User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Would you suggest buying a mixer?

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    6-12

Would you suggest buying a mixer?

If I don't know how to use it, that is the question should I buy one? What is the mixer purpose?
    PM for battle

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Would you suggest buying a mixer?

a mixer has one main purpose....to combine multiple inputs into one signal...

so if your not recording external instruments into your PC, then no, i wouldnt reccomend it....if you want it to record vocals, theres much better solutions that will give you better sound quality....that is unless your gonna buy a beastly ass mixer that costs the same as a cheap vehicle....

most mixers also come with some type of effects unit built in, and EQ's on each channel...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

I wouldn't buy one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, get an interface. All your Eq'ing and effects you're going to do In program anyways. Trust me, I bought a mixer 5 years ago and have been stuck with it ever since. Don't get me wrong, it's decent, but I record flat, and I DON'T use it's effects. Get a small interface or preamp.

Battle Record
    5-6

Assuming that you are just recording vocals, just get an audio interace, a good pre-amp and a decent mic and u will be straight.
    There are no real good Pre-Amps under 300. The more u spend on the pre-amp the better. If u have to choose between a good pre-amp or a good mic, because of budget issues, it is alwaze best to get a good pre-amp and a decent mic. If u you had a great mic and a weak pre-amp it would not help the quality very much.

I bought a cheap one just for its 48v fantom and now I don't think it's a good idea, an audio interface is much better. A mixer for reeal mixing normally costs an arm and a leg.