User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Favorite Waves Mercury Bundle Vsts?

Battle Record
    1-0

Favorite Waves Mercury Bundle Vsts?

Hey guys, I was just wondering what some of your favorite and more commonly used Vsts are, out of the Waves Mercury Bundle. Which ones are the best out of the bundle. If you wanted mind lending an opinion, id appreciate it! Thanks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hip-Hop Ain't Dead, It lives in the North!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    quality="high" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="507" height="221" allowScriptAccess="always" allowScripting="on">

[YOUTUBE]0W4w_6EX73I[/YOUTUBE]

Mhmm.

Re: Favorite Waves Mercury Bundle Vsts?

i usually go to RVerb for a nice reverb its pretty cool
    the RCompressor is also pretty good
    excuse me for not naming a lot but i uno what the mercury bundle comes with i have Waves Complete

Battle Record
    0-2

i dont think this comes with the Mercury Bundle, but i like the Waves IR-1 a lot...that reverb is nice as fuck....
    i also used the Rverb and RCompresser, REQ as well..the rennaisance series is dope....

also the PAZ analyzer got mad mileage from me...

really though Waves is over-rated IMO....dont get me wrong, theyre nice ass plug-ins, and theyre quality, and as a completer bundle there really nothing that compares...

but individually, you can find better plug-ins....but you definitely wont find a nicer complete set out there...

for my EQ's i used to always use the URS bundles EQ's...ESPECIALLY the URS FulTec...that shit is beast....

also, Roger Nichols Digital Collection...those plug-ins are fuckin QUALITY right there...

Crysonic Bundle as well...Crysonic plug-ins do magic to sound man i sware...they were my favorites...

for tracks where my reverb was important i would use Altiverb a lot...also that Phone(?) effect thing from the same company?? not sure what it was called....was kind of like an impulse response thing for reverb, but worked in a different way....

if you want a nice quality, uniform set of a plug-ins, then Waves is your answer...

but if you want the best of the best, you gotta search out individual plug-ins...

Battle Record
    1-0

Dope! I appreciate that alot you guys, I'm just looking through and seeing what I have. I had gotten the Waves Mercury Bundle prior and just had never used it after my HD melted, so I'd thought I'd throw it in. It's gotta be better than the Audition Vsts, I was using. I'm looking through the list now, there's alot.

I def got, RVerb, and Rcompressor, and I actually got the IR-1(efficient & full)+ The REQ & PAZ Analyzer. I obviously need to sit down and spend sometime figuring out the full potential of these plug-ins, as I don't really know how to use them.

That's good to hear though, I just was gonna jump into the bundle and realized.. I had no idea where to start. Thanks for letting me know about those other Vst's to, I'm gonna get them, shouldn't be too hard to track down I'm assuming. I'm trying to beef up my Mixing game, overkill, haha. Thanks, and if you got any more suggestions! Lemme know.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="507" height="221" allowScriptAccess="always" allowScripting="on">

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-2

I' m not sure which plugs are mercury exlusive because i have diamond/mercury, But C-1 Compressor is awesome! I used to use Rcomp but have since started leaning towards the C-1, gives better sound imo. Rverb of course is good, TrueVerb is ok I'd rather use Rverb tho.
    L-1 or L-2 Limiters are top of the line, alota studios use these. All the Q-10,Q-8,Q-6 etc Paragraphic Eq's are good, the number is just how many points (que's) you want to be able to manipulate, so generally I go with a Q-10. LinMB is a great Multi-band Compressor. The Shuffler/Imager are good for panning/imaging. The Stomp plug has some cool effects and such in it. The best being the Pitch shifter IMO. Vcomp is good for bus compression, has some decent presets. When in doubt, just google whatever plug you dont know. You find all the explanations you need lol. Read read read, best thing you can possibly do to increase your overall knowlege in anything.

Another plug that I have found pretty usefull, not waves related or anything but its called 'AnalogX Delay Time Calculator'. Its good for easily figuring out proper Delay/Reverb times. Just put in the BPM and gives a breakdown of 2x whole note, whole, half, quarter, 8th, 16th, and 32nd times in Milliseconds.
    It also tells you triplets respectivly. Comes in handy alot for me.
    Last edited by KineticTheory; November 24th, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Battle Record
    0-2

yo if your looking to REALLY learn about plug-ins, and hear opinions/suggestions about the best of the best...
    then you need to go make an account at www.kvraudio.com...

theyre forum is FULL of TONS of knowledgeable people....and also, they have the largest database of VST plug-ins on the internet....commercial/free/shareware/demo...EVERYTHING...

theres also a lot of people who hang out there who are actual developers of VST's....

frequenting that site will seriously accelerate the learning process and put you on to some of the best VST's available...

Battle Record
    1-0

I' m not sure which plugs are mercury exlusive because i have diamond/mercury, But C-1 Compressor is awesome! I used to use Rcomp but have since started leaning towards the C-1, gives better sound imo. Rverb of course is good, TrueVerb is ok I'd rather use Rverb tho.
    L-1 or L-2 Limiters are top of the line, alota studios use these. All the Q-10,Q-8,Q-6 etc Paragraphic Eq's are good, the number is just how many points (que's) you want to be able to manipulate, so generally I go with a Q-10. LinMB is a great Multi-band Compressor. The Shuffler/Imager are good for panning/imaging. The Stomp plug has some cool effects and such in it. The best being the Pitch shifter IMO. Vcomp is good for bus compression, has some decent presets. When in doubt, just google whatever plug you dont know. You find all the explanations you need lol. Read read read, best thing you can possibly do to increase your overall knowlege in anything.

Another plug that I have found pretty usefull, not waves related or anything but its called 'AnalogX Delay Time Calculator'. Its good for easily figuring out proper Delay/Reverb times. Just put in the BPM and gives a breakdown of 2x whole note, whole, half, quarter, 8th, 16th, and 32nd times in Milliseconds.
    It also tells you triplets respectivly. Comes in handy alot for me.
    @KineticTheory

Thanks bro! I def appreciate that. I'm basically compiling a list right now of everything that's been suggested, so I can work them into my everyday recording. I definitely need to use more compression. I'll check the stomp plugin, sounds useful! This next track I do, is gonna have a lot of experimenting with it, but I know overall the sound should be alot more rich. I'm really trying to get it to stand out to, my music after the mix lately has been solid, but it just seemed dull, like when played over a stereo or something, it just didn't feel like the music was on the forefront, almost sunk in by a few dB. I was looking at some stuff from the Roger Nichols collection, and I seen the Detailer. You got any advice on how I can make the whole mix, have more punch without too much distortion? (Also, is that AnalogX pretty easy to obtain? I've been using the Keeb formula, of BPM divided by 60,000, divided by 32, divided by 8)

yo if your looking to REALLY learn about plug-ins, and hear opinions/suggestions about the best of the best...
    then you need to go make an account at www.kvraudio.com...

theyre forum is FULL of TONS of knowledgeable people....and also, they have the largest database of VST plug-ins on the internet....commercial/free/shareware/demo...EVERYTHING...

theres also a lot of people who hang out there who are actual developers of VST's....

frequenting that site will seriously accelerate the learning process and put you on to some of the best VST's available...
    @Toobs Saki

Thanks for that link bro, I've been checking that site already, and it seems like an encyclopedia of VST knowledge, a little overwhelming at first, but I'll just have to take an hour out each day to just browse, pick up what I can. That helps alot man, thanks again!