User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Rishi P - Take A Look Inside (Debut Album)

Get Familiar

Rishi P - Take A Look Inside (Debut Album)

This is my debut album. All original exclusive beats that I own with high studio quality. My homie David "Shadowless" Kennedy recorded/mixed this whole thing and then was sent off to be professionally mastered.

Album is basically me looking back at the past 10 or so years of my life since for the first time in a while I'm finally feeling like myself and actually enjoying life. I dig into some of the most painful experiences I went through from losing my father at the age of 16, having problems all throughout high school after that and then slowly turning to alcohol to help numb all the pain only allowing myself to get worse.

There is no other way to put it other than simply saying it is time for you to “Take A Look Inside” of Rishi P...

Album can be Downloaded/Streamed @ http://thefnspot.com/site/main/archives/2752

Appreciate all feedback!

Feed Links
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...51#post8135951
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...999/index.html
    Last edited by Rishi P; June 22nd, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    Real life experiences told through music

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Download/Stream my latest project, 1Life EP @

Get Familiar

Re: Rishi P - Take A Look Inside (Debut Album)

Lol had a feeling this wud get slept on

Ill be uploading single tracks here tho but make sure to check wholecwlbum worked hard on this one!

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Nah Rishi ur wrong lmao. Yo definitely Album cover has my attention and the message u bring on it would definitely make this album wanna be listened too. I like the shattered glass effect it has on it pretty ill. The theme it right too how u have Take A Look Inside painted it would remind me of walking into some abandoned place and seeing nothing but
    horrifying shit. Overall u did a great job with this and hope the album goes well for you Real Talk. Respect!

Battle Record
    61-50
    Awards 50+ Wins

I'll give it a spin now...I will come back and post what I think in tomorrow or sometime. I ain't good with audio or anything but I'd hate for all your effort to get slept on...so yeah.

Battle Record
    12-14

it has only been 11 hours and this is rb so that aint that long.
    imma download today and post what i think later

this album is not to be slept on.
    one of the first to peep this and i have to say nearly every song on this i can see being a big hit within the underground community.

the emotion in the lyrics the different style of production the quality...
    you can tell you have put alot of hard work into this and alot of personal feelings and i think that's what makes this album truly unique.

nice shizzle homie

RTF http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...007/index.html
    Youtube - JMIN SCHOBS
    Spotify - JMIN SCHOBS
    AMAZON - JMIN SCHOBS
    AppleMusic - JMIN MUSIC
    Ect...... JMIN SCHOBS

Get Familiar

Thanks fellas Nah I just don't usually see ppl post full projects here only in lounge where they kind of get slept on

But yes then let me get some links tonight mods don't close this..thx

Joe yes glad u liked the feel of covers thought I went a bit overboard and gave it toobmuch of a horror or dark feel but I think it set the tone

Def look fwd to everyone's thoughts!

Reallyvmeans a lot and yes thisbwas a very grueling process gave up several weekends of partying to do this instead but I'm glad I dod this and glad ibhad my homie pushing me cuz there were somenpiints I wanted to scratch it

Sorry for typos on mobile!

Lets start from the top

Intro - Cool shit, cool to have someone hype you up like that
    Take A Look Inside - Already gave you feed on this, i like the track now listening for a 2nd time, I like this as a track, not a single deff but a cool way to start it out.
    Im Sorry - Another real track, I really like this beat... Good multi's on this one. Topic is dope.
    Free My Spirit - Decent track, favorite part was the chorus.
    She Should Know - You definately always keepin it real. Song is cool for a story track. This track is relatable. The chorus sample fits perfect to the song too. The last verse is cool, I like the emotion you put into it. Heartfelt.
    Bars of Pain - Not really feelin the beat... actually i like it more once it drops. Im starting to realize most of this album has the same themes throughout, depression, anxiety... etc.. not a bad thing, people will bump you when they are feelin the same feelings... but Id personally find the album more entertaining if you threw in different types of tracks.
    Dreams - Another real track, was kinda hopin this was gonna be a fun track... the song is cool though. The chorus is cool. Lyrics are cool because it really happened, but I think that might hurt you in the sense that people might become bored with listening to your life story. no offense intended. I actually really like this song just giving you my insight...but who the fuck am i?? lmao.
    Tear It Up - this beat is cool, i would have liked to see this as number 3 or 4 somethin to bring the audience back from the rollercoaster of emotions you started out with. Lyrics are cool. 2nd verse was cool... brain harvard line is corny, but dudes got a crazy swag. Rhyme scheme is dope.... hillary roddem line was dope. I like the fun vibe of the track, the playlist needs this... shows diversity.
    Alone With You - I like how you bring the smooth after the more hype track. I actually really like this one Rishi. Lyrics are cool... some of the punches seem a little generic, but i really like the chorus man no doubt.
    Annoying - Not bad I fuck with it, pretty clever
    Keep It Real - Perfect way to follow that skit. Song is cool... i like the dj mixes.. pretty cool.
    Friday Night - Bathroom fastfood haha. I like your rhyme schemes on this. Beat is dope. Chorus is a lil cheesy imo, but it works for this track. I like where you positioned this track
    The Difference - Im really feelin this song, loving the rhyme schemes and comfort level. scratching is real dope. 2nd verse is very sick how it drops in after the chorus. mainstream rap is weak sauce haha. dope.
    Changes - I like your voice on this shit. I can feel your pain. Dope track man forreal one of my favorites on this album.
    Cant Be Stopped - this is cool, beat real epic.. the energy is real nice. feelin this man... cool track right here.
    Moving On - good outro track the singin is real dope... who is that? This is cool, follows the path of the rest of the album

Overall this was cool, mad respect for completing an entire project, takes a lot of passion to do that. Still got room for elevation...but your not a rookie thats for sure.

The Pros: Great emotion, decent lyricism, Real in everything you say. Sounded like you know what you wanted to accomplish, and did that.

The Cons: Would have liked to see a little more diversity in the song topics, I love how you keep it real but I would have liked to see you explore more realms and play/experiment with your style more.

For the name of the album though, It works because you followed the theme you were trying to put out there "take a look inside". I would have liked to see more of your party side, maybe your grimey side.... your dark side? haha if that makes sense.

This album was cool for the mood you set for it... its definately for people who are feelin the same feelings your rapping about, great debut.

Keep Doin You...
    Respect
    Milk Man

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

I viewed most of the album didnt finish but my opinion diffrent i really liked bars of pain because i loved the intensity u had in ur voice but i will chop it down for you when i get time 2 listen more.

Congratulations on this man, deff an accomplishment. Album came out dope and was glad I got to produce it with you homie. Hard copies coming in soon!!
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

Battle Record
    61-50
    Awards 50+ Wins

I ain't going on a song by song break down but I'll give you a general post of feedback and comments and what ever. Personally, I was felt your emotion throughout most, if not all, your tracks. They were all real strong and polished lyrically and the emotion was really felt through your delivery. I think your flow was pretty dope throughout in every single track. The whole theme of the mixtape was real dope and for a first album this definitely is a nice kick-off to be honest, I'm a huge fan of reflection tracks...I don't know I'm a pretty emotional guy that reacts to emotional lyrics so some of your tracks really got to me.

It's hard for me to choose a definite favourite but one that I would listen to over and over would have to be "Take A Look Inside", but with another spin I'd probably re-consider and find another favourite though.

Also, I gotta say...I loved the beats and the hooks for most of your tracks, they were dope as! But on that note, I wish you the best of luck on future endevours and hope you success on this album and future albums.

Get Familiar

Thanks for the mini break down man really appreciate it

Get Familiar

uppingggg thissss

stop sleeeepinggggg

you don't gotta feed the WHOLE album maybe pick 2 or 3 tracks that you liked the most and say why or why not lol

leave links too aiighhhhhhhhhh

Battle Record
    11-5

Shit sounds real tight man.

Downloading and I will give it a good listen through.

Just based on listening to the first track, I cayn already dig it man.

Keep it up.

Social Media:

Get Familiar

Thx drop a few more thought after giving a good listen if u can