and your confidence seemed to accrue as you moved through your verses. by the final one, you were at your most poised imo. flow was cool, you didn't seem too worried about hitting a certain metronome like i hear a lot of netcees do (i do it myself, i flow to the beat as opposed to flowing ON the beat if you can understand the distinction) but you did your thing -- and it's that what probably impressed me the most.

your delivery is serviceable too. it could be polished but it doesn't feel too forced nor frail. your enunciation is a lil weird in places but never unintelligible. you've a hoarse quality to your voice at times which wasn't really present in the first verse. i can sort of hear you grow on track, in confidence and conviction, or maybe i'm reading into it too much.

lyrically... you're there. to focus on the story more than showing how much you could rhyme (although the rhyming was impressive in places) shows good discipline. this can't be your first joint though you must have done other shit. let me hear you when you were wack, motherfucker! but yea this shit was solid. surprised me, i won't front. shit was real -- do you man.

and yo, i am not a text head. lmao. i am just a writer who happened to gravitate toward these boards. i have tried rapping and i am (arguably, barely) competent but have neither the love nor diligence to really make that happen, but i feel like a lot of what i write was meant to be performed, certainly HEARD as opposed to READ, so probably on that spoken word vibe. ayt. tag me on any other songs you do.
    Last edited by English; February 15th, 2014 at 06:28 PM

You've Earned a Custom Title! Northern Beggar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    yo. this is you though? no way. i was expecting some shakey motherfucker who could barely enunciate or ride a beat. you surprised the fuck out of me. not saying this is perfect but it was surprisingly good. i played it three times to feedback properly. hook is tight. to be real, i didn't feel you got comfortable with yourself until about 30 seconds in, and your confidence seemed to accrue as you moved through your verses. by the final one, you were at your most poised imo. flow was cool, you didn't seem too worried about hitting a certain metronome like i hear a lot of netcees do (i do it myself, i flow to the beat as opposed to flowing ON the beat if you can understand the distinction) but you did your thing -- and it's that what probably impressed me the most.

your delivery is serviceable too. it could be polished but it doesn't feel too forced nor frail. your enunciation is a lil weird in places but never unintelligible. you've a hoarse quality to your voice at times which wasn't really present in the first verse. i can sort of hear you grow on track, in confidence and conviction, or maybe i'm reading into it too much.

lyrically... you're there. to focus on the story more than showing how much you could rhyme (although the rhyming was impressive in places) shows good discipline. this can't be your first joint though you must have done other shit. let me hear you when you were wack, motherfucker! but yea this shit was solid. surprised me, i won't front. shit was real -- do you man.

and yo, i am not a text head. lmao. i am just a writer who happened to gravitate toward these boards. i have tried rapping and i am (arguably, barely) competent but have neither the love nor diligence to really make that happen, but i feel like a lot of what i write was meant to be performed, certainly HEARD as opposed to READ, so probably on that spoken word vibe. ayt. tag me on any other songs you do.
    well fed as always, my ninja. good loox.
    [youtube]DmSREFKsZ7Y[/youtube]