Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: jay-z tops forbes hiphop 2011 list

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: jay-z tops forbes hiphop 2011 list

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    I said first time in several years he has topped him. Not just ''first time'' Get your shit straight b4 you blindly start making accusations.

1. Jay Z was richer than Diddy at 1 point in the last several years when it came to net worth, obviously Diddy was richer than him several years b4 that

2. Just cus you got confused with what I said, doesn't mean I worded anything horribly.. ain't my fault you don't know difference between networth & yearly income
    Bitch please, there is NO WAY your networth is more than someones and then you make more money then them for several years and your net worth is suddenly less. YOU mentioned Diddy's networth and said it was the first time and years Diddy's networth was more than Jay's in a Jay Jay made more money. So, get your shit straight really. The only way you can be right is if Jay lost a bunch of money and Forbes isn't counting it, which I doubt.

EDIT:

It's like this, If Diddy has 80 million and Jay has 81 million and Jay Earns 10 million a year for 10 years while Diddy earns 5 at the end of the day their is no way Diddy passes Jay. Now if Diddy is Richer than Jay to start then Jay can make more and not catch diddy that's the only way it can be done so if Jay is making more Yearly and Diddy is still worth more the only way Diddy is still worth more is it he WAS ALREADY WORTH MORE.
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; August 11th, 2011 at 11:49 PM
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-18

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    Bitch please, there is NO WAY your networth is more than someones and then you make more money then them for several years and your net worth is suddenly less. YOU mentioned Diddy's networth and said it was the first time and years Diddy's networth was more than Jay's in a Jay Jay made more money. So, get your shit straight really. The only way you can be right is if Jay lost a bunch of money and Forbes isn't counting it, which I doubt.
    can you word that better so I can comment, I honestly don't understand certain shit in here, like what does jays in a jay jay made more money mean?

& a couple years ago Jay Z was making 72 mill a year, he made over 100 mill the time he sold roc a fella clothing, an Jay has made over 50+ mill a couple other years while Diddy always only makes 35 mill a year consistantly, but even Diddy has made 60+ in a year a few yrs back.. while Jay made more that same year. Look it up on Forbes. Look up hip hop networthes between 2007-2010, there Jay was ontop during a few of those years, I'm pretty sure in 2009 Jay was richer than Diddy, but again you can look it up yourself. There was a time Jays networth passed Diddies between 2007-2010 if not for several years.. clerly since their both at almost 500 mill & only being 25 mill apart ATM means it can fluctuate on any given year.

IDK how the fuck they keep switching the top spot back & forth, but I'm telling you they have. Look it up
    Last edited by Tebo; August 11th, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

can you word that better so I can comment, I honestly don't understand certain shit in here, like what does jays in a jay jay made more money mean?

& a couple years ago Jay Z was making 72 mill a year, he made over 100 mill the time he sold roc a fella clothing, an Jay has made over 50+ mill a couple other years while Diddy always only makes 35 mill a year consistantly, look it up on Forbes. Look up hip hop networthes between 2007-2010, there Jay was ontop during a few of those years, I'm pretty sure in 2009 Jay was richer than Diddy, but again you can look it up yourself. There was a time Jays networth passed Diddies between 2007-2010 if not for several years.. clerly since their both at almost 500 mill & only being 25 mill apart ATM means it can fluctuate on any given year.

IDK how the fuck they keep switching the top spot back & forth, but I'm telling you they have. Look it up
    So you do understand that Networth is an evaluation of you and everything you own/the risk of everything you own.

I can own Bad Boy and it could be worth 80 million and I could sell it for that at anytime. But if the Risk of owning Bad boy is it was to crash and burn or not succeed was about a 15 million dollar lose the value according to NET WORTH would be 65 million and not 80 because Net worth includes the risk of the business I own. So you saying Jay is slipping Because his Net worth is slipping means nothing. If He is still making more each year he is obviously still going strong.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    21-6

Jayz is the better rapper

Period.

Watch the Throne..album of the decade

5 mics

xXL
    [/url]

Battle Record
    12-18

So you do understand that Networth is an evaluation of you and everything you own/the risk of everything you own.

I can own Bad Boy and it could be worth 80 million and I could sell it for that at anytime. But if the Risk of owning Bad boy is it was to crash and burn or not succeed was about a 15 million dollar lose the value according to NET WORTH would be 65 million and not 80 because Net worth includes the risk of the business I own. So you saying Jay is slipping Because his Net worth is slipping means nothing. If He is still making more each year he is obviously still going strong.
    Anyone who doesn't care how rich jay or diddy is wouldn't give a shit what I posted in the other thread. The fact you tried to twist what I said, or just didn't understand what I said there when you brought it into this thread means you may not understand what networth is.

Your only bringing up this other shit with Jay making more yearly because I provided a Forbe link proving what I said. But I guess if I'm to go literal.. if Jay Z got above Diddy, then lost his top rank... & Forbes even claiming Diddy to be the first billionaire of hip hop at this moment when they are both under 500 mill ATM, means it don't seem like Jay will be getting back to the very top of the list anytime soon. So he is slipping in the sense he ain't gonna get back to the top of the list, when he was just a year or 2 ago.

I truly give a shit less who is at the top of the list. When you own 450 mill in general, you're a winner.
    Last edited by Tebo; August 12th, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffry View Post
    yes jay-z is #1. how is pharrell in the top 20?
    producer swag
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Anyone who doesn't care how rich jay or diddy is wouldn't give a shit what I posted in the other thread. The fact you tried to twist what I said, or just didn't understand what I said there when you brought it into this thread means you may not understand what networth is.

Your only bringing up this other shit with Jay making more yearly because I provided a Forbe link proving what I said. But I guess if I'm to go literal.. if Jay Z got above Diddy, then lost his top rank... & Forbes even claiming Diddy to be the first billionaire of hip hop at this moment when they are both under 500 mill ATM, means it don't seem like Jay will be getting back to the very top of the list anytime soon. So he is slipping in the sense he ain't gonna get back to the top of the list, when he was just a year or 2 ago.

I truly give a shit less who is at the top of the list. When you own 450 mill in general, your a winner.
    No you obviously didn't say which list Diddy topped in the other thread. So fuck off, Diddy's Networth is what it is because of how they evaluate the safety of his investments vs Jay's, not because he is out earning him year after year. If Diddy out earned him yearly/annually then you could imply slippng but not until then.

Battle Record
    12-18

No you obviously didn't say which list Diddy topped in the other thread. So fuck off, Diddy's Networth is what it is because of how they evaluate the safety of his investments vs Jay's, not because he is out earning him year after year. If Diddy out earned him yearly/annually then you could imply slippng but not until then.
    So if they're both at around 450-500 mill & forbes is claiming Diddy will be a billionare b4 Jay, clearly Jay won't be beating him year after year will he?

IDK how Forbes works, you don't exactly know either. IDK as much about their financial situations as Forbes does, you don't either. We both go off Forbes because it's the most accurate site that covers this type of shit.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

So if they're both at around 450-500 mill & forbes is claiming Diddy will be a billionare b4 Jay, clearly Jay won't be beating him year after year will he?

IDK how Forbes works, you don't exactly know either. IDK as much about their financial situations as Forbes does, you don't either. We both go off Forbes because it's the most accurate site that covers this type of shit.
    No, I know the difference between total worth and net worth though. You just aren't getting it.

Your net worth is (the total value of what you own)-(the total risk of the things you own)

So if you have a business that is worth 10 million and you would lose 5 million if the business went under and you sold all the assets off the Net worth of the business is 5 million because that's what you would have if it went under and you sold the assets.

Now If you just sold it for 10 million you would be worth 10 million but you wouldn't have a yearly income.

now if I have 500 million in cash that has no risk and I have business worth 200 million but the risk is 100 million my net worth is 600 million. so my net worth my vary is some peoples eyes based on what someone assumes my risk is. It' doesn't mean I can't cash out and be worth more than my assumed net worth.
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; August 12th, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Battle Record
    12-18

No, I know the difference between total worth and net worth though. You just aren't getting it.

Your net worth is (the total value of what you own)-(the total risk of the things you own)

So if you have a business that is worth 10 million and you would lose 5 million if the business went under and you sold all the assets off the Net worth of the business is 5 million because that's what you would have if it went under and you sold the assets.

Now If you just sold it for 10 million you would be worth 10 million but you wouldn't have a yearly income.
    Your basically saying Diddies business ventures are worth more than Jays.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Your basically saying Diddies business ventures are worth more than Jays.
    I'm saying he is assumed to have "safer" investments at this point in time that's the only way you increase your net worth with out actually making more money.

and that has nothing to do with ANNUAL income, Jay has not falling off, the people at forbes simply evaluated them in a different way. And it's an assumption.