User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: levels

levels

um...what levels should my vocals be in comparison with my beat and doubles and all that...cuz my shit sounds dope and perfect in my headphones...my laptop speekers suck and i wouldnt trust them to tell me what sounds good...but on my head phones i hear me perfectly and all i hear all the time is that my vocals are way too low

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: levels

You mean while you're recording or after you're done with the mix?
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

when mixing....i used to not raaly be that bad with it because i was useing shitty mic's that made me real loud and my speakers on my old laptop were better...but now i got a snowball mic and i use coby head phones and my vocals sound good to me and then everyone says they cant hear me.....i need mixing help!

i use magix which is not a popular software to use so i cant find any youtube tutorials....

can anyone please help me

If you're new to mixing I suggest getting cool edit pro 2.0 I've been using that for 5 years and is easy to learn on. If people are having trouble hearing you you should raise the vox obviously, but it's always good to hear it on multiple stereos/ears/headphones, but I would suggest EQ-ing the beat a little bit (just a tiny bit). Sometimes I do that to get the vocals to sink into the beat.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

.....i enjoy magix i just dont understand how to mix what the appropiate levels should be....sence i dont no the standerd im haveing trouble knowing were it should be....ive used cool edit pro...i much prefer magix cuz it has alot more options....

and everything els u said was over my head

Battle Record
    3-2

have you ever listened to your own music on an actual stereo, like a home stereo or a car stereo??? if so, you'd notice what we notice... cheap headphones are almost always designed to enhance the center channel of a sound source, so that most sources sound enjoyable on 'em... that's why you're hearin' your vocals clearly... you'd be better off mixin' with your shitty pc speakers honestly... one way to know is to turn the master volume down way low, then gradually and slowly bring it up... if you hear the beat before your vocals, your vocals are too low... if you hear your vocals first, pay attention to how soon before the beat... you don't want it too soon, but just a decibel or two before the beat would be acceptable for what we're doin' here on RB anyway... this is a very rudimentary way to check your levels, but it's effective for beginners and for folks with the most basic of equipment... also, it's good to check your mix on other speakers... if you think you got it, burn it to disc and play it somewhere else, in a car or a home stereo or in various car stereos... give you a better idea where you're at...

^^^
    thanks...