3 30.00%
  • H.A.S. - D.4.L. - shhhhhhh

2 20.00%
  • Jmin - without you

5 50.00%
  • TechOmega - yeah lord

0 0%
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: BOTM: Please choose your favorite Beat!

BOTM: Please choose your favorite Beat!

please vote for your favorite beat out of the 4 that have been selected below. all votes placed need to have a post on why
    voting will close on 7/29/2011
    at no circumstances can you vote for yourself or buy votes keep it fair and appreciate a good win if you are successful

JRbeats - zoner music Lazy afternoon
    [SOUNDCLICK]10788798&q[/SOUNDCLICK]

H.A.S. - D.4.L. - Shhhhhhhh
    [SOUNDCLICK]10822112&q[/SOUNDCLICK]

J-min - without you
    [SOUNDCLICK]10874318[/SOUNDCLICK]

TechOmega - yeah lord
    [SOUNDCLICK]10751092[/SOUNDCLICK]
    Last edited by Blackflags; July 21st, 2011 at 06:13 PM
    Youtube - JMIN SCHOBS
    Spotify - JMIN SCHOBS
    AMAZON - JMIN SCHOBS
    AppleMusic - JMIN MUSIC
    Ect...... JMIN SCHOBS

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: BOTM: Please choose your favorite Beat!

JR got a real dope vibe to it, cool sample, the percussion instruments got a nice live drums sound to 'em that I like, especially the hats and cymbal... dope beat, this dude is comin' up...

H.A.S. got a whole different kinda vibe... dope choir sample and strings, real nice bass line and the drums are straight... bouncy vibe, shit is pretty hot...

J-Min got a dope melody, drums come in hard and give it that dark, emotional vibe... slow tempo with a jazzy kinda sound, real clean, nice transitions...

Tech got a rider vibe to it, comes in smooth and mellow then hits and gets your head noddin'... cool with the cymbal crashes and the kicks makes me wanna spit some venom on it...

overall I'm feelin' JR the most, but these are all good choices... I think Tech could use some better VSTs and J-Min could use maybe a bridge of some sort after each hook before the next verse... dope beats though, all y'all...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

JR's beat is dope and has a good vibe to it. It's nice and jazzy and chill and has nice instrumentation and sampling. The sampling on the hook really fit. The drums sound live, but some of the cymbals sounds computerized to me. I liked all the layers to. It made it easier to listen to as opposed to a loop. I also liked how it switched at the chorus. It sounds really professional, and I like that. And I liked the cut-off as opposed to a fade out.

The Human Audio System beat was different. It was darker. I also like the forte-pianos from the trombone section. The strings sounded really cool and sound very human. But the actual sound quality of the instruments kind of lacked. They didn't sound real to me. The drums sounded real, but the tempo was to steady for it to have been played live, in my opinion. The vocal samples were really hot and they fit perfectly. The viola lick was also really cool. Also a very dope beat. I just can't imagine someone rapping over it. To me, it's an instrumental song.

The J-Min beat sounded cool. The drums didn't sound real to me and that's the first thing I noticed. The low harpsichord sound was also a bit slow I think. The piano sounded cool and wasn't all up in your face. I think it could have been balanced out more tho. The bass was to quiet, and it was a really good bass part. The harpsichord mostly came out in my left head phone, so that could have used some panning. The piano also also hit in my left ear mostly and could have been panned a bit more to the right. It also felt like it was going to slow down, but didn't. And I think it could have faded out as opposed to randomly ending.

I didn't really care for the intro bit that much. The sampling fit, but I didn't really like it. The drums were to loud and most of the melody was in my left ear. So that definitely should have been panned out. It also just seemed a bit boring to me. And the main sample didn't sound right to me. And the spots where there's the crash on all 4 beats didn't really fit to me and was more of an annoyance. The sampling at the end was kind of busy. And the crash cymbals where to loud and had a bit to much bass to them in my opinion.

So overall, the JR beat is the better choice in my opinion. I can really imagine someone spitting something chill over it, the panning was decent. The drum pattern was interesting and it had the best sampling. But I heard dopeness all around. All the beats were great, I just think the JR is by-far the best. Then the HAS beat, the J-Min beat and finally the Tech Beat. The way you placed them fits.

jrbeats - the beat was nice executed with some great instrument usage. deffo a nice chilled vibe to it. the intro witht he vocals was a nice touch.
    mixing was on point.
    i love the real drums nicely arranged

H.A.S - this is some raw underground style beat somink i cud deffo see sticking out on an album fo sho. drums could be a lil louder but thats just being really picky. i like the subtle male orchestral choir samples.

Tech - got some nice chilled gangter type beat this the sorta track your likely to have smashing out ya whip..
    transitions are nice and the samples are nicely formed..

H.A.S just takes this one by an inch all great tracks but i just enjoyed this one that lil bit more!

V/ H.A.S
    Youtube - JMIN SCHOBS
    Spotify - JMIN SCHOBS
    AMAZON - JMIN SCHOBS
    AppleMusic - JMIN MUSIC
    Ect...... JMIN SCHOBS

Battle Record
    0-1

JR Beats- beat is good has a cool vibe to it...def feeling it... real chill..like the hook its a lazy afternoon... dope beat.
    8/10

H.A.S- I like this digging it... starts off cool...really liking it at 1:48.. and on...dope beat
    7.5/10

Jmin- Feeling the piano.. its dope.... cool how it starts... this is hot....i dunno why but i can picture krs one on this.. that would sound dope... this beat is my favorite so far....
    really digging this...

9/10

Tech Omega- intro is cool... this is good.. feeling this had me nodding my head... i like this

7/10

Vote- JMin

J-min. The first one was to mainstreamy for my taste, the second had the right idea but was kind of low quality. Tech had some dope shit, like his taste in hip-hop.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

v/techomega

had that old just blaze feel to it dope chops slick drums and wasnt slammed with limiter.

Mhmm.

i didnt make the cut? fuck u guys! lol
    jmin gets my vote anyways.

-Marvelous-
    Battle Record
    58-10
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion GFX HOF - Award Request Accepted SOTW ABL Champion FL HOF VBL Champion - VBL Champion AOTM AOTW FL Champion

j mins honestly jumped out at me the most... no hate to the others all were prety crazy and i find in amazing how u guys make beats.. but j min jus appealed to me the most. good job guys.

Battle Record
    0-2

they all sound good
    my vote goes to h.a.s

You've Earned a Custom Title!

jr beats produced the greatest feeling for me. Had that memorable appeal was prodcued in a manner that was well set up and choped. He actually made want to spit on it (which I did) and I felt it imo was the best sounding/made beat. Vote goes to jrbeats

damn this was real close. I really like JR's beat, but in the end the sample got a little repetitive... and it made me loose interest. that drum pattern is viscous tho. h.a.s.'s beat was cool, the instruments hurt my ears a little tho, i dunno what a rap song would sound like on this, sounds like movie shit... but yo i respect what you did with this, certain points of the beat are crazy dope... maybe the instruments are mixed too loud and places. j-min, i wasnt expecting this kind of beat... real slow, I could picture tech n9ne on this for some weird reason... when you switch up the sample it gets viscous with those pianos... the reason i love this beat is because i could see a lot of people rapping emo to this, when really it could be twisted around into some covered in blood... wearing a bath robe.... playin a piano type shit hahaha. dope shit. tech's beat is cool too... i dont like when beats start like this tho, it makes the fact that the beat is sampled too obvious. yoooo but when the beat drops in its fuckin nasty. yea i could definately rap to this shit. mannnn..

wow, i didnt expect these beats to be so close... all of them are dope.

to me its a tie between j-min and tech omega, but ima have to go with J-Min, i got a whole imagry in my head for that beat. wish i could vote for two people.
    Milk Man