User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: bluebird vrs spark

bluebird vrs spark

im looking at these 2 mics... and i hear good things about both... but the spark sounds good and so does the bluebird... im just curious if the blue bird is worth the extra hundred... any opinions would be awesome..
    thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: bluebird vrs spark

get tha AT4040 or AT4050 or AT4060

fuck anything lower quality than those...
    I cannot list all of my best lines inside this signature
    because they number in the tens of thousands.

the blue bird is very similar to the at4040 at least in specs... tho I've never used it...which is y im asking this question...anybody have anything useful to add to the conversation... also im looking at the m-audio mobile pre-amp and audio interface tho im admitedly ignorant on pre amps.... so any input on that would help....

shit let me change this thread.... i got roughly 500 to spend on a mic and pre amp what would be best to buy in that price range?....thanks
    Last edited by Scummy; December 22nd, 2011 at 12:42 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oh re looking at the specs, and reading what each thing is i would say the blue bird is better then the at 4040 slightly... except the at4040 has a 10dB pad and a 80 hz low cut filter...which i dont really understand why i would need those things for vocals... tho i could be wrong...

Battle Record
    0-2

ive recorded on the bluebird quite a few times at a local studio years ago....shit was really nice man....almost bought one myself...also sexy lookin...

the other mic, i know nothing about....so i cannot compare them....so my input is worthless....good day, sir!

word...thanks ive pretty much decided on the blue bird but now i got to figure out a preamp thats a step up from the fast track for 200....

Battle Record
    3-2

I have the 4040, great mic... the 80hz lo-cut is nice if you don't have a deep voice... the Bluebird sounds great too, you can't go wrong either way... just pick one... the MobilePre MKII is perfect for your needs, no hesitation, just get it and decide which mic you'd rather have... don't forget to take into account a decent pop filter and xlr cable... I recommend a metal pop filter and a Monster or Mogami cable, don't go cheapskate on that shit... pretty sure the Bluebird comes with it's own little pop screen that works well, but I'd still go metal... and of course a shockmount if they don't come with, they should...

ive already got the fast track im looking into the fast track pro... im pretty sure im going with the blue bird...and the set up i got has a chord and pop filter probably not the best of pop filters or chords tho... from what i read the bluebird comes with a blue mic cable and a shock mount... but yeah any other pre-amps that are a step up form the fast track that are around 200 that someone could tell me...

oh you said mobil pre...hmmm...i dont get the difference between the 2.... they seem to be damn neer the same...but i dont get pre amps...what a makes a pre amp good?

Battle Record
    0-2

pop filter that comes with the bluebird is a metal one...

one of them tiny joints though...

Battle Record
    0-2

i have a 4040 and a 4050...def amazing mics...i think my next mic is 2 grand...give or take...

btw METAL > plastic as far as pop filters go...
    I cannot list all of my best lines inside this signature
    because they number in the tens of thousands.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Scummy View Post
    oh you said mobil pre...hmmm...i dont get the difference between the 2.... they seem to be damn neer the same...but i dont get pre amps...what a makes a pre amp good?

the FastTrack Pro is a better unit than the MobilePre MKII... at least it's a step up according to M-Audio... the regular FastTrack and MobilePre are pretty similar... I'm not sure, but I suspect all three use the same preamps in 'em, though...

in this price range, as far as preamps are concerned, it won't make a ton of difference... most of 'em in this range will sound similar... the differences between interfaces will be the quality of their analog-to-digital converters, for the most part... most preamps in this price range should be clean and clear and that's all you can really expect... it's not until a couple price ranges higher that you start to really notice tonal differences in preamps...

so basically, just buy some shit and get after it... you can't really go wrong...

word i think ima go with the fast track pro... thanks