User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 89

Thread: First hand gun

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Re: First hand gun

Glocks are reliable, easy to use and has tons of accessories . . .

I own a Glock 19 and if i had to do all over again, i would get a Springfield XD (4" barrel). More accurate, and you dont have to worry about slide bite.

Other then that, for reliability . . . my favorite gun is and always will be my S&W 686 .357 revolver

At the range, grab up some Magnum rounds when you want to have a little fun, and load .38 rounds when shooting on a budget.

heres my toys

Russian SKS with the bayonet . .

and no collection is complete without the trusty old AR-15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    0-2

that revolver is sexy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by Kayge View Post
    Russian SKS with the bayonet . .
    Holy fuck your form is allll fucked up. Tuck in your fucking elbow lol.

@Spoken.. I can see where you're coming from. But my 24/7's sole purpose is to put someone on their back, other than the 1 or 2 times a year I take it to the range just to throw some lead.

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Holy fuck your form is allll fucked up. Tuck in your fucking elbow lol.
    lol

I actually wasnt even shooting that day. . we just put adjustable sites on it and was just lining them up.

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Color
    Taurus 1911 would be a good 9mm. ILL's taurus is a piece of shit... fine for at home, but if you take it to the range, shit can fail when you need it.
    Piece of shit? No. They're not target guns.. that's for sure. They're home protection guns. Guns that when needed in an emergency, will be used at close quarters. I love my 24/7.
    When I took the concealed pistol course to get my carry license, I actually was doin damage on that target. I've never been a sight user though, maybe thats the difference. But yes, the gun is loud as fuck... Got quite a bit of power.

Add & Follow

·

Battle Record
    3-6

You could get the Taurus Judge it shoots 410 shotty shells and .357 shells too. its concealable and its a beasty gun.
    ~WV~

~IP~

Battle Record
    15-7

Diamondback DB380

Packs a nice punch.
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

XD-40 is godly. Agree with the dude who mentioned it.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by ILLunatic View Post
    I got a Taurus 24/7 Pro DS .40 cal
    .40 cal is ok, buy not a lot of knockdown power (what you want when dealing with home defense.).
    I have Taurus 24/7 pro ds .45 that I carry on me. Damned good gun that doesn't fuck with your aiming
    Like the small grip of a glock.

DayumNation

Battle Record
    1-1

glocks jam too much. S&W would be a good place to look if you have the money. just about any gun that i've shot from them has been great. Taurus also makes really great handguns and usually are less expensive. remember with a gun you get what you paid for most the time. you need something that is gonna be reliable at a moments notice. if this gun is for home safety then buying something that is prone to jamming is a bad idea. it may only jam up once.. but what if that time is when someone is standing in your living room after breaking in ?

also i would suggest a .45 caliber. but it really is up to you. we can't tell you what YOU would feel the most comfortable shooting. go to a firing range and try as many guns as you can out. that is the only real way to find something you are comfortable with.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

Quote Originally Posted by FPS Cuba View Post
    glocks jam too much. S&W would be a good place to look if you have the money. just about any gun that i've shot from them has been great. Taurus also makes really great handguns and usually are less expensive. remember with a gun you get what you paid for most the time. you need something that is gonna be reliable at a moments notice. if this gun is for home safety then buying something that is prone to jamming is a bad idea. it may only jam up once.. but what if that time is when someone is standing in your living room after breaking in ?

also i would suggest a .45 caliber. but it really is up to you. we can't tell you what YOU would feel the most comfortable shooting. go to a firing range and try as many guns as you can out. that is the only real way to find something you are comfortable with.
    Never had my glock jam. My Glock 21 has had probably 1000 rounds through it, and it's never had issue.
    My taurus 1911 was pretty great, but I fucking hate anything that isn't a baretta replica from them, lol.
    Sig and Springfield are class imo.

But Quo is correct. Figure out how much you money you wanna spend, and then try them out at ranges. And if you're going to carry, for god sakes take a class.

Battle Record
    3-1

yea, i dont know about glocks jamming. Mine jammed once but only when using some cheap walmart remington ammo

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Color View Post
    Never had my glock jam. My Glock 21 has had probably 1000 rounds through it, and it's never had issue.
    My taurus 1911 was pretty great, but I fucking hate anything that isn't a baretta replica from them, lol.
    Sig and Springfield are class imo.

But Quo is correct. Figure out how much you money you wanna spend, and then try them out at ranges. And if you're going to carry, for god sakes take a class.
    i shoot guns as a hobby and have a pretty decent collection going. just got a russian AK about 2 months ago along with my permit to own automatic guns. i do range shooting mostly but sometimes we just go out somewhere remote and set up targets. but i have shot a few glocks in my day and only had an issue once. but i have friends who call them crap and have talked to many many people who say they have all had them jam. i just don't see the point in taking a risk, but if that is the gun he is comfortable with then that is the one he should get.

when buying a handgun you want to think about size, weight, and then actual performance. you want something that you are very comfortable with while not firing. if it's too heavy your aim is off. if it's too big likewise. you gotta find the best fit for you. and try not to get something insane that will knock you backwards when you fire it. a gun you are comfortable with totting > a gun with major knockdown power.

i hate when people talk about you need knockdown power lmao. obviously they don't know enough. i can take a .22 with little to no knock down power and kill you in one shot. easily. in fact. i have one that i can put about 6-7 shots in you before you hit the ground easily. and i love it. little to no kick. it's about accuracy not knockdown power.

Battle Record
    12-8

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    Looks just like mine..

Never owned a gun, never will.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!