Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: interviews?

it aint hatin if you suck I-M-E's Avatar

interviews?

how do yall prepare for em? and how do ya deal with the wait after lol

i just had a big one for a job that could be my career lol, i only prepared by just going on the net going over some typical interviewing techniques, it kinda helped but when i got there they made it even less stressful by actually giving me the questions prior and gave me 15 mins to make notes to take into the interview with me, is this normal? haha needless to say i was still pretty damn nervous and a bit mumbley and stumbley but i think i did pretty good, jsut needa make the list lol...ill be pretty pissed if i dont get on the list but if i dont i still have a plan b which is school that i am currently in now but would like to not have to stay if i dont have too lol
    The Hip Hop Sounds Of...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1

Re: interviews?

you gotta go in there confident and put foot to ass..

iv gotten a lot of jobs that way...them saying "you sound so confident, mature and speak very well with a deep voice"

get them bitches wet when you talk feel me?..

let them know that you know that they know that you got your shit together and are gonna be an asset to them and act like it bitch..

no mumbling stumbling shit..fuck that..put foot to ass..and get shit done

Kiss my lucky egg, bitch! Sanka's Avatar

Interviews are the hardest shit man, I've been in interviews where I've been in a panel interview, and interviews where I've just laughed the whole time with them. It's hard to prepare for, but if I'm honest, I do prepare only a couple days before... like you, reading up on techniques etc... if I feel I'm losing control, then I flip it and get them to start talking about themselves until i find something i have in common with them, and then BAM...we'll be laughing and I'll be relaxing more. Just remember, the interview is for them as much as you, so you should have some questions prepared and read up on the website about them, you might not like the job at the end. I suck at thinking of questions, I think the last one I had was something about the possibility of being involved in projects going forward...I hate interviews, I wish i would have one where they give me the questions in advance!

RXL's right, there's no room for "ums, uhhs...or like". Show respect and you'll be fine.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Yes @ Sanka, Kinda @ RXL

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA its ok to be like RXL said, but only if you're the right kinda person. I look dangerous when im pissed off so

i need to sound sweet and cuddly. if I drew a deep assertive voice out of the 'box I'd have people thinkin' "yea he'd be great for blowing my building up in 3 months", so I have to be real smooth about my choices. Maybe this is in your case also

whatever the case, RXL was tappin' the head with 'confidence'. rock this, and you're in.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Had a job interview a few days ago..

Gotta go in that bitch confident... walk in like Vince McMahon and shit..

Act like you're coming off the phone wit' a prospective business client before the interview's conducted "I'm not telling you again, Janice - crunch the numbers. You're a number cruncher, aren't you? crunch those GODDAMN numbers!" then hang up.

Shake his/her hand firmly, lift it up to your nose, sniff... look up @ him/her deviously and ask if that's lather.

Keep eye contact... never deviate.

Do your research on the company a little. They want someone who knows how to do the job, n' a little piece of mind before being hired goes a long way.

Last but not least...

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    1-1

Smoke a joint on your way in. Gogogogo.
    [youtube]3JWXNPaLSkA[/youtube]

you know I wanna feel special

MCL

it aint hatin if you suck I-M-E's Avatar

wordddd yalll,i do think i did show confidence as in i know the job and know id be a good fit, they just knew i was nervous but they joked about it and said they "expect it since interviews do suck to have"...
    im sure ill get on the list anyway because; 1. im the youngest (im 26) going for the job by at least 5-10 years (and most were prob 10-20 years older) and they are wanting to get younger people in since the reason they are hiring is like 9-10 employees are set to retire within the next year and a bit... and 2. i worked there before as a labourer for 5 years and did more then what my job description called for (the guys i worked with said i am better at the job then most of the other guys who work there) and basically did the same shit id be doing if i get it, but id be making a shit tonne more then i was haha (yes i brought up the fact i took intiative and knew the job and was in the good books per say of the other employees..of course said it more polite and proper lol)..... not too mention all the guys i used to work with have been begging them to hire me for like 4 years now and finally they are hiring. Also have some high up heads (supervisors, bosses) who knew i was a good worker with them and went beyond my duty to help them to the point they treated me like i was one of them and not the labourer asking me to go to jobs alone if they were short staffed that day even though i was suppsoed to work with others not alone... so i should be good to get on the list, im not sure how many were going on the list but i guess there was 10 of us interviewed, i heard the list could have 7 on it but not sure.

lol sorry to ramble fellas, thanks for yall foos time
    The Hip Hop Sounds Of...

Kiss my lucky egg, bitch! Sanka's Avatar

Good luck dude...

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted. View Post
    Yes @ Sanka, Kinda @ RXL

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA its ok to be like RXL said, but only if you're the right kinda person. I look dangerous when im pissed off so

i need to sound sweet and cuddly. if I drew a deep assertive voice out of the 'box I'd have people thinkin' "yea he'd be great for blowing my building up in 3 months", so I have to be real smooth about my choices. Maybe this is in your case also

whatever the case, RXL was tappin' the head with 'confidence'. rock this, and you're in.
    lmao thats the same kinda vibe a lot of people get off of me....its funny as fuck most of the time....but annoying and a curse at others....

Battle Record
    12-8

Lol @ Celph.