Its like ive been tempted to do wrong, everyone has misguided me,
    People come, people go...thats how liife goes
    livin life to the fullest, when will it be my time to go? no one knows
    No matter what, people will always judge me
    Cousins killed in Iraq, give me strength as they look down from above me
    I know I got flaws, I'm nowhere near perfect,
    Certain people you keep close makes livin worth it,
    I get threats so serious that i stay up with my AR-15 ready,
    Step foot on my driveway, ill pull the trigger, the result wont look pretty,
    Pain is a hard concept to swallow, sometimes you'll choke,
    I knew former friends that are in rehab for alcohol, drugs and coke,
    Overcoming obstacles, but when its tough ill grasp it,
    my life is like the energizer bunny - only ill outlast it.

feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=449802
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=448538
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...770/index.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Celph Taut
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    sick, bro. Holy shit. Absolutely captivating lyrics. never seen something so explosive, dynamic, and quintessentially mesmerizing! Keep it up!

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

Re: Life

uppin

sick, bro. Holy shit. Absolutely captivating lyrics. never seen something so explosive, dynamic, and quintessentially mesmerizing! Keep it up!

Florida home of some of the best..Flo Rida, Zak Baggans, Rick Ross, T-pain, Plies, Jake Owen, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Wesley Wymer

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    My past is like a drug - im feelin the after affects
    It would make more sense if it was like; “My past is like a drug, and I’m feelin nothing but the after effects”

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    If it was changed to; “Cousins killed in Iraq, give me strength, as they look down from above, smiling at me.”

To me, it's a bit short. I do feel it, it just needs some more length and it'll be popin. I've never had any family members go into Iraq, just friends families so I can't relate on that part.
    Our finger prints don't fade from the lives we touch.
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

thanks for the feed..

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

uppn

Battle Record
    61-50
    Awards 50+ Wins

A nice emotional first person piece this is... flow was decent, vocab wasn't bad and the main message is conveyed through your emotion put into this. I would have liked to see more of a complex rhyming scheme or some multis thrown in there though. There's nothing much else to say really. Good job with this piece and I cannot wait to see your future stuff, keep writing and elevate.

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzr View Post
    A nice emotional first person piece this is... flow was decent, vocab wasn't bad and the main message is conveyed through your emotion put into this. I would have liked to see more of a complex rhyming scheme or some multis thrown in there though. There's nothing much else to say really. Good job with this piece and I cannot wait to see your future stuff, keep writing and elevate.
    Thanks for the feed, appreciate it.

Jefferson, this was hott right here. I like this verse a lot, homie. The title is what got my attention, and the first few lines sucked me in. I skimmed through the whole thing, and this is a great work of art right here. Keep it up, dude. ^_^

Drops Bombs Like A-Rabs Prophet Margin's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Well welcome to RB, i can tell you have atleast some prior experience with topicals though......this was decent

lemme give you some good feedback on this

Sun rises on the horizon, birds chirpin', its 5 am
    Tradgic events in my past makes me appreciate im alive, damn

This was a decent opener, i like the way you worded it

Read texts that are all full of hate and open threats
    My past is like a drug - im feelin the after affects

Simple but pretty solid. i can already see the direction youre tryna goSo many

enemies...started as trash-talk, turned into heated rivalries
    Its like ive been tempted to do wrong, everyone has misguided me,

You stepped up your rhyme scheme a lil bit here. enemies is a slant rhyme to rivarlies and guided me. Woulda been dope if you threw in another rhyme at the beginning/middle of the second line. lol

People come, people go...thats how liife goes
    livin life to the fullest, when will it be my time to go? no one knows

This coulda been improved alot using maybe some metaphors or just more effective description. this is a vanilla bar. also you let yourself get word repetitive using go 3 times.

No matter what, people will always judge me

flow was a tiny bit off here but i like this bar.

I know I got flaws, I'm nowhere near perfect,
    Certain people you keep close makes livin worth it,

dope concept the bar coulda been constructed better but again i like this

I get threats so serious that i stay up with my AR-15 ready,
    Step foot on my driveway, ill pull the trigger, the result wont look pretty,

ehh, this left me flat, coulda been better considering the content of the bar

Pain is a hard concept to swallow, sometimes you'll choke,
    I knew former friends that are in rehab for alcohol, drugs and coke,

first line good, second ehh. decent bar.

Lol this was sick. The energizer bunny meta was a lil strange in a cynical type piece, but it actually seemed to fit here. def a good bar here.

What you Need

Lol i dont think i gotta give you too many tips youre on the right track, some room to elevate but you know wat youre doing

Step up Your Rhyme Schemes: Like i mentioned once in the breakdown. Add more rhymes within your bars instead of just using end rhymes. also throw in some internals and make sure that as many of your end rhymes as possible are multis.....will really make your rhyming impressive.

Count your Syllables: This is something alotta guys dont seem to know about. It will tighten up your flow like a motherfucker. Try to make sure that all your lines are between 11-15 syllables (cpl of yours were like 17) and do one of two things.

-Try to keep your syllable count consistent from line to line (i.e all your lines are 12 or 13 syllables, with no exceptions)

0R

-Keep the length of your 1st and second lines of each bar consistent (i.e 11 syll/15 syll....and the next bar 11/15 again.)

Vocab: You did have some, and idk maybe its not your style, but imo using big and descriptive words will really help your topical verses. Use them in the right way and they add flavor and description, as well as making complex rhyming easier to do.

As far as your wordplay and metas they were decent and im convinced that you know what youre doing in those areas.....maybe couldve added a few more good metas or creative wordplay here and there but its nothing that should be concerning

overall an ok drop, i know you can get a lil better and you prolly will.

just stay up man
    Last edited by Prophet Margin; May 6th, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Drops Bombs Like A-Rabs Prophet Margin's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

Thanks for the feed guys, appreciate it.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Herculean's Avatar

^killed.. well it took me a minute to get to this, sorry been busy as hell. Prophet covered most of everything in his feed (which he usually does lol) but the only thing i can tell you is to practice practice practice, you already have the premise of what to do now you just need to apply it, stay ill
    I have exchanged my weapon for a pen, my battlefield for a blank page

Infekted PenZ

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards OM HOF

I meant to getting to return the feed earlier, but I'm just getting around to doing any feed returning now. This was a pretty emotional piece, emotion had strong presence and conveyed to the reader. I liked the word play you used, pretty good stuff. I think you need to improve your vocabulary usage, reading through I found it pretty bland. You had a couple decent multi's but you could definitely improve in this aspect, try to get a lot more multis and even some internals if you can. Good stuff on your metaphors. Your flow should be tightened up, try to keep your syllables to a closer count. Keep writing man, always practice.
    infektedpenz