Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Drake vs Common ..Drake about get in dat azz

The Birth Of Creation WhatsHisFace's Avatar
    Battle Record
    6-1

Re: Drake vs Common ..Drake about get in dat azz

Quote Originally Posted by El Heisenberg View Post
    Drake called himself frank Sinatra or something?
    Drake called himself Frank Sinatra? The Fuck?

Anyways, I don't think they will beef. Drake will probably blow off the issue just like he did with Luda. If Common keeps up the shots, shit should get interesting. Haven't heard any rap beef between anyone lately. Course there's sparks, but no fire.

If beef dose happen, I got my money on Common. Drake is popular, but that dosen't make him a good rapper.

I would love to see shots fired at YMCMB, I fell like they won't do shyt.
    [youtube]wtjZOf0WmdE[/youtube]

Music.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

^ The only one likely to respond would be Jae Millz.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Menace II Society View Post
    Common then said it was about Drake later on..
    He didn't say he made it about him he said he fits the mold, so if he feels it was about him then it is, and if he had a problem with it he could step into the ring. Or that was the last I read.

Com says that if Driz felt disrespected by the song, then so be it.

After Common took subliminal shots at soft rappers on “Sweet,” Drake announced at a concert that if anyone had a problem with him, they should say it to his face. During an interview with 107.5 WGCI’s Tony Sco (via FSD), Com maintained that it wasn’t directed at Drizzy but said that if he felt he was offended, then so be it.

“I made a song that’s definitely a Hip Hop song. In Hip Hop, it’s like stepping in the ring. Rap is a contact sport. So I talked about this cat that’s soft and sweet,” he said. “Drake felt offended and felt it was directed towards him, so he said, ‘Man, say it to my face.’ My thing is, I’ma keep it Hip Hop. Stay on that tip. But if he falls in that category, then so be it. I’m not going to hold my tongue.”

He compared it to Jay-Z’s takedown of Auto-Tune on “D.O.A.” and how T-Pain fell into that category, though it wasn’t directed towards him.

“I look at it like when Jay-Z made ‘D.O.A.’ I don’t think he specifically as like, I’m going to specifically write this about T-Pain. But T-Pain fit in that category, so he might have felt offended. But it’s all Hip Hop. At the end of the day, it’s Hip Hop.”
    That's the last thing I read. I am not really that concerned about it, so it's possible he said something after this.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...ction-to-sweet
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; December 24th, 2011 at 02:11 PM
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Awards 75+ Wins

Good to know.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

It's funny though a lot of people in Hip Hop who make real Rap music are taking shots at Drake, and some of these other rappers who trying to get out of their lane, might be a good sign.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

In D.O.A Jay does say 'Get back to rap, you're T Paining too much' though, so it's not really the same thing lol I don't particularly like Drake's music, I think some of his stuff is ok, he can make a nice hook too, but he's not even anywhere near Common's level in my mind, I think if Drake has taken offence at this, it says more about him than anything, but also, I mean, who cares? Why would Drake even mention this? We all know he won't do anything.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

But the "You T paining too much" line wasn't a shot at T-Pain it was a shot at all the rappers who were auto tuning all there songs and singing like T pain.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    He didn't say he made it about him he said he fits the mold, so if he feels it was about him then it is, and if he had a problem with it he could step into the ring. Or that was the last I read.

That's the last thing I read. I am not really that concerned about it, so it's possible he said something after this.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...ction-to-sweet
    Earlier today, Common said that if Drake was offended by his song "Sweet," then he should take it as a personal diss. During an interview with Shade 45's Sway in the Morning, he was singing a different tune, confirming that the song was written about him and that he should be prepared to be "in the ring."

"Hey, he opened his mouth and said some things. So if he wants it, that’s what he wants, all that subliminal, you can do that too. But you might want to say that now," he said. "I mean, the verse is about me, but when you hear some stuff on the chorus, it’s like you can’t help but think about dude, and that’s what he felt. So at the end of the day, he fit in that category. He already embraced it, so wear it."

Com explained that his ire stemmed from comments that Drake made about being the best lyricist. He decided to go after rappers who claimed to be the best, since he considered himself to be worthy of that title.

"He’s a very successful artist, obviously. Like I said, I think he’s a talented artist. I give credit where it’s due and I try to speak the truth where I see it. In Hip Hop, there was a lot of that going on," he said. "Beyond Drake, it’s still some artists I was hearing, some artists I didn’t even know I was hearing. But Drake fits in that category. Any artist could be a target, once you get in and start saying you this and that. When you think about it, KRS-One if you take it there, or when Nas and Jay had a battle, it was about being a doper emcee.

"It’s just about emceeing, and once you step in there, you in the ring," he continued. "Especially if you’re going to say I’m a champ, I’m the greatest. For me, I’m on ‘Sweet’ saying I’m the greatest, da da da. But there are going to be some cats who come at me, that’s what it is."
    Like I said.. later on he said it was about Drake..

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...aimed-at-drake

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Menace II Society View Post
    Like I said.. later on he said it was about Drake..

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...aimed-at-drake
    We can all read some quotes bro...i dont know what your trying to do here, its not the fuckin da vinci code son.

Drake said some shit about being the greatest, so common made a song going at weak rappers. There are plurals all throughout the song meaning its not some exclusive drake diss. But drake fits in the category of rappers that hes describing so it is still dissing him. Thats the extent of the situation. Drake and "soft rappers" got dissed.

Battle Record
    21-6

Drake's new album is fucking knocking.

Just a collection of bangers.

I know he can't beef though.

He should just stick to dropping bangers.

Common is dope to me, but in movies & on Hell on Wheels.
    [/url]

Battle Record
    21-6

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post

seriously tho
    Damn, this a tough sarcastic nigga.

I think Common would beat him in the octagon though.

Common is more fit.
    [/url]

I think Drake is good at what he does and should stick to it. When I think for Drake I just think slow jamz, which I think he does well. As many have already said, Drake is a much better singer than rapper but I do enjoy most stuff he puts out, also he does songs that go well in clubs.
    Common is a better rapper and writer, and yes Ric, i'd say he'd beat Drake in the octagon but doubt either of them would step in for fear of getting bruised lol

never thought you'd miss the blueprints in my eyes.

s c y t s o p h r e n i a

.double post, stupid phone.
    Last edited by unadored; December 27th, 2011 at 12:45 PM

never thought you'd miss the blueprints in my eyes.

s c y t s o p h r e n i a