User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: The League of Voting Discussion

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Re: The League of Voting Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dadiator View Post
    TRS- You're talking about more industry level stuff and underground live stuff. I have been in that scene, but that scene is far different than the text scene. Your statement reflected something different altogether.

I will repeat my question- If you were given complete control of operations for the text battling scene here, what would your guidelines be for voters?
    I do have complete control. If I wanted to change the rules of voting for LLL, I could do it right now. Illunatic isn't going to tell me not to.. he knows I will run the League correctly. So there is no hypothetical situation here

and you missed the point, or rather dismissed it, because what I said is EXACTLY true for text brother. Not just underground or industry

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

I was talking sitewide, as in that YOU would be the top of the executive decision board.

And let's face it, I may not be Spitz Pacino or some other legend like that, but there have been a few battles here where I put in superior material and lost due to that mindset you provide of "winning the crowd".

It is what it is, but the focus for a vote should ideally be on which verse is stronger rather than the competitor, BUT there should be some wiggle room to allow for that "crowd pleaser" factor. Which could indeed be integrated into a guideline system quite easily.

See where we are headed so far, Frost and TRS?

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

I was talking sitewide, as in that YOU would be the top of the executive decision board.

And let's face it, I may not be Spitz Pacino or some other legend like that, but there have been a few battles here where I put in superior material and lost due to that mindset you provide of "winning the crowd".

It is what it is, but the focus for a vote should ideally be on which verse is stronger rather than the competitor, BUT there should be some wiggle room to allow for that "crowd pleaser" factor. Which could indeed be integrated into a guideline system quite easily.

See where we are headed so far, Frost and TRS?
    I'm making my own website for my guild. Spit needs to allow a concealed system of voting so votes aren't followed based on previous posts. Similar to presidential voting processes.
    That's how my measly guild works. The only votes seen in my guild are by the 3 judges whom are handling the battle.

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Oh, and those votes aren't seen till after few days of voting.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

A guild won't work in this arena. It will need to be an ever-rotating group to prevent a pack mentality from throwing it's weight around.

Battle Record
    91-46

True, I was just saying that what my guild implements seems to work for battling processes. But you're right.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

It wouldn't matter if there were 3 or 5 select judges and only they could vote, because mother fuckers would lobby to befriend them and thereby control favoritism. It would happen, period, there is no avoiding it.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

I know, I've seen it.

Battle Record
    91-46

Spit what's the point then dude? :/

I mean if you're going to have a league that's corrupt either way we look at it, I don't even see the point in having it anymore.

Not trying to be pessimistic but if RB's community can't follow morals & play fair game in the leagues then it's BS & people will start to get upset when they notice slanted votes.

Battle Record
    91-46

You should be able to trust a community of people to come together in orderly fashion. I know it's possible, I'm seeing it right now where I mainly go to.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

What we have here is the beginning of a convergence of ideas. Let's keep the momentum going, as well as welcoming outside input.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Frost View Post
    Spit what's the point then dude? :/

I mean if you're going to have a league that's corrupt either way we look at it, I don't even see the point in having it anymore.

Not trying to be pessimistic but if RB's community can't follow morals & play fair game in the leagues then it's BS & people will start to get upset when they notice slanted votes.

The league's not corrupt. You're misinterpreting what I am saying.

The world works a certain way. People want to be on top, and politics is part of that.

The fact is, there have been times over the years when RB was the premier text battle site on the net. It wasn't because their was some weird voting system or "morals" or being "fair". It was because the BEST text battlers in the world were in LLL fighting for the title. All of the things you see happening now, happened then. People who lost constantly cried about favoritism, voting rings (and yes, they did exist too), wanting the voting rules adjusted, all the exact same shit you're seeing right now.

But in the end, there was a dope writer crowned the LLL Season Champ - and he didn't win because of voting rings or favoritism. He won because he was respected for his writing. The people that were a part of that league made it dope. Not voting rules.

The reason you're seeing so much controversy right now is because there are people in LLL who shouldn't be there. That's why I am going to clean it up. The League needs trimming. The fact is, you shouldn't be in LLL. Neither should Mordycai. I can name more, but I am trying to explain this before I run out of time to key my verse that's due today lol. I asked Dadiator to be in the League.. because he's honest, witty, funny, and the League needs him. But he is not of the caliber of the greats that I have battled with in the past. It's not that he's wack - he understands punches, and how to incorporate concepts, which you and others have not yet grasped. He loses due to the fact he makes people detest him, and also occasionally because of writers block or poor effort. But he doesn't lose due to a lack of ability. So he is free to stay as long as I can keep him (better not leave fucker lol)

However you are not ready for this league. As long as you are in it, you're going to complain because you're never going to win. But we have Ridiculous, God of War, Kontext, myself, and others who are real monsters when it comes to writing battle verses. We know how to be mean, personal, witty and ruthlessly humiliate you while we do it. We're not going to vote against someone to rig things or because we don't like them (well Kontext might because he's a bitch) we're going to vote for the best verse. Period.

The voting system is not broken. The people in LLL are. I am going to fix that, and if there is some sort of serious issue when I am done fixing it, then I will address it then.

We used to have a solution to the problem you feel there is, it was called LLL Jr. That's where the cats who are still learning were able to mold each other in the right way and create their inner circles which would help them later on. Unfortunately I destroyed the Jr League to the point it became a joke and they shut it down. I was undisputed 7 or 8 season champ in a row, it got to be (dare I say) Ridiculous. THEN they let me in LLL. That's what I had to do to PROVE to the vets who were in LLL then that I was WORTHY. And I've earned every accolade I claim, I was never handed ANYTHING. So yeah. I tend to show a bit of pride when it comes to this shit.

But this League is getting to be right where it needs to - and if you practice, maybe you can come back next season.

There are people running FL and the 1-2 that aren't doing the best job too, and that makes it look like a SITE WIDE problem.. but it's not.

LLL is doing just fine. You watch.

Kept on a short leash
    Battle Record
    0-500

^ Ridiculous is very much a bitch as well, abilities with text aside. Don't you ever forget that.

Here's a few Kanye West Jokes.

Some celebrities have Harem Hooters. He has Harem Hasbro.
    Kanye West hates Boyz 2 Men for not being a delivery service.
    Kanye's favorite college? Brigham Young.

and...

What's the price for sex with Kanye? Fischer-Price.

Humor section aside, let's get back on focus. This is 2013, and all members deserve a fair shake. We have some ideas put on the table and some groundwork laid down.

Battle Record
    2-3

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spit View Post
    The ONLY thing that might work would be to hide the votes
    I think this is a cool idea.

Everyone posts their explained votes, and the votes are only seen/tallied by the Mod of the league and/or a voting committee, and they are then revealed at the end of the battle.

Could work.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

I didn't say you HAD to leave @Mordycai . I'm giving everyone the same chance to stay - boot matches. All you have to do is win yours to stay in. Up to you bro.