User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: Working out is pissin me off !!!

Angry Working out is pissin me off !!!

Im definitely getting stronger in the gym and lasting longer on the court playin b-ball but Im not seeing any results on the scale. I weigh myself like once a month and Ive lost like 5 lbs in 2 months but I been bustin my ass and eating right. The only alternative is to take pills but I hate feeding my body meds and chemicals.....

shyts annoying!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: Working out is pissin me off !!!

I haven't worked out a day in my life, not saying exercise is bad, but fuck lifting weights, just go play a sport with your homies.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1

muscle confusion...

and consistency is key...

keep at it...

also what are your eating habits like?

you ALSO have to realize that while you're losing fat you're gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat..

as long as you're feeling the results..and possibly seeing them (clothes fitting loose) you're good, bitch

Shadow, you gotta lift weights fam. Keeps the matabolism in check and helps you push niggas around when you drive to the hole.

RXL, someone was tellin me about Muscle Confusion, but Im good with my work out. It may just be the muscle gain, plus the weekend cheat-days I have. I feel the results, I just dont see em on the scale.

Your Opinion Dont Count RomesBurning's Avatar

define eating "right"

if your cutting calories you could be making it hard for your body to retain any lean mass and causing your body to go catabolic and store fat.

and what type of work outs are you doing?

Endurance work outs like push ups, crunches, jogging etc build slow twitch muscle fibers which use fatty acids as their main source of energy.

if your lifting heavy weights (anything u can only hit 10 or less times) your working fast twitch muscle fibers which use carbohydrates as their main source of energy.

you also need to make sure your getting a good amount of protein (1g per lbs of bodyweight) that has a good amino acid profile, w a multi vitamin to make sure your metabolism is working optimally.

what you should be doing is actually trying to gain lean weight, because lean mass burns more calories to sustain itself, eating more protein and fats will speed your metabolism up, as long as you are active enough to use more calories than you take in.

THE MASTERS & THE MASSES, One Has P O W E R ; The Other One LACKS IT

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Awards 75+ Wins

Working out is pissin me off !!!

I'm having kinda the same problem

I'm not eating right

I know ric told me to eat like every two hours cuz in trying to gain muscle weight.

Just worked out today and already took about 50g protein

Bout to eat some chicken lol

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay. View Post
    Shadow, you gotta lift weights fam. Keeps the matabolism in check and helps you push niggas around when you drive to the hole.
    Man I hated driving to the hole. My bitch lived like an hour away.. by the time I got there, my hard on was gone. You need to get a chick that lives closer to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaserBeamVoice View Post
    define eating "right"

if your cutting calories you could be making it hard for your body to retain any lean mass and causing your body to go catabolic and store fat.

and what type of work outs are you doing?

Endurance work outs like push ups, crunches, jogging etc build slow twitch muscle fibers which use fatty acids as their main source of energy.

if your lifting heavy weights (anything u can only hit 10 or less times) your working fast twitch muscle fibers which use carbohydrates as their main source of energy.

you also need to make sure your getting a good amount of protein (1g per lbs of bodyweight) that has a good amino acid profile, w a multi vitamin to make sure your metabolism is working optimally.

what you should be doing is actually trying to gain lean weight, because lean mass burns more calories to sustain itself, eating more protein and fats will speed your metabolism up, as long as you are active enough to use more calories than you take in.
    We have a trainer in the buildin!! LOL!!

Im not really lifting heavy. I lift more for endurance and definition.

You mentioned multi-vitamins. Is that the same as One-a-day vitamins? Whats a good type/ brand to buy?

Styles, I feel you dog. Every two hours is dramatic to me, but it is effective.

^ yeah, thats basically what you need to do so thats good advice.

also try doing lower reps in your sets and lifting slower

for example on a bench press you would do 1 second down, 4 seconds up..

& only hit the weights you can hit 4-6 times..

because thats perfect to build the muscular tension necessary to cause hypertrophy (muscle growth)

because thats perfect to build the muscular tension necessary to cause hypertrophy (muscle growth)

Elevated like Seagulls El Heisenberg's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

jay wat is yur weekly workout schedule and daily log with reps, sets, time @ gym homie

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaserBeamVoice View Post

aight, no doubt. its just just hard to pace yourself like, but i guess thats the purpose. lifting slow sucks but you can really feel that burn.

Tech, you a fool for that... lol

Quote Originally Posted by @JayoMayo View Post
    jay wat is yur weekly workout schedule and daily log with reps, sets, time @ gym homie
    I ball Sun, Mon, Tues.

Full body work out = Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat

Im on this training circuit so my reps/ sets change weekly. I tend to increase/ decrease weight bi-weekly for upper body.

Lower body stays the same until then end of the 8-weeks. Then i increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay. View Post
    We have a trainer in the buildin!! LOL!!

Im not really lifting heavy. I lift more for endurance and definition.

You mentioned multi-vitamins. Is that the same as One-a-day vitamins? Whats a good type/ brand to buy?

Styles, I feel you dog. Every two hours is dramatic to me, but it is effective.
    yeah, but I would add B complex to that, most multi's dont include B complex but its important as hellll, especially to a high protein diet because Amino acids in the protein will usually need B vitamins to be absorbed right and the aminos are a very underrated part of the process..

theres aminos like tyrosine, tryptophan & glutamine that are good for neurotransmitter production and will actually make you more focused and put you in a better mood..

Then theres BCAA's which are the specific aminos used to create muscle..

& theres aminons also that produce Human Growth Hormone & cause u to add muscle wayyyy faster..

Thats why high protein diets are the shit, When im not getting enough protein i feel weak n tired.. but when im getting the right amount i feel awesome, my skin even looks better..

as for eating every 2 hours you should try just having ur 3 main meals every 4 hours, then some type of high protein snack like a slim jim or almonds or something in between meals..

oh and creatine is the shit.. its cheap, you find it anywhere and it WORKS..