Thread: Fuck College

Battle Record
    12-18

Re: Fuck College

dbl post

Battle Record
    12-18

You know there are truckers who make 80-150k+ a year right?

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    You know there are truckers who make 80-150k+ a year right?
    yeah they do....

but they also spend 9/10 days away from their home and family...

you could make the same amount with a degree and still have time for your family and recreational time...

a 9-5 making 150,000 a year, or a 25 day a month straight work making 150,000 a year....

id choose the 9-5...

theres plenty of jobs you can get and make tons of money without school....but for the most part, they engulf your whole life and leave little room for anything but the job....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your Opinion Dont Count RomesBurning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menace II Society View Post
    I love how TJayMac firmly believes in YouTube videos.. Lmao.

Is that your idea of an education?
    this

THE MASTERS & THE MASSES, One Has P O W E R ; The Other One LACKS IT

Battle Record
    12-18

Quote Originally Posted by Boobs View Post
    yeah they do....

but they also spend 9/10 days away from their home and family...

you could make the same amount with a degree and still have time for your family and recreational time...

a 9-5 making 150,000 a year, or a 25 day a month straight work making 150,000 a year....

id choose the 9-5...

theres plenty of jobs you can get and make tons of money without school....but for the most part, they engulf your whole life and leave little room for anything but the job....
    I agree 100%. I was just saying they do make good money. Truckers are such a bad example for comparing to another job you go to school for, since both technically require some sorte of course(s). But yeah, somthing that paid just as well & was 9-5 would be alot more convenient to say the least

I think what TJayMac was trying to explain is atleast here in Canada, you can get trade jobs here without taking courses as long as you got 3-5 yrs of experience, by that I mean getting paid as much as someone with the certificates...unless it's somthing like an electrician or plumber... You're right tho.. to get the experience to begin with you usually gotta know someone or start at the bottom as a labour worker

Either way, IDK how the states works but you can get free schooling/courses you wanna take while working at alot of different jobs that require nothing more than Gr 12... working while going to school free (or at the very least get to knock 5-12k off a year) > going to school on student loans
    Last edited by Tebo; August 5th, 2011 at 02:06 PM

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMetric View Post
    not saying not to go.. just trying to show how pricing is inflated beyond anything.... how they keep on going up...... and how it might not be worth it if your going to have to take a big loan... heck if i had the money I'd love to go to college... heck if i want to take pre-music-production course, that's like 2-3k here 1 year.... not including food or rent.. and then if I want the real thing i could prob expect 20-40k 4 years thing, I'm just assuming... without rent and food of course.... there's a lot of other courses too...but then you got to consider, how much you could of also made if you got yourself a good job without college and worked 4 years... and then ask yourself if it's worth it.. if there an alternative way to learn it if you really want to.... books, online videos, people in the trade etc....

lmao again, can you teach me how to be a neurosurgeon through youtube?
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! HipHopCrash's Avatar

This video has both good parts and bad ones, like any video.
    THis could be summed up really fast. The people who run the colleges are only after money ... 95% of the cases and it's almost not affordable for most of us.
    But in many cases you still get off better with a college degree in my opinion. Unless you are a genius in business, plus have a lot of luck with the risks you are taking, especially at the beginning.

BTW the IDEAS this guy has, for a 4 hour work week were MIND BLOWING for me, you might want to check it out if you are curious.

[YOUTUBE]wX3eJRwJqlc[/YOUTUBE]
    Get over 10 FREE BEATS just for visiting!

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    2-13

Quote Originally Posted by Spanj-vation View Post
    lmao again, can you teach me how to be a neurosurgeon through youtube?
    no, but it does require university I think, and that's like twice the price of college...