User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 68

Thread: Fuck College

Re: Fuck College

Quote Originally Posted by .iQ View Post
    I can picture mac going into an interview and referencing youtube on his resume on the educations section.
    I lol'd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
    I lol'd
    x2'd
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

What's so funny about that?

Do you realize there are a ton of facts and true educational videos on Youtube?

Lol. Youtube is Wikipedia's younger, fun-loving brother.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Donald Trump's Avatar
    Battle Record
    162-14
    Awards 150+ Wins FL Tournament Winner PC HOF FL Champion

and do you realize that for every educational video there is there are about 5 more that are retarded? but I agree youtube is like wikipedia lol

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
    small minority, and many of them could have arguably achieved more with a better education.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    2-13

Quote Originally Posted by Spanj-vation View Post
    tjay is beyond dumb

if you want to in-debt yourself for life and keep on believing bullshit stats.... then go ahead... you'll have college plus a new house if ever you plan on to buy one.... with these ridiculous inflation..... go ahead... you'd be better off learning how business work and making a company... but either way they're basically 0% to climb the pyramid, even with the best education around... you'd prob start at somewhere like 18-20$ strait out of college... and that if you can find a good job and depending what your taking... either way your in debt for a long time... think of it..
    Last edited by AlphaMetric; August 5th, 2011 at 03:12 AM

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMetric View Post
    if you want to in-debt yourself for life and keep on believing bullshit stats.... then go ahead... you'll have college plus a new house if ever you plan on to buy one.... with these ridiculous inflation..... go ahead... you'd be better off learning how business work and making a company... but either way they're basically 0% to climb the pyramid, even with the best education around... you'd prob start at somewhere like 18-20$ strait out of college... and that if you can find a good job and depending what your taking... either way your in debt for a long time... think of it..
    who says I want to major in business?

it's funny, the person who needs to be going to school is telling people not to.
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    1-1

yea tjay with ur bitch ass

Battle Record
    2-13

Quote Originally Posted by Spanj-vation View Post
    who says I want to major in business?

it's funny, the person who needs to be going to school is telling people not to.
    not saying not to go.. just trying to show how pricing is inflated beyond anything.... how they keep on going up...... and how it might not be worth it if your going to have to take a big loan... heck if i had the money I'd love to go to college... heck if i want to take pre-music-production course, that's like 2-3k here 1 year.... not including food or rent.. and then if I want the real thing i could prob expect 20-40k 4 years thing, I'm just assuming... without rent and food of course.... there's a lot of other courses too...but then you got to consider, how much you could of also made if you got yourself a good job without college and worked 4 years... and then ask yourself if it's worth it.. if there an alternative way to learn it if you really want to.... books, online videos, people in the trade etc....

Battle Record
    0-2

you know, if it takes a $40,000 debt that i need to pay off, to double, triple, quadruple maybe more, my lifes income....then that would be perfectly fine with me...

take it from me TJay....your speaking to someone whos experienced what its like to not seek an education....im still suffering the results of it....
    i know a ton of shit, about a ton of different subjects for the fact that i like to learn....
    theres plenty of jobs i could do with little to no training....

but that doesent matter....because i have no formal education.....i could have more knowledge on a subject than a guy with a masters, and that wouldnt matter...because he has the papers to prove it..

usually, the only way you get a job that requires an education, without formally getting that education and proving you have the knowledge, is by knowing someone....
    for instance, i spoke about what i can do with computers....
    theres a computer shop about 5 minutes from here...had a close friend that worked there like 8 years, WITHOUT college....and now from that experience hes working for IBM.....
    i asked him to put in good word for me at the computer shop, and he did....but the guy still didnt hire me....do you know why that is???
    because he hired a man with a college education to do the same job....
    i didnt know the owner of th ecomputer shop...never met him....even an employee of 8 years good word did not over rule the fact that i dont have the formal education to ensure my work....

all in all, it IS possible to get a good job without college....but its not probable....
    your chances are greatly increased....and college debt, compared to an extra 20,000 to 200,000 dollars a year in income is a very worthy debt to carry and pay on....

Battle Record
    12-18

if you have a criminal record you can't wipe clean, don't bother with college

you'll never get a job.. cus like Toobs said, anywhere that cares about a degree... most likely won't hire you if you got a criminal record

unless your going to be some welder or truck driver in some labour ridden oil fields

Battle Record
    2-13

Quote Originally Posted by Boobs View Post
    you know, if it takes a $40,000 debt that i need to pay off, to double, triple, quadruple maybe more, my lifes income....then that would be perfectly fine with me...

take it from me TJay....your speaking to someone whos experienced what its like to not seek an education....im still suffering the results of it....
    i know a ton of shit, about a ton of different subjects for the fact that i like to learn....
    theres plenty of jobs i could do with little to no training....

but that doesent matter....because i have no formal education.....i could have more knowledge on a subject than a guy with a masters, and that wouldnt matter...because he has the papers to prove it..

usually, the only way you get a job that requires an education, without formally getting that education and proving you have the knowledge, is by knowing someone....
    for instance, i spoke about what i can do with computers....
    theres a computer shop about 5 minutes from here...had a close friend that worked there like 8 years, WITHOUT college....and now from that experience hes working for IBM.....
    i asked him to put in good word for me at the computer shop, and he did....but the guy still didnt hire me....do you know why that is???
    because he hired a man with a college education to do the same job....
    i didnt know the owner of th ecomputer shop...never met him....even an employee of 8 years good word did not over rule the fact that i dont have the formal education to ensure my work....

all in all, it IS possible to get a good job without college....but its not probable....
    your chances are greatly increased....and college debt, compared to an extra 20,000 to 200,000 dollars a year in income is a very worthy debt to carry and pay on....
    that's only if you get it, you won't be the only one looking for the 200k job..... and some courses go up to 35k a year... ouch..... plus your rent and food and other money to party with, buy weed, booze..... prob about an extra 10k or more a year... and this isn't even counting interest yet.... prob another 5-10k for interest over the years.... man it can come up to a lot.... and just imagine the stressed you'd get if you didn't get your job you wanted and somebody else did... and having to work minimum wage... you'd go nuts, you wouldn't have much to spend on yourself once your loan payment done... or if you can get 20$ that be better also, but you don't need college for 20$ an hours, couple years work experience, with good boss quality can get you a good job if you know where the money at, construction, manufacturing, steel, trucker, miner, landscaping etc..... if you got to move states to get your 20-30$ an hours, don't you think it's worth it?

Battle Record
    12-18

Alot of jobs that don't require anything will pay for you to go to school as well... even somthing as common as a grocery store minimum wage job, they will 100% pay for you to take courses in school

Atleast in Canada

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMetric View Post
    that's only if you get it, you won't be the only one looking for the 200k job..... and some courses go up to 35k a year... ouch..... plus your rent and food and other money to party with, buy weed, booze..... prob about an extra 10k or more a year... and this isn't even counting interest yet.... prob another 5-10k for interest over the years.... man it can come up to a lot.... and just imagine the stressed you'd get if you didn't get your job you wanted and somebody else did... and having to work minimum wage... you'd go nuts, you wouldn't have much to spend on yourself once your loan payment done... or if you can get 20$ that be better also, but you don't need college for 20$ an hours, couple years work experience, with good boss quality can get you a good job if you know where the money at, construction, manufacturing, steel, trucker, miner, landscaping etc..... if you got to move states to get your 20-30$ an hours, don't you think it's worth it?
    lol@calculating party money into your debts...
    first off man, forget the partying....that takes you nowhere....as ive said, i sold mad drugs through the years...i made mad money....and have nothing to show for it...i couldve taken that money and went to college instead of ballin and partying....instead of droppin 21,000 on a car, i could have dropped 21,000 on an education....and i wouldnt be where im at today.....id being dropping 50,000 on a car....it would have continued the cash flow...

you also mentioned, in your own all over the place indirect words, that your quality of life will be affected through the time your paying off your student loans....
    well guess what, anyone in their right mind would live a bit more humble for a few years, to be able to live much greater for the rest of their years after those few...its a very sensible thing to do...
    my quality of life is already shitty without having to pay off loans.... the shitty quality of life for a few years could have been for a good reason....but instead its for not getting a formal education....and there is no objective behind...im broke, just because...

and no, your not GUARANTEED a job with a college degree....but more than likely, your going to get one....especially if your smart in which courses you take....
    i can GUARANTEE you this though, your not going to get the job without that degree either....

construction, manufacturing, steel, trucker, miner, landscaping
    why do you keep naming jobs that generally dont require an education???? you mentioned farming last time....
    it makes no sense to compare those jobs to what a college degree can get you...

who do you think is making more money yearly, a trucker, or a network security analyst???

a landscaper or a computer programmer???

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    if you have a criminal record you can't wipe clean, don't bother with college

you'll never get a job.. cus like Toobs said, anywhere that cares about a degree... most likely won't hire you if you got a criminal record

unless your going to be some welder or truck driver in some labour ridden oil fields
    nobody aid anything about criminal records...
    i have one misdemeanor on my adult record...i dont get these jobs because i dont have the diplomas...