User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Makaveli The Don - Killuminati: The 3 Day Theory

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

Makaveli The Don - Killuminati: The 3 Day Theory

This is my review of the original version of The Killuminati album. I added some of the tracks that were missing from my download and I can hook you up with them. This time, it's the 3 Day Theory, because it was finished in 3 days. Except the mixing, which took 4 days. This has some original versions of tracks from Until the End of Time, Gang Related and Better Dayz and has a previosuly unreleased track. It sounds a lot different, to me, than the retail version. It's longer and it's less gangsta and has different styles and flavors of production which give it a stronger sense of contrast which makes it sound better. And the original artwork is different. Death Row messed up the labeling. It's just Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory. The "The Don" was part of Makaveli's title.

1. Bomb First 7/10

Has a scarier intro. But it's basically the same. It's a classic diss track. And not many people know about it. But it was definitely one if my favorite tracks and a great way to start off the album. It has a tight bassline and definitely sets the tone for the album. It has some of Pac, now Makaveli and the Outlawz best verses. In this song, they diss Nas, Mobb Deep, Xzibit, Biggie and Puffy. It's one of the best disses I've heard along with Hit em Up, Dollaz + Sense and Reel Muthaphukkin Gz. This album pretty much runs together, and this one fades into Hail Mary, like in the retail version.

2. Hail May 8/10

The OG version didn't come with my tape so the fading got fucked up. But it's not much different than the retail version except it's a bit slower and the synth chords are closer together and seem a bit more raw. A horrorcore song. It's scary and has Makaveli on the hook and Prince Itaal Joe on the outro. The Outlawz verses were surprisingly good. It has some bells and a soft sub-bass as well as the synth. It has another synth lick as well. It has a scary video. It's apparently about how the Illuminati is coming from him, even tho he didn't believe in the Illuminati. So I don't know what it's about. It's supposed to fade into Krazy, but whoever leaked my version fucked it up.

3. Krazy 7/10

Different than the OG version, as it has the intro from Toss It Up, which was supposed to be a Jodeci song on their album, featuring Pac. And the bells from this song are quieter and has some brass instruments playing over it and some of the vocals seem clearer and the piano is a lot softer and you can barely hear it, because it's only in some parts. This version, in my opinion, is a lot better. It's pretty chill. And this song has the only guest verse on the album that wasn't from the Outlawz. It's from Bad Azz from the LBC Crew. He's pretty tight and his verse was pretty dope and seems a lot softer in this version and Pac has some ad libbing on his verse as well. This is a chill song to just sit back and smoke some bud to and get high. It fades into the first new track, Watch Ya Mouth.

4. Watch Ya Mouth 6/10

Has the intro from the retail of To Live & Die in L.A., but with different panning. He dissed Nas, Dr. Dre, De La Soul and some other niggas. He says how Dre takes credit for all the beats, but hasn't made any for years and how he wants the East Coast/West Coast beef to stop and that he has love for the East. The beat has a flute and a trombone and a bass. It's pretty tight.

5. To Live & Die In LA 7/10

It’s pretty much the same as the retail except the intro, which takes some getting used to. It's is a nice little QDIII track that's really chill. It's about living in L.A. As described by Makaveli The Don, it's "California Love Pt. Muthafuckin II, without gay-ass Dre". This also has Val Young from Parlaiment-Funkadelic on it. Like most of the album, it has no guest spots on it. It really gives it a nice flavor. I think anyone besides 'Pac rapping on this track would have ruined it a little bit. And the video for this is incredibly nice to. The beat has a bass lick and some funky guitar and a piano in it as well. It samples Prince's "Do Me, Baby". Has an actual fade-out into silence.

6. Friendz 6/10

This id the original version of "Fuck Friendz". It has a softer, synth beat with a few different synthesizers and a bass which I can' tell if it's real, or a synth. The chorus is also slightly different than the Until The End of Time version as it has Pac singing the chorus as opposed to that woman. Pac also disses Dre. He basically just talks about sex. It also has the prelude to Last Ones Left after the last verse.

7. Blasphemy 8/10

Has a different intro, that's slower and scarier and Pac's louder in the intro and in general. And his singing in the background is slightly louder as well. "Remember what my papz told me; remember what my papz told me." This is a track about how corrupt religion is. It starts out with 'Pac saying "Tupac don't front that blasphemy in here", but slightly louder than the retail version, because most of this track could be considered blasphemy. Prince Itaal is one this track to, on a catchy hook. There's also more talking in the background on the chorus as well. This really was on the 'Pacs best songs. This whole song was really pretty creepy. It scared me a little the first few times I heard it. At day. The prayer at the end is also completely panned to the left, which I think is different.

8. Hold Ya Head 6/10

The intro is slightly shorter. Another inspirational song. It's basically him telling us what to do when he dies. It has a pretty positive message. I really don't have much to say about it. The beat was typical for the retail album, a slow-ish piano beat with a slightly heavy bass, funky guitar and a synth flute. But on the 3 Day Theory, it's more unusual.

9. Lost Souls 7/10

This sounds a lot like the Friendz track. It's a bit boring, however. It's kind of typical, a synth beat and deals with talking about his life. Dr. Dre interpolated/sampled it later on "Smoking Weed For Hours"/"My Life". This is the third or fourth track that's not a solo track. It's pretty chill.

10. White Manz World 7/10

The intro is shorter and the guitar is softer. It has a Ron Isley sample. It's a song about family values and loving and respecting women. It's about how hard it is being black and being a woman, or both. It was slightly boring tho. He does apologize for being a playa to, so it's kind of sincere. It's inspirational and has samples from speeches. It also has a reference from Krazy ("All I heard was...") at the end of the first verse. His third verse flowed differently, like his third verse of his songs do. But to me, it doesn't sound right. It's also slightly different than the retail. The chorus is pretty catchy to. It uses an electric guitar as opposed to an acoustic, except for in the background. They also took away the Malcolm X sample, except at the outro which is a bit different.

11. Niggaz Nature 5/10

A song about how fake females can be and the nature of young black males. There's a funky guitar lick with some quiet strings. The bass is also really quiet. There's also a synth. It sounds like Jewell has the chorus.

12. Against All Odds 8/10

I don't have the original. A diss track dissing Nas, Dr. Dre, Puffy, Hatian Jack. He had a pretty catchy chorus over a flute beat and a heavy bass with some strings. He has a tight outro to. Talking about how he has money he wants more. It sounds like it's going to be his last album up until this track. After that he sounds like he has more in mind and later on is going to obliterate his enemies. He also references the Me Against The World Track "Outlaw". In my opinion, this is more of a closer track, which it was on the retail version.

13. Makaveli (Interlude)

The intro from To Live & Die in LA in in the background, the full version, with Pac talking about his enemies. He also mentions the next track.

14. When Thugz Cry 6/10

Starts off with a thug prayer. He does some ad libs with a loud-speaker sounding filter. Sounds different than the released version. It has an acoustic guitar driving the beat with a soft mafioso bass and some background singing. It doesn't fade out at all. It just ends. And very abruptly.

Overall, the album has a different flavor than the original and I'd rate it 8/10. He really gets back to his roots, and the absense of Life of An Outlaw, Toss It Up, Me and My Girlfriend and Just Like Daddy really take away that gangsta flare and give it a more philosophical, personal feel. It's much better then what they released. All though I did miss Me and My Girlfriend. That was a classic track.

Battle Record
    12-18

Re: Makaveli The Don - Killuminati: The 3 Day Theo

this is all the same music tho right?

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

Re: Makaveli The Don - Killuminati: The 3 Day Theo

Almost. Me And My Girlfriend, both versions of Toss It Up, Just Like Daddy and Life of an Outlaw were replaced by (Fuck) Friendz, Lost Souls, When Thugs Cry and Niggaz Nature. Plus they added the Makaveli/Unheard interlude and Watch Ya Mouth. Bomb first doesn't have the news intro, Hail Mary isn't much different, Krazy has an altered instrumental, Watch Ya Mouth is new and has the intro from To Live & Die in LA, To Live & Die in LA has a different intro and has a fade to silence. Friendz is new, some of the background vocals on Blasphemy are louder and it doesn't fade in, Hold Ya Head has a different intro, from Blasphemy, Lost Souls is new and sound like the Outlawz version on Friendz, The guitar is softer and more acoustic on White Man'z World and Ron Isley's vocals are a bit louder and they used more than one acoustic guitar as well an it's missing the Malcolm X speech, except at the outro, and Niggaz Nature is new, I haven't been able to find the original Against All Odds, but I'm guessing it's the same except for the in/outro. Unheard/Makaveli is new had the To Live & Die in LA intro, but extended, with Pac talking about his enemies and the panning is all the way to to left for Pacs voice. I think it was supposed to be the intro to When Thugz Cry and they where supposed to be a single track as opposed to 2. When Thugz Cry is the closer and is new. The tracks that aren't new are pretty similar. The only real difference is the added/missing tracks.