Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: 1-2 Punch Week 1 Mag.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

1-2 Punch Week 1 Mag.

INTRO-MOTHERFUCKING-DUCTION
    (in honor of King)

Ok, so here we are in week 2, no mag, half of the people who signed in did, well, what I thought they would do... NO SHOW! Go figure, so to everyone who no showed, I want to deliver a message on behalf of the league... YOU'RE ASSHOLES! Ok, now with that being said, lets take a look at what went down in week 1 and I'll throw some predictions out there for week 2. Sorry for the rushed attempt at a mag. fella's, but hey, I've been busy in FL this week, and unlike the rest of you sorry fuckers, I have a life... lol.

BATTLE REVIEWS

Stylized vs. Bey
    This was a battle of the name-flips and what a good one it was. Stylized brought a unique flip on Bey's name (Beyond) that a lot of people felt was,
    worded awkwardly. Bey, a NC cat, went in with a "tips on style" punch that everyone thought was a hard hitter. It was closer than the votes would show, but Bey pulled out the K.O.

Bongkers vs. Artwriter
    Bongkers, a guy who has been making a name for himself in FL and even peeked into the LLL recently, brought a good, hard hitting, and well developed punch that everyone thought was dope. ArtWriter is begining his first season in the 1-2 punch and is still trying to grasp the idea of how to throw a punch, just couldn't get his wording straight and ended up failing to get the win. Bongkers took the win.

Arch vs. JoeBoston
    Wow, this was mismatched from the time the battle was set. Arch is a well known text battler who was recently nominated to legends (go vote him in and make a mark in RB history). JoeBoston is, well... from Boston and is getting his first match against a true Vet of the text. Arch came with a witty nameplay (believe me, he's good at them) against a generic (no offense, thats just what I call them) punch that just didn't hit hard enough to secure the upset win. Winner- Arch by K.O.

Quest vs. Vinzr
    Wowwie, man!!!! This battle was close as fuck! Vinzr, outta no-where, developed a strong armed punch that Quest was not able to top. Votes were neck and neck, even though at first, it looked like Quest was going to pull out the K.O. and then he makes a miracle comeback for the victory. CAS was the deciding voter, taking Vinzr as the winner in what was the closest match of the week. Good battle guys! Vinzr wins.

TayTay vs. RPK
    RPK brought fire this week with a dope (and I mean dope) name flip on Tay, that left everyone, including myself, stunned! Tay had his work cut out for him and brought a good wordplay punch that I thought was good in itself, but just couldn't compete with RPK's name flip. RPK gets his first victory in a very decisive win. Congrats, homie!

Oatmeal vs. Feedback
    I thought this was a good battle and that it definately lived up to my expectations. Feedback was in the league last year, so I know the guy can formulate some good punches and will challenge even the best of the best, but unfortunately, he came with a semi-played "warm-meal" punch that the voters didn't like. Oatmeal, on the other hand, came fresh and had a jaw dropping punch that I feel should be the POTW and nonchalantly walked out of the battle with the win.

KnowP vs. Alias
    Both of these guys are good when they want to be, no offense, but they both can slack at times, but have the potential to champ the league. KnowP dropped a good nameflip on Alias that the voters felt was enough for the win. Alias came with a played "Know Pee" nameflip, that anything semi-decent could have beat. Alias, no offense bro, but you gotta drop fresh. I've seen you drop better than this and I'll assume you were rushed. Keep at it! KnowP takes the win.

M-Vario vs. Archdevil
    M-Vario won the POTS award last season and certainly proved why he is going to be a threat to everyone in the league. He brought a punch that Archdevil just couldn't compete with. Votes remained fairly close, but in my opinion, Vario took this easily. Archdevil isn't not bad and can walk away with wins from veterans who underestimate him, so let me give the vets some advice... DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS KID... clear enough? Lets see how things turn out in his next battle. Vario takes the win.

No Show wins adjusted
    Wk 1: Composure (0-0) vs. Chrit. (0-0) NS
    Wk 1: LyRiCaL(G) (0-0) vs. (W) W (0-0)
    Wk 1: (W) Andrewert (0-0) vs. Teknyshun (0-0)
    Wk 1:Hollow Cost (0-0)vs (W) Turn My Swag On (0-0)
    Wk 1: murda sho. (0-0) vs. (W) Tim (0-0)
    Wk 1: Slowhands (0-0) vs. (W) ! (0-0)
    Wk 1: Ol' Wise (0-0) vs. (W) miracle (0-0)
    Wk 1: (W) Kontext (0-0) vs. Mic S (0-0)
    Wk 1: #Winning (0-0) vs. (W) Token (0-0)
    Wk 1: (W) Shunned1 (0-0) vs. H.McCoy (0-0)
    Wk 1: RB Guest (0-0) vs. (W) Philly® (0-0)
    Wk 1: Kuhn (0-0) vs. (W) Cbjbkd (0-0)
    Wk 1: R!canTheoryz (0-0) vs. (W) -Marvelous- (0-0)
    Wk 1: (W) Verbal Hologram (0-0) vs. L-Tidus (0-0)
    Wk 1: Mr Bust On Toes (0-0) vs PyroMania (0-0) DNS

WEEK 2 PREDICTIONS

So far there have been 8 no shows this week, this is not good!
    People who received no show wins this week are...

A.T.
    Tim
    Oatmeal
    Diso
    Sayad
    Heresmytwocents
    Shunned1
    SirusX

Rhyme Schemes vs. Phan man
    This one could go either way... both of these guys have been active in FL and are known to talk shit to each other, so this is kind of like a beef match. They are about equal in skill (event though they won't admit it) so my prediction goes to the one who doesn't instigate shit just because...

Phan man with the split decision win.

ArtWriter vs. leonidas
    Now after last weeks mismatch, here is another one... I am starting to think that Verbal has personal issues with ArtWriter, because this is the second vet in a row. What a way to start a season...

Leonidas with the K.O. victory

Kontext vs. GoW
    I don't know a lot about Kontext, tbh... but what I do know is that GoW made it personally clear to me that he was taking the season champ belt away from me, this season and I believe that he his hell bent on doing so.

GoW with the K.O. victory

Bey vs. Philly
    Philly is another one of the older vets who has just been nominated for legends and there is a reason for it... the guy is GOOD! Bey is that NC cat who has a unique style that is fresh to RB, so I cannot underestimate him, I've seen what he can do and expect a knock down, drag out fight...

Philly with the split decision win

Stylized vs. Verbal Hologram
    Verbal has champed this league before and I think he wants to do it, again. Stylized has massive potential if he would commit himself, but its not in styles natue to commit to anything (other then men, lol).

Verbal Hologram in a split decision win

M-Vario vs. Holocaust
    Holocaust is one of those guys who drops nice one minute and then about faces and bends over and takes a dicking with a smile, the next. LULZ. All bullshit aside, he has the potential to drop dope, but then again he is facing a former FL Champ, 1-2 Champ, and LLL contender in M-Vario...

Vario with the split decision win

Archdevil vs. Cbjbkd
    Archdevil gets another shot a victory, but will he succeed? Cb has been active in FL and is elevating quickly. I've seen him drop some dope bars so this one will is his for the taking if he drops like I know he can.

Cbjbkd with the split decision victory

Bongkers vs. Intelligencez
    Bongkers had a good bar last week and I expect the same for this week. I've seen what Intelligencez can do and even though he is getting better, I think that Bongkers is a level above him.

Bongkers with the K.O. victory

Turn my swag on vs. Andrewert
    Don't really know much about either of these guys, so I am assuming that they are new to text battling. This match ought to be a good indicator of who is likely to succeed in 1-2, and who will be the bitch of the league, so to speak... just going out on a branch here, but

Turn my swag on with the split decision victory

Arch vs. Rican Theoryz
    I don't know Rican at all... but I do know Arch and so do you. Expect Arch to handle business as he always does.

Arch with the K.O. victory

Delaterious vs. RPK
    Delaterious is a new head here and I've seen him around in FL. Don't know if RPK is going to drop up to the standards that he set last week, but we shall find out.

RPK with the split decision win

Feedback vs. Alias
    Potential to be the battle of the week. No, these cats are not known as "Dope", but they both can bring some heat to the table. Alias has been around FL and has great concepts, but lacks in wording. Feedback is pretty much the same and it should be a close match

Feedback with the split decision win

JoeBoston vs. Swift Shifty
    Both these guys are elevating and are starting to learn the fundamentals of text battling. I expect both of these guys to give it their all and provide an entertaining battle

JoeBoston with the split decision win

Vinzr vs. Token
    Vinzr is my boy and I am pulling for him to win (he's in my crew, what do you expect?), but I don't see him getting as lucky as he did last week, so this time, he really has to earn it! Token is a threat to anybody concerning text and knows how to rumble...

Token with the K.O. victory

WTF and LOL's
    wtf @ A.T. and Vario being modded, but not Stylized
    LOL @ Token changing the Tapatalk signature... shits funny homie
    WTF @ all the no-shows
    LOL @ CAS and Verbal for still modding this shit after all the no shows
    WTF @ a late mag???? QUIT BITCHING, AT LEAST YOU GOT ONE!
    LOL @ me and Verb doing the mags on a weekly basis starting this week

Outro-motherfucking-duction

I don't know if outroduction is a fucking word, but it works in this case, because y'all know this mag is coming to an end. I have now spent an hour and a half of my precious and very limited spare time, in order to bring you guys some laughs, some info, and give you guys props! I really hope the no-shows will come to an end in week 3 (the defending season champ hasn't even had a battle yet), but we will see how it goes. Shout out to CAS (leonidas for the dumbshits here) and Verbal Hologram for setting the battles and giving you worthless fucks a chance to earn another medal. Anyways, I wish you all good luck, lets get some votes, and get the battles set for next week, peace!
    Last edited by A.T.; June 25th, 2011 at 08:40 AM
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    61-50
    Awards 50+ Wins

Re: 1-2 Punch Week 1 Mag.

nice mag A.T.

keep it up man, i know mags are definitely hard work to put together.

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

cool mag Ah-Tee.
    but wtf @ A.T. and Vario being modded, but not Stylized
    should have been an LOL@ watch those typos homie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    36-16

lol...
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

good shit bro

stickied

Battle Record
    36-16

Much appreciated!
    DayumNation

Battle Record
    18-6

lmfao @ this mag.. nice shit A.T lol.. keep it up many props

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    36-16

The M-Vario- holocaust predictions my fav. Tbh. Lol
    DayumNation

-Marvelous-
    Battle Record
    58-10
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion GFX HOF - Award Request Accepted SOTW ABL Champion FL HOF VBL Champion - VBL Champion AOTM AOTW FL Champion

ahaha sweet mag homie good shitt

Battle Record
    36-14
    Awards 25+ Wins

nvm...
    Scytsophrenia

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Good effort boys

Battle Record
    8-10

Not bad
    remember death...

Battle Record
    40-7
    Awards OM HOF Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 25+ Wins

cool mag, add a power rankings

Battle Record
    36-16

Next mag. I promise
    DayumNation

joeboston = Mad
    Battle Record
    11-11

Good shit A.T.