User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Hip-Hop Beat

You've Earned a Custom Title! Jimmy Conway's Avatar

Hip-Hop Beat

[SC]http://soundcloud.com/jimmyconway7/lonely-nights-www[/SC]
    Let me know what y'all think. This beat is faster than the last one I put on here.

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...56007&posted=1
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...929/index.html
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...310/index.html
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...295/index.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    44-45

Re: Hip-Hop Beat

kind of reminds me of some dipset shit. i could see like cam'ron rippin this beat up. vocal samples are cool. winds and drums are cool as well. overall not a bad beat at all man

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Thoughts View Post
    kind of reminds me of some dipset shit. i could see like cam'ron rippin this beat up. vocal samples are cool. winds and drums are cool as well. overall not a bad beat at all man
    Thanks fam. What kind of beats do you like?

Banned
    Battle Record
    44-45

Depends on what type of song i'm trying to work on. When i hear a beat i instantly know if i like it or not. If i had to pick a favorite style, i'd probably have to go with like Eminem type beats, sort of dark, maybe energetic.

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

The sampling sounds strange. It fits the key signature, but it just seems strange because of some accidentals the flute has. I like the vocal samples, and the flutes, bass and strings are nice, but they seem to high. Maybe next time, speed it up without raising the pitch with Audacity or something. But in the break, it seems better. Dope beat nonetheless, just needs some easy fixes.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

It's a hot sample but sounds like a long into, you let the sample rock too long, need to make it hit harder. its a hot vibe you just have to spice it up more, drums need to ride instead of a few accents.

I agree, more can be done to spice up the chops, feels kinda unfinished atm. Good listen though man

Battle Record
    50-30
    Awards 25+ Wins

i dont like the way the beat breaks so much... but it reminds me of some ol hip hop shit though.. sample is dope and fits in there well i would just say kill the breaks it seems to take away from it to me.

RTF on on one of my drops in this section.

Not Another... See Right, Writer, C.W Line
    More Played then Ever..

I wanna thank every 1 so far for your feedback. This helps a lot.

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

Not bad, the chops could have been better tho, the hats sound funny tho I can dig it for the most part but like stated it does sound unfinished, a bassline would really bring the sample out more the intro isn't really noticable props on the beat
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon

J.Demers

i nothing bad to say about this beat, really Dope, i liked the last few beats you posted to, good shit

or

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-2

This was aight. The Hi-hats sound off to me, and it could use more bass imo. Samples were good in the hook, and ok during verses. Shoulda made a bass line for it, or made duplicate samples with a low pass filter to bring out the bass thats already in the samples. All in all not a bad instrumental, just needs some polishing done to it. Hi-Hats during hook are def off.

Quote Originally Posted by JDemers View Post
    i nothing bad to say about this beat, really Dope, i liked the last few beats you posted to, good shit
    Thanks fam that means a lot.

Hoodlums
    Battle Record
    0-1

I think for it to be '9th style' the drums have to compliment the samples and chops more than this. Most of the chops are nice, not feeling the flute chops though.

MAKE BEATS/SELL BEATS/BEATS THAT GET PLAYED

check out HOW TO MAKE BEATS for legit high tech software