User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6
Showing results 76 to 80 of 80

Thread: Working out is pissin me off !!!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Working out is pissin me off !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay. View Post
    my main focusing is losing weight and toning up, so how can i ignore it???
    And P90X is a monster. I aint on that level of patience yet.
    You have to ignore it because your weight is no indication of how much fat you're burning. This is why you have to rely on BMI and measurements. You're not trying to lose weight. You're trying to burn fat. If you're working out and losing tons of weight then you're doing it wrong or you weigh 400lbs.

I'm close to 300lbs, so P90X is a real bitch. But it's working. I need something that will beat me a million times before I beat it or I'll get bored and go back to cheese burgers.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    btw Jay, I wasn't really taking a stab at you man.

Your weight loss is going to be nutrition dependant just like any other fitness oriented goal.

No matter how much you exercise and workout, if your diet isn't where it's supposed to be then you won't be putting much of a dent in anything.
    That's one of the things I like about P90X. The nutrition and fitness plans go hand in hand. It's such a well-rounded program. Tough as he'll tho.

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

Re: Working out is pissin me off !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    That's one of the things I like about P90X. The nutrition and fitness plans go hand in hand. It's such a well-rounded program. Tough as he'll tho.
    Agreed, I've heard way too many success stories to deny that it works.

Also, ignoring the scale is a great point. Too many things can alter your weight on a daily, even hourly basis. Water intake, sodium intake, and even bowel movements. There's no point in keeping an eye on the scale, rather you should focus your attention more so on the measurements or mirror.

As far as monitoring BMI, I wouldn't go that far either. BMI does not take into account age, gender, or muscle mass. Nor does it distinguish between lean body mass and fat mass. As a result, some people, such as heavily muscled athletes, may have a high BMI even though they don't have a high percentage of body fat. In others, such as elderly people, BMI may appear normal even though muscle has been lost with aging.

Basically, consistency is key and the mirror/measurements will prove it.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Agreed, I've heard way too many success stories to deny that it works.

Also, ignoring the scale is a great point. Too many things can alter your weight on a daily, even hourly basis. Water intake, sodium intake, and even bowel movements. There's no point in keeping an eye on the scale, rather you should focus your attention more so on the measurements or mirror.

As far as monitoring BMI, I wouldn't go that far either. BMI does not take into account age, gender, or muscle mass. Nor does it distinguish between lean body mass and fat mass. As a result, some people, such as heavily muscled athletes, may have a high BMI even though they don't have a high percentage of body fat. In others, such as elderly people, BMI may appear normal even though muscle has been lost with aging.

Basically, consistency is key and the mirror/measurements will prove it.
    I kept saying BMI, but what I meant was body fat percentage. Measuring body fat with a caliper. I don't even do it yet because I've got a serious gut, but I take the measurements.

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

Re: Working out is pissin me off !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    I kept saying BMI, but what I meant was body fat percentage. Measuring body fat with a caliper. I don't even do it yet because I've got a serious gut, but I take the measurements.
    When measuring body fat with calipers, the accuracy of it depends on not only test administration, but quality of calipers (for instance, metal is more accurate than plastic), and choice of equation. Under ideal conditions, caliper-tests predict fat percentage within plus or minus 3.5 percent of your true body composition, as defined by ACSM.