User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Manchester United Vs. Barcelona Champions League F

Religion = Politics
    Battle Record
    2-1

Manchester United Vs. Barcelona Champions League F

Its Manchester vs Barcelona, id say Manchester will win at 1-0, probably Rooney making the goal, or Rooney with an assist, and the of course, Chicarito making the goal, while Barcelona is one of the best teams in the world, i feel that Manchester offense will break trough the defense at best 5 times in the whole game.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Re: Manchester United Vs. Barcelona Champions Leag

you're kidding yourself mate.

barca will control ball for most of the match; and they will score easily. I think the real back four are just as quality as the united back four, or even better; and look how barca plays against them. Barca are too skilled at every position. The midfield of barca is too world class, and so is the attack.
    Last edited by Extinctor Draconis; May 10th, 2011 at 01:42 AM
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    21-6

You know who I'm going for.

[/url]

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

disapointed schalke 04 got destroyed.... gotta cheer on barca

Religion = Politics
    Battle Record
    2-1

I agree that Barca is one of the best teams on earth, but i mean its not an easy win. They got Alex Ferguson, worlds best coach, Rooney(who for somereason always seems to to get that lucky shot, or just pulls somebadass moves in final tournaments, but not on regular games :P)

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

barca has messi, the best player in the world right now

Barcelona. Hands down. Manchester United will let them have the ball, not that they'd have a option. O'Shea I think will play @ RB cos Rafael is a bit too raw for a game like this, he's shown he can lose composure and against Villa, Pedro and Messi he's going to be @ his limit. Man Utd to score but Barca 2-1.

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

yeah 2-1 sounds good. should be a good game

Battle Record
    21-6

How amazing would be to see El Chicharo score against them..the decisive goal at that's

I cant wait to see their rematch in July..they'll play here in DC.
    [/url]

Battle Record
    21-6

How amazing would be to see El Chicharo score against them..the decisive goal at that

I cant wait to see their rematch in July..they'll play here in DC.
    Last edited by El Chapo; May 11th, 2011 at 06:46 PM
    [/url]

#Arab

I really, really feel that Manchester is going to win this. Manchester United have tons of experience when it comes to CL, especially the finals. While Barca is going to dominate possession like always and their midfield is a lot better than United... United are probably the best counter attacking team in the world. They will get Barca on the counter.

Ferguson is probably going to adopt a slightly modified 4-4-2, probably including either Sung or Fletcher who both run their socks off.. so United will have that extra man in midfield to break down Xavi and Iniesta. What United's midfield lose in quality, they make up with physicality, discipline and speed.

United's centre backs are the best in the world. Messi and Villa (who isn't in the greatest form) are going to have a torrid time if they try to break through the centre.. so they'll most likely try to go out wide with Dani Alves in support and try to attack United's full backs.

But on the counter is where Barca is most vulnerable. Barca is having a back four problem especially at left full back. If they slot Puyol at left back and Mascherano at center back, they're going to have a tough time dealing with the counter. Valencia is going to make life horrid for Puyol and Dani Alves is probably going to go forward to support the attack. If Barca lose the ball and Nani/Valencia rush down the flanks for the counter.. it's going to be hard for Barcelona.

They'll probably look to take advantage of Mascherano at center back too. While Paul Scholes and Carrick are no Iniesta or Xavi..they still have excellent vision and can create something from the middle of the park. Barcelona play with a relatively high line, but I've never seen a player beat the offside trap better than Chicharito. Let's not forget Rooney who is all over the place. He drops back to help defend, he goes out wide and he plays through the center. He can create and score.. so he's United's wild card.

It's going to be an interesting game. But, I really hope Man U takes it.
    Last edited by The Dubaian; May 12th, 2011 at 03:48 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by هاني View Post
    I really, really feel that Manchester is going to win this. Manchester United have tons of experience when it comes to CL, especially the finals. While Barca is going to dominate possession like always and their midfield is a lot better than United... United are probably the best counter attacking team in the world. They will get Barca on the counter.

I think real is the best counter attacking team.

Ferguson is probably going to adopt a slightly modified 4-4-2, probably including either Sung or Fletcher who both run their socks off.. so United will have that extra man in midfield to break down Xavi and Iniesta. What United's midfield lose in quality, they make up with physicality, discipline and speed.

True: the extra man does help, as long as you press them. Alex Song was really a nuisance when barca was at the emirates.

United's centre backs are the best in the world. Messi and Villa (who isn't in the greatest form) are going to have a torrid time if they try to break through the centre.. so they'll most likely try to go out wide with Dani Alves in support and try to attack United's full backs.

Disagree. Vidic is the best centre back in the world, but the pairing isn't the best in the world; but ehh, that's mah opinion

But on the counter is where Barca is most vulnerable. Barca is having a back four problem especially at left full back. If they slot Puyol at left back and Mascherano at center back, they're going to have a tough time dealing with the counter. Valencia is going to make life horrid for Puyol and Dani Alves is probably going to go forward to support the attack. If Barca lose the ball and Nani/Valencia rush down the flanks for the counter.. it's going to be hard for Barcelona.

aren't maxwell and abidal going to be fit? I swear that's what I read.

They'll probably look to take advantage of Mascherano at center back too. While Paul Scholes and Carrick are no Iniesta or Xavi..they still have excellent vision and can create something from the middle of the park. Barcelona play with a relatively high line, but I've never seen a player beat the offside trap better than Chicharito. Let's not forget Rooney who is all over the place. He drops back to help defend, he goes out wide and he plays through the center. He can create and score.. so he's United's wild card.

It's going to be an interesting game. But, I really hope Man U takes it.
    I just think you're biased. lolz

responses in bold
    De Kapitein

Man Utd don't have the best CBs in the world. Rio is past his peak, but still capable of putting in a good shift. Vidic is one of the best CBs in the world though. I disagree that Messi & Villa will have a torrid time against the MU defence. It's not just those two dribbling into the box, it's the barrage of through balls and intricate play in their own third MU are going to struggle with. Guardiola is also very aware of how MU can counterattack, (Which for me the best counterattacking team in Europe is Arsenal - See 1st leg vs Barcelona) so Busquets will sit back when the other 2 midfielders and Alves bomb forward. Pique has enough pace to cover a quick over the top ball and is quick enough should Hernandez slip the offside trap. But, I do think MU will play with a 5 man midfield and a lone striker, which won't be Hernandez - he'll most likely come on in the second half. The other thing is if Rio gets injured before this game which is a real possibility due to his creaking bones, then Smalling is gonna get devoured lolz.

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

when its all said an done, barca will be the winners

Battle Record
    26-5

Barcelona will win.

I look forward to the game.

Daglish just signed a contract too!