User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6
Showing results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: First hand gun

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Re: First hand gun

As an avid gun supporter. . . I honestly think guns are worthless for self protection.

From 20 feet away a person can get to you and stab ur ass up before you even react fast enough to draw your weapon.

If someone attacks you, they are going to blind side you and more then likely, hit you with something, or stab you, then take your gun away. . shoot you. . then use it to go shoot someone else.

If you are at home, and you hear noises. . sure, grab a gun

If you are walking around on the street. . get a combat knife and learn what arteries you need to stab!!!! WAY MORE EFFECTIVE

even pepper spray is more effective then a hand gun in most situations.

Like i said. . if someone is going to threaten your life, they most likely aren't going to do it from 50 feet away and give you a heads up that you are about to be attacked. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Boobs View Post
    lmao

man YOUR the one who said that a .22 will go right through somebody....

you were the idiot in this instance....
    Ummm hmmmm, I sure did...

I was talking about the velocity of the bullet, not a .22 in itself.

As a rule of thumb, the faster the bullet travels, the less damage it will do...
    That is what I was trying to get across, but whatever...

I forgot that I was dealing with trained experts and my 21 years of experience
    With guns is null and void. It's ok though, I have been outsmarted by a gun genius.
    I forgot who I was debating with. I should have known. Sucks that .22's have to hit bone
    In order to 'bounce around" though... Y'all ever go squirrel hunting? It's easy to
    See the actual damage that .22's actually inflict in soft tissue verses a larger caliber
    Gun... You should see for yourself... Then maybe y'all will understand.

Y'all have fun with your .22's... But I'll keep my .45...
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    12-8

My .40 is still sexier..

*understands that they look exactly the same*

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Lol. Almost... The base of your clip is different though.
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    2-8

Kayge, your logic is faulty. Since the conception of projectile weaponry, humans have feared it unquestionably. The only difference a weapon's intimidation or effectiveness has on a victim is intent. For example, someone might kill several people with their bare hands, it's not the weapon that instills fear it is intention. As for your theory of twenty feet...challenge accepted.
    The Book Of Isaiah 54:17

Never been Str.Anger, when I'm ejecting 'primed' danger
    K keep you familiar with 'streets named [Anger]'

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by KANNABULL View Post
    Kayge, your logic is faulty. Since the conception of projectile weaponry, humans have feared it unquestionably. The only difference a weapon's intimidation or effectiveness has on a victim is intent. For example, someone might kill several people with their bare hands, it's not the weapon that instills fear it is intention. As for your theory of twenty feet...challenge accepted.
    your logic is absolutely misconstrued.

If you have a concealed weapons licence, you are not displaying a fire arm to the public. It is hidden on your person.

If im a robber, im not going to announce that im going to rob you before i do it. Im going to blind side you, bash your head with a brick and steel what ever i can find including your gun.

you guys who think you are safe walking around with a gun for self protection dont understand that guns are only helpful in resolving altercations you SEE COMING!

If i see a guy breaking into my car, sure i can run up on him, display my firearm and diffuse the situation.

If im getting in my car, and some random dude from out of no-where hits me in the head with a bat . . then my fire arm is worthless in the situation.

Sure, guns have an intimidation factor, but if its concealed. . how do you expect people to be 'intimidated'?

As for your theory of twenty feet...challenge accepted.
    From 20 feet away i can make it to you and will have stabbed at least 1 major artery. . even if you drew your weapon, fired, and landed fatal shots, I would have inflicted my damage and you would have about 3 1/2 minutes to get to a hospital before you bleed out.

And this scenario is considering, you are in stance, ready to draw your weapon and fire, while having prior knowledge that i am fixing to attack you.

I work for a Sheriff's office. I have personally participated in the demonstration. Both as the knife wielder and the gun man.
    Last edited by Nohbody; August 5th, 2011 at 02:52 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-8

^His theory of 20 feet is actually known to be true. In MP school you're taught that if someone comes at you from 15 or 20 feet (forget which) with a knife, you try to defend the attack WHILE drawing, because if you just stand there and draw down on someone who has experience in handling knives, they'll slice the fuck out of you first.

Battle Record
    3-1

further more, most people dont know close technical combat with fire arms. this should be a requirement since most altercations occur from striking range.

You need to train to fire that weapon while its pressed against your stomach, or how to properly defend someone in the event they grab your fire arm.

aint nobody grabbing the tip of a knife lol

Battle Record
    2-8

Intention is all that matters, your point is valid, that is not the argument it is your logic I dispute. Your claiming it takes over three seconds to aim and shoot a bullet. Rifles are not concealable...even more further furthermore the training exercise you are reffering to is actually used in the military. CCQ-Extremely effective. Your faulty logical statement is clearly in refference to civilians defending themselves not soldiers. FURTHER FURTHER FURTHER more if I see someone with a knife and they are twenty feet away I simply walk backwards while drawing my weapon.
    The Book Of Isaiah 54:17

Never been Str.Anger, when I'm ejecting 'primed' danger
    K keep you familiar with 'streets named [Anger]'

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by KANNABULL View Post
    Intention is all that matters, your point is valid, that is not the argument it is your logic I dispute.
    you actually dont even really know what you are arguing

lets rewind a bit shall we

OP - I want a hand gun
    (conversation of concealed weapon/carry comes up

ME - for protection on the street its more effective to just carry a knife

You - your logic is invalid

ME - ?????????

Your claiming it takes over three seconds to aim and shoot a bullet.
    no im not, your saying i said that.

What i KNOW, is that from a distance of 20 feet, your typical persons reaction timing is not enough to un-holster a firearm and properly defend yourself, when someone is wielding a knife toward you.

Thats not my logic or theory, that is proven FACT

Rifles are not concealable...even more further furthermore the training exercise you are reffering to is actually used in the military.
    Military receives a lot of its basic training from tactical agencies like S.W.A.T. It dont just mean it applies to swat or military. Its an every day excercise that applies in both society and on battle fields

I understand rifles are not concealable. But the discussion at hand was indeed about 'Concealed Weapons' for the purpose of self protection.

CCQ-Extremely effective. Your faulty logical statement is clearly in refference to civilians defending themselves not soldiers.
    again. . you are just wayyyyyyyy off course. nobody is talking about military situations. . we are talking about average people in every day life situations. pump your brakes and keep up with the topic my man.

FURTHER FURTHER FURTHER more if I see someone with a knife and they are twenty feet away I simply walk backwards while drawing my weapon.
    if I see someone with a knife

in most situations, you react in striking range. Nobody is going to reveal their weapon until they are engaging. No one is going to engage you from across a parking lot. . .
    Last edited by Nohbody; August 5th, 2011 at 04:18 PM

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

you guys are stewpid

haven't you watched samurai X? you always block with your bare hand.
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Spanj-vation View Post
    you guys are stewpid

haven't you watched samurai X? you always block with your bare hand.

go back to OM . . . you have threads to lock

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kayge View Post

go back to OM . . . you have threads to lock
    *checks om*

i see you have something open

*closed*
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    12-8

Lmao.