User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7
Showing results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Wtf @ My Car Subs

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Re: Wtf @ My Car Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    Who produces an actual album using downloaded MP3 beats?? I wouldn't even slap my name on that project in any form. Fuck the $400 lol. I've been mixing for RB heads for a long time. I've never once had anyone wanting to pay me to do what you're describing. And I hope no one does...
    tebo did

that's how i came up with $400
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Wtf @ My Car Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Spanj-vation View Post
    tebo did

that's how i came up with $400
    Are you sure? Last time I talked to Tebo about his album, he was buying instrumentals.

Battle Record
    12-18

huh? I don't have a album in the work, maybe a mixtape when I have enough songs for it, & I wouldn't use MP3 beats downloaded for it unless I bought it off the ppl who made it & got the actual thing.

But I pay for everything to be mixed no matter what it is. If it's a beat I really like I'd buy it if it's a reasonable price.. & if it's a mp3 I like I'll make a song with it just cus.. I'm not trying to go all out serious with my shit but I'll put a 'dec' amount of money into it to make it sound better & stuff..

but is there somthing wrong wit getting someone who can mix good to mix somthing on a mp3 beat once in a while, your still gonna make it sound better than I would & I'm big on quality..
    Last edited by Tebo; July 26th, 2011 at 06:58 PM

Battle Record
    12-18

Another thing I have some beats with the session files that I own & the separate instruments in the spots they should be etc.. & I have an mp3 of it & a .wav of it

People have said you just need the .wav to mix it, but I always thought to get the best mix you need the session files. I don't even know.. people say different things.. Cannon said he's had stuff done with just the .wav or somthing 1 time

I've mainly only gave a .wav or mp3 to ppl when I paid them to mix, I'm mad confused tho

I have never sent any of the beats I own for mixing before, I've been collecting & trying to get for the best prices & from good ppl
    Last edited by Tebo; July 26th, 2011 at 06:55 PM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Wtf @ My Car Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    huh? I don't have a album in the work, maybe a mixtape when I have enough songs for it, & I wouldn't use MP3 beats downloaded for it unless I bought it off the ppl who made it & got the actual thing.

But I pay for everything to be mixed no matter what it is. If it's a beat I really like I'd buy it if it's a reasonable price.. & if it's a mp3 I like I'll make a song with it just cus.. I'm not trying to go all out serious with my shit but I'll put a 'dec' amount of money into it to make it sound better & stuff..

but is there somthing wrong wit getting someone who can mix good to mix somthing on a mp3 beat once in a while, your still gonna make it sound better than I would & I'm big on quality..
    That's what I thought.

And nothing wrong with getting a song mixed with an mp3 beat either. People do it for single songs and mixtapes all the time. Just don't do that for an actual album tho. You'll never get an album quality mix that way. Like I said to Spanja, I wouldn't slap my name on an album made from mp3 beats. It's unprofessional and creates an inferior product that I wouldn't want people to hear an think that's what I call album quality production.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Wtf @ My Car Subs

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    Another thing I have some beats with the session files that I own & the separate instruments in the spots they should be etc.. & I have an mp3 of it & a .wav of it

People have said you just need the .wav to mix it, but I always thought to get the best mix you need the session files. I don't even know.. people say different things.. Cannon said he's had stuff done with just the .wav or somthing 1 time

I've mainly only gave a .wav or mp3 to ppl when I paid them to mix, I'm mad confused tho

I have never sent any of the beats I own for mixing before, I've been collecting & trying to get for the best prices & from good ppl
    The proper way to send a song off to be mixed is to send the session with only audio tracks. So if you have midi instruments, you'd bounce them down to audio tracks. So the engineer should have a session with all your audio tracks to mix.

Mixing a stereo instrumental track (whether mp3 or wav) with a vocal performance is more like doing a vocal mix and 2 track mastering. The results will never be album quality. You can get good results tho. Don't get me wrong. But album quality goes beyond simply good results. The mix had to sound GREAT. And it had to sound great on most speakers.